To the Rescue

April 10, 2013 · 18 comments

I’m starting to think my extreme lack of time may require some much shorter blog posts. Thanks for hangin’ in there, dears. My life is work and work is my life these days.

So, let’s play catch up. I need to tell you about the exciting part of my Easter.

When I got off work, my parents were in town for the weekend. And as usual, my dad was tinkering around the house and the backyard.

Unfortunately, Chloe found something.

Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.24.50 PM
This little guy’s brother.

Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.24.41 PM

Before anything else could happen, we wrangled the huntress and found the bunny nest in my extremely long grass.

I quickly called the SPCA, wrapped Thumper in a towel (yeah, I named him, so what?), and drove over to put him in their rescue incubation center.

It broke my heart for the bunny who didn’t make it and the mama rabbit who just lost her babies, but I was pretty excited about saving a bunny for Easter. I then drug my dad through the SPCA to look at all the animals. Every time I visit the SPCA, I want to cry of a warmed and broken heart at the same time. It’s a good thing I don’t have an [extra] screw loose, or Chloe would have several siblings.

Speaking of Chloe, I got some nice snuggle time with my pup for Easter.

Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.23.34 PM
After a glorious vegetarian/vegan Melting Pot dinner!

Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.23.44 PM
Which was actually preceded by another feat at the theatre. If you know me well, you know that I’m really down about not having time to perform in local theatre with my new work schedule. So, what did I do for this past show, Born Yesterday? I worked backstage again.

Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.24.26 PM
Screen shot 2013-04-10 at 10.25.25 PM
Someone else tell Gregory he needs to make those glasses and everyday thing. I adore them.

Now you. Catch me up! What’s been going on? How has your Spring kicked off? To all of my blends, I’m so sorry I haven’t had the time to keep up with you all. This is me sending lots of virtual hugs and kisses.

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 11, 2013 at 7:22 am

Aww those sweet little bunnies! Good for you for trying to help them!

I love Melting Pot, but I don’t know how I’d eat there vegan-style! Chocolate + cheese = lots of dairy! Which is fine by me because I’m not vegan! But do they have a special vegan menu??
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Strawberry Cake Mix CookiesMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm

They don’t, so the resident vegan at our table had no cheese. But their dark chocolate is vegan! So, we got the vegetarian platter, extra fruit when the cheese came, and the chocolate! It was delicious.

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

Poor baby bunny! Charlie caught something once (I think it was a chipmunk). He is really prey driven, but once he’s “caught them”, all he wants to do is play with them. Ummm yeah, Mr. Chipmunk couldn’t play anymore. Charlie was nudging him and saying “come on! I want to plaaaay!”. Poor thing (the chipmunk, not my monster).

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 11, 2013 at 3:35 pm

That’s what Chloe acted like, too! Like the poor thing wanted to hang out with her after she treated him like a chew toy. The horrrorrrr. And she was so confused when I put a stop to it.

5 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life April 11, 2013 at 9:06 am

Awww poor bunnies! My cats used to go hunting for them all the time…and unfortunately, they didn’t just try to “play” with them.
On another note, I MISS YOU!! I don’t like this whole us both being so busy all the time thing…I haven’t had Alyssa talk in foreverrrrrrr! BUT, I’m so glad to hear all is going well with the new venture of yours. Not much new with me, besides a quickly growing belly ;)
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Custom Artwork GiveawayMy Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 11, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I KNOW. But I keep checking on you to see how big that belly has gotten. :) Howwww about bringing the little tiger for his first beach trip at the end of summer? You should. You need to. Pretty please.

7 Carly @ Snack Therapy April 11, 2013 at 10:07 am

Oh my god! I can’t believe you actually rescued a bunny! That is the cutest thing ever!
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Coconutty Peanut Chicken with Vegetables (Crockpot Recipe)My Profile

8 Brooke @ Running In Heels April 11, 2013 at 10:55 am

I am so glad you’re back!! I’ve missed your posts but it sounds like you’re so happy so keep doing whatever you’re doing and tell Gregory that those glasses are a requirement!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Beach Body Challenge Day 4My Profile

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm

You’re so sweet. ;) Glad ya missed me!

10 Cassie @RedLetterDaye April 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm

OMG, so cute! I picked out some 50′s style glasses when my boy got new prescriptions and everyone, including e loves them (and calls him Clark Kent). ;)
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..Listen Up (and Get Down)My Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 11, 2013 at 3:30 pm

YEP. That guy got that nickname, too! They rock.

12 Amanda @ Run Principessa April 11, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Such sweet little bunnies. And such a sweet person you are, saving a bunny on Easter.

On a completely different note: SO JEALOUS of the Melting Pot date. I’m drooling just thinking about it, for real.
Amanda @ Run Principessa recently posted..Changing Things UpMy Profile

13 Kaitlyn April 11, 2013 at 6:51 pm

1) Those bunnies are ridiculously adorable, and I don’t know how on earth I would have emotionally handled one of them dying!
2) I’ve missed your posts! But I’m also super excited for you and your new job. You’ve actually inspired me to try a cycle studio. I can’t find a ton near me (DC), but we have one studio called ZenGo that I’m going to go too! Maybe tidal wheel should move up here….just saying….:)

14 Amber K April 11, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Aw, poor bunny! Glad you had a fun Easter otherwise. I wish there was a cycle studio near me, because it looks like a blast!

15 Angela April 12, 2013 at 1:38 am

Those little bunnies are just the cutest!!! Gosh, I want one now.
Angela recently posted..A Friday MemoryMy Profile

16 Liz @ iheartvegtables April 12, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’ve never been to the melting pot! It sounds like you had a fun Easter with your family :)
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: CarbsMy Profile

17 Karla @ myhighonlife April 12, 2013 at 10:55 am

MMM I love the Melting Pot. I’ve never been for the full meal but sometimes all you need is dessert ;)
Karla @ myhighonlife recently posted..Fitness Friday 1My Profile

18 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples April 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I’ve been super busy lately too – I haven’t been able to catch up on my blog reading until now! Congrats on the TidalWheel job!! :) It sounds amazing!! I wish there was one near me! :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Faith and LiesMy Profile