New Eyeballs!

February 15, 2013 · 33 comments

In case you were wondering, my current vision is 20/800.

So basically, I’m blind as a bat.

However, sarting today, that all changes.

I’m finally cashing in on my college graduation present: laser eye surgery!

oTxK-4tiSIxPCsIPLIKjEvRkoS9w9R7OJ3zVMMAaAM0

So I can kick these guys to the curb and no longer have to say that I have 20/800 vision. I’ve had to wear these all week since you’re not allowed contacts for a week leading up to surgery. It’s been rough, especially during physical activity. Court, I don’t know how ya do it.

I’m also a glasses drama queen.

I’m just pretty goshdarn psyched to be able to see right when I wake up… and to not have dry, sticky contacts when I’m tired.

The downside? I can’t sweat for about a week.

The upside? Maybe that means I’ll be productive. But probably not.

HAPPY FRIDAY, ALL. See you later. ;)

1 Danielle D February 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm

That’s awesome you’re getting laser eye surgery! Are you nervous at all?? Well, obviously you’re excited haha. Keep us posted! :)
<3danielle
Danielle D recently posted..LovestruckMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I was definitely a little anxious! But thankfully, all went well. :) I’ll post a recap soon!

3 Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 15, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Okay, you HAVE to fill me in on everything in the procedure and recovery because I am most likely going to have to do this this year and asap. My eyes are revolting against contact lenses lately in a BAD way. And I cannot keep running/working out in glasses. I’m with you! HOw do people do it?
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Random RamblesMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I do not know! But I will surely fill you in soon, my dear. xoxo

5 Angela February 15, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Good luck with the surgery!! Can’t wait to hear about it, I’ve always wondere if it is as awful as it sounds.
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {v-day edition}My Profile

6 laura February 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm

It was the best thing that ever happened to me!!! Not having to take extra contacts and solution on travel, and waking up and seeing!! amazing. But what? The day after I went to a weights class and then the day after that went for my long run. They said nothing about a week?? But the sport goggles you wear at night? hot, my boyfriend loved those. Just be prepared to go through a lot of refreshing drops to keep those suckers hydrated

7 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian February 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Good luck with your surgery! Everyone tells me I should get Lasik too, but I’m way too scared (I’m a total wimp when it comes to stuff like that). My vision is SOO bad. I don’t know what the numbers are, but I can’t see clearly more than a few inches in front of my face without my glasses.
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Yesterday’s WorkoutMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Yep, mine was the same way! Don’t be scared… so far, I’d say it was sooo worth it. I’ll post more details soon.

9 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 15, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I had lasik last year and it changed my life!!! I still think I have to take my contacts out at night sometimes! SO WORTH IT!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Waffles For Breakfast and Fridays Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

10 Liz @ iheartvegtables February 15, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Yay!!! That’ll be so nice! :)
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..Flat Belly FoodsMy Profile

11 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 15, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Good luck with your surgery! Excited to hear what you think… I don’t have *anything* set aside in savings, but I’m pretty blind too so one day when I marry a millionaire I def want to get it done! lol :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Can You Die from a Broken Heart?My Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm

good. plan. ;) recap coming soon.

13 Amber K February 15, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I hope your surgery goes well! I’m way too scared to ever get it done, but thankfully I really only need glasses for driving. I don’t wear anything otherwise.
Amber K recently posted..From Baby to TweenMy Profile

14 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 15, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Oh I’ve always wanted to try that. Let me know how it goes! It kind of freaks me out that you’re awake when it happens.

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I’ll post a full recap/recovery synopsis soon. :)

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 16, 2013 at 8:02 am

Woohoooo!!! I also hate wearing glasses. It’s probably the worst thing ever. And I’m also ridiculously dramatic.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:51 pm

oh, I’m so glad I’m not the only one. ;)

18 Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant February 16, 2013 at 9:18 am

Congrats! You will be so glad you did the surgery! My hubby did it a few years back and he says it was the best thing he’s ever done. I think he should have said marrying ME, but ya know, eyes are important too :)
Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant recently posted..Six Things Saturday: I Run Because I CanMy Profile

19 Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel February 16, 2013 at 10:48 am

whooo! have a safe surgery!! I wish I had the money to do it … my sister got denied cuz her vision was so horrible. :/
Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel recently posted..[2013] 006/365: Safe HavenMy Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:51 pm

oh wow! I’ve never heard of your vision just being too poor for it. she should get a second opinion unless she had a condition in her eyes!

21 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns February 16, 2013 at 12:20 pm

good luck with the surgery!!! i’ve been wanting that for a while, can’t wait to hear how it goes!!!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Friday Letters #5My Profile

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I’ll do a recovery post for you guys so you know how it all turned out. ;)

23 Sarah B. February 16, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Ahhh congrats! As a fellow specs-wearer, I’m genuinely excited for ya. I’m honestly not sure what my vision is, but I don’t think it’s quite as bad as yours. Vision is gonna be your supaaa power soon!
Sarah B. recently posted..The Singleton’s Guide to Enjoying V-DayMy Profile

24 Britt February 16, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Yikes! 20/800? What kind of contact prescription is that? My eyes are terrible too, ut my docs never gave me a 20/# scale. I can’t wait until I can get Lasik on my eyes!
Britt recently posted..Revamping for the New Year!My Profile

25 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm

it’s a little less that -5 as far as contact prescriptions go. bah!

26 fitfitbrittbritt February 16, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Eek! No fun! Hope all went well with your surgery! Enjoy your new sight :)
fitfitbrittbritt recently posted..Catching up!My Profile

27 Britt February 16, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Yikes! 20/800? What kind of contact prescription is that? My eyes are terrible too, but my docs never gave me a 20/# scale. I can’t wait until I can get Lasik on my eyes!

28 Amy @ Living N Learning February 16, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Hope all went well! I miss the days of waking up and being able to see without grabbing glasses or putting contacts in. Don’t think I’ll be getting laser eye surgery though.
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Weekly What? #4My Profile

29 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 17, 2013 at 11:29 am

Congrats! Would love for you to post about your experience. I’m definitely interested in LASIK, I just need the money :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Peanut Butter Sriracha CookiesMy Profile

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I’ll definitely be curious to hear how it went! My husband wanted to get that done a couple of years ago, but they said he couldn’t at the time, because he had bumpy eyeballs or something crazy like that haha! But I know he still wants to get it done. Personally, I’m cool with my contacts and glasses. But I might change my mind in the future!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..33 Weeks Pregnant: My Florida Baby Shower!My Profile

31 Michelle February 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I know the feeling, I’m not sure what my vision is on a 20/### scale, but my contacts are -7.5. So basically driving without contacts or glasses would be a disaster! :) but I cannot wait to get LASIK!! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

32 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 19, 2013 at 9:24 am

Ahhh, your eyes are worse than mine were, you poor thing!

33 Pam S February 20, 2013 at 5:58 am

You should get some non prescription glasses then cause you look so pretty in your glasses pic!!