I’ve now had over two months of funemployment. After being laid off, I’ve been keeping myself busy with a myriad of activities.
But I’ve still got a lot to accomplish.
Wait, no. What I need to accomplish is finding a full-time job. But still, I’ve been reflecting on my little adventure. There’s been so much accomplished in so …much… time.
Things I’ve nailed in my (f)unemployment:
1. Doy, becoming Pure Barre certified (see more on that here and here). I’ve been told I’m not allowed to call myself unemployed now that I have a part-time job, but I say as long as I’m stressing over money and not being able to pay bills, I’m unemployed. Barre has been great for me. It gets me out of the house, keeps me busy studying, and helps me meet great people.
2. Know what else I nailed? 80’s Day at the barre.
(Do you spy one of my favorite client friends, Brittany? ;))
And by saying I “nailed it,” I mean my wedgie-rific leotard (worn in the miserably wedgie-rific Wicked 10k if you recall that race) unsnapped at my crotch mid-class and I had a really cool show for all the clients in the 8:30 class. YOU’RE WELCOME.I need a raise.
3. I have successfully abstained from selling my roommate’s dog on Craigslist. I am certain Lilly hates my guts since we spend so much time together, and she has taken to not only barking whenever I am trying to study, talk on the phone, or generally focus on anything, but she also MUST lay on me wherever we are. I love snuggles (and dogs) as much as the next girl, but it’s gotten bad.Her other favorite thing is barking at my door at 5 a.m.
And eating all the Quest bars out of my room. ALL of them. I think I cried a little when she ate a whole box of my beloved Cookies ‘n’ Cream bars, leaving the wrappers strewn around my bedroom floor. If you follow me on Intagram, you’ve already seen this gem from the storm a few days ago:
We’re like, really close now.
4. I’ve fit in more trips home to my parents’ in NC than I’ve been able to in years. It’s been absolutely splendid. Since I no longer have my house in VA Beach (sob), my stand up paddle board is there, so I’ve been doing my barre on it. I challenge you to try and get on those tippy toes. It’s harder than it looks.
5. Remember my adorable little sunflower I grew from a seedling?
Yep. Killed it.
Looks great, right? Turns out, sunflowers don’t like it when you go out of town for a few days in extreme heat.I guess I should go clean that out.
5. And lastly, I’ve kept my love for stupid teeny bop pop. I’ve been obsessed with Classic for months now, and it still hasn’t gone out of style over here (ha,
stupid puns). And now that I’ve watched the music video and seen how cute the singer is… well… let’s just say my poor Pure Barre clients will be
listening to that same playlist a lot. I’ve tried to keep my bopping to a minimum, but sometimes you just can’t stop the beat.
I’ve now discovered the “I’m Ready” song. I can’t decide if I hate or admire the addition of Spongebob’s voice, but I’m diggin’ the rest of it.
I’ve added one more thing to my unemployment bucket list. I shall learn to do the following flawlessly (thanks to Brit for bringing this video to my attention):
Funemployment for the win!
Now, time to pray the job gods hit me with something sweet. Stat. Or I’m going to become a professional clarinet pole twerker.