We Got A House!

July 19, 2016 · 12 comments

Okay, let me clarify. Alex bought a house. I live in it. Sooo…. we got a house! 😉

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 2.56.34 PM

You may already be clued into this via my Snapchat feed (username: ablyssa). For the past month, we’ve been full steam ahead moving, demolishing, painting, planning, craigslist selling, and reorganizing.

And thankfully for me, in his retirement, my handy dad starting flipping houses. Guess what he spent 16+ days doing?

IMG_5219

My dad completely gutted our master bathroom. We weren’t too attached to the bright green and black/white tile, and the bathtub badly needed reglazing. Bob to the rescue!

IMG_5222

My dad finished the job yesterday, but we still need to get the bathtub reglazed. Just wait until you see the difference in the new bathroom vs. the old.

IMG_4821

I’ll hit ya with some before/after picture realness when we have all our ducks in a row.

But don’t worry! We saved a few of the original tiles to make some coasters for the living room. WHOOP. Also, Alex wanted me to make it clear that he gets photo credit for these beauts:

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 3.01.35 PM

Last month, my mom, my sister, and Alex’s mom joined forces with all of us to clean, paint, and move. That week may have been the most exhausted any of us have been in a long while.

IMG_4825

IMG_5225

Bye, chevron wall.

IMG_5224

Hello, rainwash. With my mom and Amy’s help, we painted about 75% of the house.

IMG_4774

Smell ya later, orange kitchen.

We’ve still got a ways to go (furniture purchasing, decorating, ceiling fan wiring), but we are really excited about making this charming little Richmond house our own. And if you feel like I’ve been a little MIA, just use your imagination and assume I’m hanging backyard string lights, arranging rooms 217 times, or perusing the best online sales for patio furniture and dining room chairs (speaking of which…. anybody got any gems?).

My friend Bailey will be gracing our house with her design touch, as well. I can’t wait to show you all her great ideas.

Follow along on snapchat, as always!

FullSizeRender 11

Any tips for new home buyers? What was your favorite part of buying your first house? Where’s your favorite place to shop for new home goods?

I need a frequent flyer card for Joss & Main. It’s getting out of hand.

1 Christina Dick July 19, 2016 at 3:12 pm

YAYAYAY Congrats!

2 WorthyStyle July 19, 2016 at 3:24 pm

OMG those colors are SO insane. What were the sellers thinking. Looking forward to seeing the final results! Lets follow each other on Snapchat! XO – WorthyStyle
WorthyStyle recently posted..Sponsored Post and Giveaway: Your baby’s comfort begins with Luvs #adMy Profile

3 Jamie July 19, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Ahh!!! I am so excited for you guys! As someone who is almostttt (almost!) at the end of a 3 month reno, I SO feel you on all of this. So much work, but so rewarding too! I’m excited to follow along! 🙂

4 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables July 19, 2016 at 4:33 pm

OMG I can’t wait to see more pictures!!! (And woahhhh that orange kitchen hahaha)
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted..How to Get Back into a Healthy Routine After VacationMy Profile

5 Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle July 20, 2016 at 4:32 pm

How exciting! I love following along on snapchat. The new bathroom tile looks amazing!
Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle recently posted..Caroline | Five MonthsMy Profile

6 Brittany July 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

It’s all coming together and the house is looking so good. Can’t wait to see the bathroom once it’s completely finished. I’m sure it’s going to look amazing!! <3
Brittany recently posted..HA: Eat More, Exercise Less, Stress LessMy Profile

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2016 at 10:11 am

I totally should have let you shower in it yesterday! 🙂 <3 Loved mixing in the kitchen with you!!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..We Got A House!My Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2016 at 10:21 am

Thanks, Ashley! We’re extra excited about the bathroom. Once I paint the trim, put up the hardware, and find an XL shower curtain and a rug, it should be complete!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..We Got A House!My Profile

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2016 at 10:22 am

Thanks, girlfriend! Loved catching up with you yesterday.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..We Got A House!My Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2016 at 10:23 am

Jamie, I LOVE your renos. So, so pretty!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..We Got A House!My Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 25, 2016 at 10:24 am

Honestly! I need to steal your paint colors. 😉
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..We Got A House!My Profile

12 Morgan August 4, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Awesome! It looks like you’re making a lot of progress! Congratulations on the new house!