My Valentine

February 14, 2013 · 32 comments

You guys sure are an intuitive bunch. Or maybe you just caught on to my stealthy (?) ways.

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 11.57.03 AMScreen shot 2013-02-14 at 11.57.17 AM

You smartypants’s were right.

nye2

A month or two ago, there was a slight change to the cast list of my life, if you will.

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 12.04.36 PM

(You like that theatre-themed tie in?)

The studly man you see above is indeed my boyfriend Gregory. I met him last year when we bonded over our love of the thea-tah. He urged me to get back on stage and audition for Gypsy, and from there, we became good friends.

But, ya know what?

I just can’t resist a guy who my dog loves more than she loves me (and that goes both ways).

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 8.27.00 AM
Who sings. Real well (and in style).

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 12.10.22 PM

Who gets along beautifully with my very best friends.

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 12.09.44 PM

Who patiently attempts to teach me to play the guitar.

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 12.15.30 PM

And what girl doesn’t swoon over some real patriotism?

Screen shot 2013-02-14 at 12.09.25 PM

Soon, I was a goner.

So I tricked him into dating me.

XmpzwI_BnWFoJoJPSWNfti08PrkhvnZEztaOdXCqwCc

And I’d say I’m a pretty lucky girl.

So there you have it. I found myself a pretty sweet Valentine.

bday1

Happy Valentine’s Day, everybody. I’m sending you all big hugs and kisses. I hope your day is one that is especially filled with love.

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 14, 2013 at 12:54 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been Team Greg for a year now!! This makes me happy that it’s now “public” :) You deserve a great guy, pretty lady! Love you!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cheap DateMy Profile

2 Alyssa February 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Me too! You know I love this!

3 em @ living & learning February 14, 2013 at 12:58 pm

that is seriously the cutest post i’ve ever read. so happy for you!!! & I too am a sucker for a guy who my dog loves & who loves my dog. so sweet!

4 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm

So happy for you!! Have a great Valentine’s girl xo.

5 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 14, 2013 at 1:28 pm

<3<3<3 Enjoy the day with the new guy!

6 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite February 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Adorbsies! Enjoy your new man!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..Greek Chicken and Light Feta SauceMy Profile

7 Sarah @pickyrunner February 14, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Awww this is such a fabulous introduction to your love life! He sounds like a keeper to me :)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..Real Talk Scary TalkMy Profile

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm

what a sweet post! totally had a feeling he was your main man!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day (a post from Jeff)My Profile

9 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn February 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm

YAY! Happy for you :) )

10 katie February 14, 2013 at 2:34 pm

How sweet! You two look so cute together and YOU deserve a great guy! He seems like he is! Very happy for you! <3
katie recently posted..Love in My Oats!My Profile

11 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 14, 2013 at 2:39 pm

aww! so happy for you! love all the pics ♥ good job girl ;) hope you guys have a great valentine’s day!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Talk Nerdy to Me: Love, Health and ScienceMy Profile

12 Erin (Running Tall0 February 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm

What’s up adorable post!? You guys are super cute together and he seems like a great guy! Have a great Valentine’s Day!
Erin (Running Tall0 recently posted..Things I’m Loving Part 3My Profile

13 Holly February 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Aww, I LOVE this post :) You two are an adorable couple…and I DID notice a little trend on the boy front…was wondering who the lucky guy was!
Happy Valentine’s Day! XO
Holly recently posted..40 Days of No Frozen YogurtMy Profile

14 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats February 14, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yayy! That is so exciting :) I can’t wait to “meet” him more through future posts!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!My Profile

15 Karla @ myhighonlife February 14, 2013 at 3:24 pm

wahoo this is so exciting! so happy for you beautiful. he sure does make you smile. xo <3
Karla @ myhighonlife recently posted..Perfect Weekend GetawayMy Profile

16 Nicole @ Curly Mommy February 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Cuteness. Overload.
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..February Fitness Check-inMy Profile

17 Allison February 14, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Yay! You make a beautiful couple :)

18 Emily R. February 14, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Awww so happy for you! I had a feeling that something was up ;) Happy Valentine’s day to you guys! And you can’t imagine my excitement when I saw my name up there haha (PS- I still want/need some Love Grown oats in my life.. let us know when they are available on Amazon! :) )

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 14, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Well aren’t you two just freaking adorable!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Love YOU!My Profile

20 Angela February 14, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I was kind of wondering when I saw pictures of him too! Too cute. Glad you snagged yourself a good one! :)
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {v-day edition}My Profile

21 Amber K February 14, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Aw so sweet!
Amber K recently posted..From Baby to TweenMy Profile

22 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian February 14, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Aww so sweet! I’m very happy for you, and what a great announcement to have on Valentine’s Day!
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Yesterday’s WorkoutMy Profile

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Awww yay!!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food latelyMy Profile

24 Danielle D February 14, 2013 at 7:06 pm

yay!
Danielle D recently posted..What I Want Wednesday #1My Profile

25 Heather @ Run Eat Play February 14, 2013 at 7:57 pm

So cute! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Valentine’s DayMy Profile

26 Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel February 14, 2013 at 8:27 pm

that’s a cute story! yayy! :) :)

27 Brooke February 14, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Yay!! Excited for you!

28 Corey @ When We Wander February 15, 2013 at 8:54 am

Awwww, so cute!

29 Bailey February 15, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Boom she got a boyfriend, she got a man!! (i really hope you know that song or this could be awkward) so stinking happy for you, ever since i started following your blog i was wondering when prince charming was going to enter stage right! happy late love day!

30 Jamie February 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm

So cute :) ! This warms my heart- I am happy for the both of you!! Hope your eyeballs are doing well.

31 Alyssa February 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Congrats girly! So cute :)

32 Shemeka February 20, 2013 at 9:27 am

*ahem* tricked? bhahahaah he just need the usual Greg time to come around to the idea of what was best for him. I love this and I adore the two of you. glad I could play a very *small* role in this valentine’s story!!!
Shemeka recently posted..studying for the Bar sucksMy Profile