Moving to Richmond

June 7, 2013 · 18 comments

It’s happening. The Virginia Beach TidalWheel studio is running smoothly and ready for my departure, the new locations for our Richmond studios are set, and my new apartment is locked down (and riiiight by the mall… fantastic or stupid decision)?

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.30.44 PM

Want to read more about TidalWheel coming to RVA? We were featured in Richmond BizSense this week! http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2013/06/03/wheels-in-motion-for-2-spinning-gyms/

Although the move isn’t permanent, it really hasn’t sunk in that I have to move yet. I can’t say leaving Virginia Beach during prime beach time makes me stoked, but I’m pretty excited about what Richmond may have to offer me bother personally and professionally.

I also got pretty new bedding, and my apartment has a walk-in closet. So there’s that.

I’m also pretty pumped to live near Colleen. She’s one of…. two(?) friends I have who lives in Richmond, and Clare now isn’t too far away. I already warned Brittany that I’m going to force her to be my new IRL friend, as well.

So, now I need all you Richmond-ites to tell me what is FANTASTIC in the area. Besides the up-and-coming TidalWheel trend, that is! I already have my sights set on an indoor rock climbing gym, and hoooolymoly you have no idea how excited I am for this. I had two birthday parties at one of those places. I think I’m going to start a Richmond bucket list of sorts. And exciting restaurants with really yummy vegetarian/vegan food. And the closest fro yo place to my front door, but we all know that’s a given.

Give me all your Richmond knowledge! And if you live in the area, “like” TidalWheel Richmond on Facebook, obviously.

In the meantime, I’m soaking up as much Virginia Beach time as I can. When I’m not working, I’m running, spending lots of time with friends and family, and (safely) enjoying the sunshine.

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.35.26 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.34.47 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.09.08 PM

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.33.55 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 3.54.07 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 3.53.56 PM
2013-05-28 19.48.51
Oh! And I got a new car. It’s really exciting. I named her Serenity because she’s like a spaceship inside. If you watched Firefly, my fellow browncoats will get the reference.

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.32.44 PM

And I made a vegan cookie cake.

Screen shot 2013-06-06 at 4.08.41 PM

Coming to you shortly needs to be a large recipe roundup of all my latest addictions (read: cookie dough protein balls, smoothies, and vegan baked goods).

That will happen.

1 Sam @ Reddy Or Knot June 7, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Good luck with your move to Richmond! I think you will love it! I JUST moved from Stafford (about an hour north of Richmond) and have tons of friends in Richmond who love there. We always have a great time when we go down to visit. One of the best parts of Richmond is there are tons of young people so the city caters a lot to that age demographic: new restaurants, social sports teams, outdoor festivals, shows, art exhibits, etc. I think you will fit right in :)
Sam @ Reddy Or Knot recently posted..TBS GraduationMy Profile

2 katie June 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm

So happy for you! Congrats on the new place and the sweet new ride!

Oh next to a mall would be dangerous! Froyo place close too? Now that would be deadly, haha! <3
katie recently posted..Diva Spill FridayMy Profile

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 8, 2013 at 8:37 am

Good luck on the move, girl!!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Sausage and Spinach PastaMy Profile

4 Brooke @ Running In Heels June 8, 2013 at 6:51 pm

So exciting!! Good luck with the move! And a walk in closet makes it worth it ;)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Friday Favorites: AKA I’m Obsessed With Food and HousesMy Profile

5 Julie @ There and Back Again June 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Congrats on the big move! I went to Richmond for the first time a couple of months ago and it made me really wish I’d spent more time there while I’ve been living on the OBX – it’s a really cool area. Also, I’m rull mad I missed The Shins at the Norva! Bet that was awesome!!
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Daily InspirationMy Profile

6 Kaitlyn June 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Hey girl! Congrats on moving!

I wanted to comment and see if you’d consider doing a post about skin-cancer awareness sometime in the future? I’ve been reading way too many blog posts about people wanting to get tan/tanning/how summer is all about getting tan, etc. It makes my blood boil, and I think you have a pretty powerful voice when it comes to this topic :)

7 Liz @ iheartvegtables June 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm

YAY for Richmond!!! Are you living in Short Pump? (I assume if you’re by the mall?) You should come to the blogger meet up next Sunday night at Chuy’s!
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..My Favorite (Free) Fitness AppMy Profile

8 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples June 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm

So much exciting stuff! Congrats on the car! :) And I say the mall move is a good thing ;) haha
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Exercise May Protect Against Alcohol’s Effect on Cognitive AbilitiesMy Profile

9 Pam S June 18, 2013 at 10:25 am

Congrats on the move! Does the new apartment come with hot guys in your kitchen? I need to move to Richmond! ha

10 Courtney June 20, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Good luck with your move! I live in DC, but am running my first full marathon in Richmond in November, so maybe you’ll have some brunch recommendations for me by then :) And I just checked out Tidal Wheel — y’all should come to DC!
Courtney recently posted..2 quick at home workouts+ an announcementMy Profile

11 Jenna June 20, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Congrats! I just moved to Richmond as well, unfortunately not near the mall though. So far I’m loving it here and can’t wait to explore the city more!

12 Vanilla Shkaeology June 21, 2013 at 7:33 am

Congrates on the move. Good luck ..!!!
Vanilla Shkaeology recently posted..New Vanilla Shakeology ReviewMy Profile

13 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes June 24, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Love the car!

14 Brittany June 30, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I’m so stinking excited to meet you! Let’s plan a date soon.

In terms of things to do in Richmond, here’s a little guide with some of my favorite places. You will LOOOVE Fresca on Addison! :)

Brittany recently posted..The Honeymoon is OverMy Profile

15 William July 25, 2013 at 3:42 am

Nice work, girl!Sounds like a really fun day.Congrats on the new car!

16 Emily July 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm

So excited for the new Tidalwheel! As of now I do spin twice a week at my gym but I am so excited to try something new! As for Richmond, there are so so much things to do! Foodtruck food court is always fun, Hardywood Brewery is also a favorite and there are tons of good spots along Main St. and Cary town… Pearls, Sticky Rice, Carytown Sushi, Stuzzi….alll so good! Good luck with the move!

17 Zoe Crocker September 20, 2013 at 11:11 am

How was the move? Hope you post about it here. :)

18 Gina October 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I named my car Imelda…coz of all the shoes in the trunk.
Gina recently posted..geneME® nutritionMy Profile