My Dog is Extra Special [Video]

January 31, 2013 · 30 comments

Some pets are special.

My dog, Chloe? She is *extra* special.

Screen shot 2013-01-31 at 9.47.08 AM

The following video here (I’m having trouble embedding today… what’s goin’ on, YouTube?) exhibits how Chloe walks across my wood floors. She is terrified of specific spots, namely, the middle of the entrance to my living room.

*Also, don’t be alarmed by the seemingly dead animal in the middle of the floor. That used to be Muskrat Baby, Chloe’s first toy, but she ripped off all the extremities and ate all the stuffing. The body/tail that is left is still her favorite, and I can’t bring myself to throw Muskrat Carcass away.

And before you ask, I’ve tried grippy socks. It was a big fail.

1 Cass January 31, 2013 at 10:42 am

my dog does this too! kinda thought it was because of the dark wood floors, like maybe he couldn’t see or something…but now i’m thinking it’s just a weird dog thing. glad to know it’s not just him.

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 1, 2013 at 8:15 am

I originally thought it was because Chloe slipped on the floors or something and has been scared ever since. For real, she was fine when we first re-did the floors. This started maybe three months later!

3 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 31, 2013 at 11:01 am

hahaha that is so adorable! I have never seen a dog do that before!

4 jaclyn January 31, 2013 at 11:08 am

That video is hilarious!

My dog hates our wood floors. We call the big open wood spaces “lava” and sometimes have to put blankets down to get him from one piece of carpet to another.

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 1, 2013 at 8:13 am

yes! we just play the lava game every day. ;)

6 katie January 31, 2013 at 11:12 am

Haha! So cute your pup is for sure! I love animal videos!
katie recently posted..Super SaladMy Profile

7 Carly @ Snack Therapy January 31, 2013 at 11:26 am

Bahahahaha! Total hilariousness!
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Three on ThursdayMy Profile

8 anna January 31, 2013 at 11:42 am

I am so confused?! And laughing so hard.

9 Lindsay January 31, 2013 at 11:44 am

Oh my gosh!! That’s so cute! :)
Lindsay recently posted..from studio shoots to smoothies.My Profile

10 Heather (Heather's Dish) January 31, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I am literally crying from laughing so hard! The best part? My HUGE dog does the same thing! He’s TERRIFIED of certain spots in the floor. In our first house that had stairs he would stand on the top step and tap his toenails on the floor below for like 30 minutes before he would try to leap over it into the kitchen.

Awesome.
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Apple Pecan Breakfast CookiesMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 1, 2013 at 8:12 am

okay, I’m reallly glad Chloe is not the only one who does this. :)

12 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! January 31, 2013 at 12:13 pm

haha ok the song just maaaaakes it! oh chloe!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..An Alaskan Girl’s [irrational] Thoughts On A Southern StormMy Profile

13 Erin (Running Tall) January 31, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Bahahahahahahah Chloe is so awesome! I’ve never seen a dog do this before! Also, nice music choice.
Erin (Running Tall) recently posted..Half Marathon Training Plan – Take Three!My Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 1, 2013 at 8:13 am

thank you. ;) we sing it almost every time she does it, so it seemed only appropriate.

15 Sarah @pickyrunner January 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm

OH MY GOSH she is so cute!!!! I am practically rolling from laughter ;)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals RevealMy Profile

16 Ashley @ Life and Fitness January 31, 2013 at 12:45 pm

HAHAHAH too adorable!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Cookie TimeMy Profile

17 Brooke @ Running In Heels January 31, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Hahahh.. omg Chloe is too funny!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..In The Words of Duck Dynasty & The Best Roasted Asparagus Recipe EverMy Profile

18 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 31, 2013 at 3:23 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg that’s so fantastic
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

19 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn January 31, 2013 at 8:50 pm

That’s hysterical! I’ve never seen a dog do that before!!! lol
Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn recently posted..One month down (Goals Review)My Profile

20 Amber K January 31, 2013 at 9:01 pm

lol, that’s awesome!

21 Amy @ Living N Learning January 31, 2013 at 10:58 pm

OMG! I actually giggled as I watched the video. I love the funny things dogs to!

Bo works off dinner as he eats. He will grab a piece of food and then walk around the table as he eats it. Or he eats and then makes a lap. And he’s doing this while my family is eating dinner.
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Non-Scale Victories #2: Pepsi Next, you are my friend!My Profile

22 Amy @ Living N Learning January 31, 2013 at 10:59 pm

*I love the funny things dogs DO! (not to) :)

23 Angela February 1, 2013 at 1:16 am

So funny!!! I’ve never seen a dog do that before!
Angela recently posted..Throwback Thursday {take four}My Profile

24 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 1, 2013 at 2:35 am

LOL so adorable!! this is making my miss my dog, gabriella (aka. baby puffin!!) she’s staying with my parents temporarily :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Christians in Super Bowl XLVIIMy Profile

25 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 1, 2013 at 8:11 am

Awww, Chloe goes to my parents a lot, too. I know what it’s like!

26 em @ living & learning February 1, 2013 at 9:20 am

hahaha that is SO funny. dogs truly are one of a kind – i wish she could talk & tell us what the issue is, hahaha!
em @ living & learning recently posted..MIMMMy Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 4, 2013 at 9:50 am

me too, man!

28 Jessie February 1, 2013 at 11:28 am

haha that is hilarious!! I’ve said the same thing about the grippy socks for our dog too!! He peels out on the wood floor all the time!

29 Sarah OUaL February 1, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Oh my word seriously what the heck? Weirdo.

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 4, 2013 at 9:45 am

her middle name should be “weirdo.”