Why…

January 24, 2013 · 23 comments

Why hanging backstage can be even more fun than being onstage:

IMG_5334Elvis heats up my soup for me.

Screen shot 2013-01-24 at 9.31.41 AM

And maybe I’m responsible for Elvis’ eyebrows.

Why I’m effing sore getting my muscle back:

IMG_5367

Why I’m proud of myself:

IMG_5397

Don’t gasp at me. I have never liked the taste of water. Usually, I’m downing Powerade Zero all day.
Lately, I’ve been forcing H20 down, and it could be worse.

Why being a bridesmaid is full of funsies:

Screen shot 2013-01-24 at 11.50.34 AM

Annabelle the bride and I went searching for the perfect bridesmaid dress last weekend.

Midnight blue is her color, but we’re still unsure of the style. I was a big fan of this one.

Why I downed a bag of popcorn last night while seeing “Silver Linings Playbook” (so good) last night:

Screen shot 2013-01-24 at 11.50.19 AM
Since my lunches have been rather large lately, dinners have been pretty tiny. Dinner time has been nutso.

Last night, I opted for a Portabella Fresh Veggiburgers with French Onion Laughing Cow Light, spinach, yellow squash, tomatoes, and assorted things from my pantry on the side.

I’m a snackasaurus rex.

Why I need to make my most fun local friends my roommates:

Screen shot 2013-01-24 at 11.50.02 AM

1 Sarah @pickyrunner January 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE that dress! It’s gorgeous! Reminds me of prom dresses :)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..DC StyleMy Profile

2 Carly @ Snack Therapy January 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Girl, that dress is gorgeous! I kind of wish I could wear gowns every day of my life. And French Onion Laughing Cow?! How have I never seen that in the store?? I’m getting some seriously delicious ideas for those little wedges. Hmmm…
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

WHAA? You haven’t?! I’m pretty sure I got it at Farm Fresh or Harris Teeter. Maybe even Food Lion!

4 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite January 24, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Beautiful dress! I am a big fan of long bridesmaid dresses :) And so jealous you got to see Silver Linings Playbook- can’t wait to see it!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..WIAW: Beta Carotene EditionMy Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

I highly recommend it!

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 24, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Oh man! The snowman in the freezer is hilarious!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..ConfessionsMy Profile

7 cait January 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm

omg the dress is so pretty on you and I love that sandwich you made! It looks super yummy!
cait recently posted..The Gospel TruthMy Profile

8 Emily R. January 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm

That dress is SO pretty!!!!! I’m currently trying to do the ol’ deck of cards workout with my boyfriend right now.. he is not a fan. I bribe him with back scratches, though. :)

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

it’s rough, isn’t it?! the beauty of it is the fact that you can make it as hard or easy as you want, though (as far as pace is concerned). I love that about fitmixer workouts. :)

10 Ali February 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Love your blog! There’s an app for the deck of cards workout. Try Ripdeck, a deck of cards iPhone workout app.

Share with us a custom RipDeck workout and we will feature it and your blog on our In-App News, Facebook and Twitter.

Since you are in theater, a video of you doing a RipDeck workout would be awesome! We could use it on our website and YouTube.

ripdeckapp.com

Like us on Facebook and follow @ripdeck on Twitter

11 Ashley January 24, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I think drinking water is much harder in the winter especially when it’s freeeeeezing out. I’ve been on a black cherry seltzer kick lately. BTW, love the dress!
Ashley recently posted..Back to SchoolMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:25 am

oooh, I’ve been on flavored seltzer benders before; however, they tend to mess with my tummy!

13 Lindsay January 24, 2013 at 4:58 pm

The dress is awesome! The cut and color are perf! Drinking h20 is such a pain, but I tryyy to do it anyway too.

14 Amy @ Living N Learning January 24, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Beautiful dress, and you look beautiful as well! That snow man in the freezer cracks me up!
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday – 1/23/13My Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:23 am

my friend is hysterical. :)

16 Amber K January 24, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Wow, that’s a beautiful dress! I think one of the first bridesmaid dresses I’ve seen that has been super gorgeous.

17 Liz @ iheartvegtables January 24, 2013 at 9:43 pm

That dress looks amazing on you!!
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..Frozen Food FavoritesMy Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 8:23 am

it would look awesome on anyone! :)

19 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 25, 2013 at 8:08 am

your dinner looks amazing!! hahaha what an awesome friend, that snowman is too funny
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Friday Letters #2My Profile

20 Alyssa January 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm

oh you fancy huh

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 25, 2013 at 5:01 pm

almost as fancy as you winning all dose coooonnnntests. ;)

PS I love your rando post today. so much that I was gonna tell you, but it wouldn’t let me comment! wah!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Why…My Profile

22 Danielle D January 25, 2013 at 1:59 pm

THAT DRESS! <333

east-coast-toast.blogspot.com

23 Angela January 28, 2013 at 2:11 am

That dress is so elegant!! I’ve decided now that I need to clean my freezer out so that I can secretly leave my husband a snowman…
Angela recently posted..Blessed.My Profile