Three for Thursday

January 17, 2013 · 33 comments

1. I have been thoroughly enjoying my new Love Grown Foods Hot Oats every morning. I only have the peach flavor left to try, but so far, the Blueberry Banana Walnut is a shining favorite. Deee-freakin’-licious.

LGF

Obviously, the other flavors (Strawberry Raspberry and Apple Cinnamon are the ones I also tried) are also great. It’s just that I had a full-fledged love affair with the blueberry.

So hot and heavy that I didn’t get to snap a photo of it.

HomePage-Image-rev

Dear Hot Oats, why can’t you be sold in a store near me? Why?

2. Fitmixer boot camp started this week, and I am the mayor of struggle city. I thought I was staying in pretty decent post-surgery shape by running and doing a few light core exercises (basically just crunches with my Bender Ball), but holy moly, was the Fitmixer Day 1 test a humbling experience. My numbers were almost cut in half compared to how well I could do the same moves at the end of the last boot camp session.

blog

On the upside, since my distance is way down, my speed isn’t suffering. I just am anxious to get back into total body shape and to be toned again.

My calves are on fire. My back hurts. My chest is sore. Looks like it’s a very good time for this weakling to start boot camp.

3. In my desperate hope for a snow day tomorrow, I’m sharing the following link with you guys, courtesy of weather.com: 25 Dogs in Snow to Melt Your Heart.

I’m going to be wearing my pajamas inside out and hoping for a vision such as this tomorrow morning coupled with a phone call for no school.

Screen shot 2013-01-17 at 4.22.03 PM

Awww, remember when she was that little and could fit in your lap? Memories.

Because she totally doesn’t try to do that now. She knows she’s way too big.

Screen shot 2013-01-17 at 4.24.27 PM

Over and out. Do a snow dance for me.

1 Lindsay January 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Oatmeal is my go-to every morning. I need to try those Hot Oats sometime. And your pup is the cutest!
Lindsay recently posted..stuff that made me feel cool on Wednesday.My Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:37 am

Chloe is blushing. ;)

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 17, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I’ll be hoping for snow for you but not for me! ;) They were saying we could get a few sprinklings here in Atlanta, but this city is SO not equipped for snow! And I actually don’t want a snow day tomorrow because then we’ll just have to make it up in February!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bourbon Street ChickenMy Profile

4 janetha January 17, 2013 at 5:20 pm

oh. snow dogs. i needed that.
janetha recently posted..things that make you go hmmm…My Profile

5 Emily R. January 17, 2013 at 5:27 pm

HOWWWW do I get some of those oats (and granola?!) PS- I’ve been noticing a pattern of photos with the above guy… ;) Chloe’s face in that pic makes me laugh, bright flash!

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 11:45 am

What guy? A pattern? What is this you speak of…? ;)

7 Sarah @pickyrunner January 17, 2013 at 6:28 pm

hahah I’ll wear my pj’s inside out for you tonight ;) That always works!
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..You Look GoodMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:38 am

Can I just mention that certain people had never heard of the jammies-inside-out trick until yesterday?! Is this a northern thing, or what?

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 17, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Alyssa – forget the hot oats, who’s this hot guy that you keep posting pictures of on the blog? Could he possibly be a manfriend? ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Four (Thousand) DaysMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 11:46 am

Oh, that guy? He’s just some guy I know………… ;)

11 Angela @ Health's Angel January 17, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I’m probably going to have to bite the bullet soon and order some Love Grown online. I want those oats! There’s no chance of seeing them around here anytime soon. I can’t even find the granola! Hope you get your snow day.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..“Taste the Rainbow”My Profile

12 Amy @ Living N Learning January 17, 2013 at 8:17 pm

You probably can’t see me but I’m doing a snow dance for you right now. Luckily you work where if school is canceled you don’t work. Things don’t work like that for me so I have to risk my life to get to work when everyone else has snow days. Enjoy it if you get one!
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday – 1/16/13My Profile

13 Amber K January 17, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I’m trying to do the best snow dance I know. Which is just me sitting in my chair shaking side to side and saying “snooooow, snoooooooow.” Don’t think that’ll help though…. Hmm.
Amber K recently posted..Ahem, It’s WednesdayMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

hahaha.. thank you for that visual. ;)

15 Amber K January 18, 2013 at 1:34 pm

lol I do what I can!
Amber K recently posted..Try New ThingsMy Profile

16 Angela January 18, 2013 at 2:32 am

I need to get me some love grown granola! It is all the hype. :) I will send some snow your way! :)
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {take two}My Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:37 am

You send me snow, I’ll send you Love Grown Foods product. ;)

18 Pam S January 18, 2013 at 3:58 am

Awesome mile times, does that not feel like you’re actually just sprinting? I don’t think I could go that fast for just 1 mile, need to kick my speed training into gear!

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:36 am

That’s a comfortable speed for me now, but I honestly think it’s because I am running such short, fast distances. If I upped my mileage again, I’m sure my splits would be looking a lot different.

20 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) January 18, 2013 at 7:51 am

We totally got gypped with the snow! Bummer. I was looking forward to an excuse to stay in jammies all day ;)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Friday FactsMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

Uggghh, me too! It was so hard to get out of bed this morning.

22 Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 18, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I still need to try the Love Grown oats!

23 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite January 19, 2013 at 10:22 am

Guuuurrrrrllll you can’t be too out of shape if you’re running 7:34 splits! Super impressive for post-surgery runs!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..Fave Five FridayMy Profile

24 Julie January 19, 2013 at 11:27 am

Boot camp is kicking my butt too! Thanks again for answering my questions awhile back – so far I am LOVING it! Definitely a butt kicker and very humbling experience for me too…my whole body has been on fire this week but I’m looking forward to toning up. Thanks again for posting about fit mixer and motivating me to join.

25 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Of course! I’m so happy you’re loving it so far! And always let me know if you have any questions. :)

26 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian January 20, 2013 at 10:14 am

I hope you got your snow day! I wish I had the kind of job that closes for snow (or for any reason), but no matter what’s going on we’re always at least expected to log on and work from home.
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..His and Hers Homemade Burrito BowlsMy Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Ah, but you DO get to work in your pajamas, yes? ;) I am definitely jealous of that!

28 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 21, 2013 at 8:33 am

PLEASE tell me you’re coming to Blend!!

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 22, 2013 at 2:20 pm

UGGHH, I wish, Linds! traveling to the West Coast is too much for me right now, not to mention $$$$$. :’( Can we do an east coast Blend next? SAY YES.

30 Sarah B. January 21, 2013 at 11:03 am

Ahhh, oatmeal. I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. I eat it every single morning and could honestly eat it for lunch and dinner! Sometimes I do…the mix-ins give it so much opportunity. Oatmeal with PB and banana? Sold.
Sarah B. recently posted..Warning: YOLOing EncouragedMy Profile

31 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 22, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I’ve been adding cereal on top some days. GOIN’ CRAZY, I tell ya.

32 Karla @myhighonlife January 23, 2013 at 10:14 am

I want to try these oats so bad! I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I’m really hoping all the hard work I’ve put months into in the weight room don’t dwindle too quickly!

Some day I want to try the Best Body Bootcamp. I see so many raving reviews about it. There’s so many fitness thing I want to try! Not enough time.
Karla @myhighonlife recently posted..A Weekend For the BooksMy Profile