I’m 25 Today

January 8, 2013 · 64 comments

…Which means a number of things.

IMG_7381

1. I’ve officially been on this earth a quarter of a century. Which means before today 25 years ago, Elvis had one less birthday buddy, my mother’s, father’s, and siblings’ lives were a little easier, and the world was a whole lot quieter.

2. My car insurance rates would go down… if it weren’t for the fact that I was in a car accident last night. Haaaappy freakin’ birthday eve!

Screen shot 2013-01-08 at 12.38.59 PM

3. My frontal lobe is officially myelinated. My brain just stopped developing. Oh no.

Screen shot 2013-01-08 at 12.42.22 PM

She meant lobe. I’m so lucky to have a physiologist in my life.

4. The year has arrived in which I will…

• have 20/20 vision. Yes, I’m finally cashing in on my laser eye surgery graduation present three years later. I don’t know if I can put my excitement into words. Only a month and a week left of wearing contacts!
  • act in my first non-musical. Whaaa? 10 days from now, I will be playing the Countess on stage with 10 very talented actors in Picasso at the Lapin Agile at The Little Theatre of Norfolk.

IMG_5238(Do you recognize the chica on the poster? ‘Cause you should.)

• remain territorial over Sean as I watch him hand out roses to all these dingbats. REALLY, ABC? Really?
  • help one of my dear friends plan her big fat wedding. ;)
  • officially be able to say I think I know how to rock a curl. I know I’ve been promising a tutorial once I get to be a pro, and I think I’m just about there.

IMG_5307

• continue to put my track kids through the ringer… beginning tomorrow.

Screen shot 2013-01-08 at 12.44.46 PM

Guess who doesn’t want to have to run 3 miles today?

5. I feel very, very blessed and loved today. Thank you to all of you who have made my day (and any other day, for that matter) special for me. xoxo

1 Tracy January 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Happy Birthday! Il be gladly joining the “25” wagon soon enough. Have a brillant day! :)

2 Lauren January 8, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Happy birthday!!!! :) Sorry about the car accident, that blows :( but at least you got it out of the way early in the year lol

p.s. and I feel the same way about Sean…these ladies are seriously the best they could come up with?!

3 Lindsay @ Typically Late January 8, 2013 at 1:14 pm

It’s my birthday, too! How about that :) Happy birthday to us, and Elvis, and David Bowie, too. Have a wonderful day!
Lindsay @ Typically Late recently posted..Crockpot Split Pea & Ham SoupMy Profile

4 Kimi B January 8, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Happy Birthday girl!! :)

5 Sarah @pickyrunner January 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Happy birthday! The car accident isn’t exactly the greatest way to start out a new year but I know you’ll make up for it today with lots of fun :)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..Anxiety.My Profile

6 Brittany | Life of a Bama Girl January 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope it is great!!!
Brittany | Life of a Bama Girl recently posted..Goals | 2013My Profile

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Happy Birthday!!

And in regards to that car accident…same thing happened to me the night before my 25th birthday. Some a-hole rear-ended me right in front of my apartment. My insurance only went down when I moved from LA back to the Chicago ‘burbs.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..PricelessMy Profile

8 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 8, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry about the car accident:(
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..UpdatesMy Profile

9 Angela @ Health's Angel January 8, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Happy birthday, Alyssa! No fun about the car, but the hair looks great! :)

And that cupcake is super adorable.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..“Taste the Rainbow”My Profile

10 christina January 8, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Happy Birthday my beautiful friend! XO

11 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm

happy birthday!! sorry about your car accident :(
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Cranberry, Blueberry Yogurt BreadMy Profile

12 Julia January 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry about your car accident, I did something similar right before I turned 25.
Julia recently posted..My First Experiences with KaleMy Profile

13 Nicole @ Curly Mommy January 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Haaaaaaappy Birthday! Car accidents are the pits, but you get birthday cake today so I’m gonna say it all evens out.
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..Motivation Monday- Buffalo Marathon PlanMy Profile

14 janetha January 8, 2013 at 2:12 pm

happy birthday, hot stuff.
janetha recently posted..from pin to post: crock pot cauliflower sweet potato bisque.My Profile

15 Darrecia January 8, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Happy 25th birthday!!!! Enjoy!

16 Angela January 8, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Happy birthday girl!!! I’m just a couple weeks behind you.
Angela recently posted..What I’m Loving Right NowMy Profile

17 Kaitlyn January 8, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Haaaaaappy Birthday!!! Wishing you a year where Sean quits the bachelorette, moves to VA beach, and finds YOU.

Enjoy every minute of your day!

18 Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee January 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Happy Birthday! Hope it’s a great one :)
Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee recently posted..Weekend in NYCMy Profile

19 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Happy happy birthday, Alyssa!! Have a fantastic year of being 25 – it’s been one of my favorite years so far :)
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Homemade Chocolate + Peanut Butter GranolaMy Profile

20 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 8, 2013 at 2:56 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!!! I hope the car accident wasn’t too bad and doesn’t cause too much stress. And I certainly hope you have a GREAT rest of your birthday and 25th year.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Reward YourselfMy Profile

21 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian January 8, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Happy birthday! And that really sucks about the car accident. But it sounds like you’re really living it up and that your 25th year will be great!
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Ice, Ice BabyMy Profile

22 Whitney January 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I am a new reader and just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! :) I enjoyed reading through your blog and plan to continue reading! YAY!

23 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats January 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Happy birthdayyyy!! Have a great year and so sorry to hear about your car :(
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Skinny Homestyle Chicken Noodle SoupMy Profile

24 Ali January 8, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Happy birthday lady!

25 Emily January 8, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Happy 25th Birthday! Make it a great one:)

p.s. I thought your cake said “Happy Birthday, Coach HATER!” I thought it validated you’re “put the track team through the ringer” sentiment haha.

26 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 8, 2013 at 4:02 pm

happy birthday alyssa!! so jealous of your lasik!

27 Katie @ A Full Plate January 8, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Happy birthday! So funny about the frontal lobe…I never knew that!
Katie @ A Full Plate recently posted..Welcome 2013!My Profile

28 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife January 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Happy Birthdayyyy!

29 cait January 8, 2013 at 7:43 pm

happy birthday pretty girl :)

30 Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel January 8, 2013 at 7:53 pm

happy birthday girlie!!

I have a question! How did you get into theater? I wanted to look into it but it seems you have to have a background in it? Is there other ways to get into it? Thanks!
Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel recently posted..Talking To MyselfMy Profile

31 Amber K January 8, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Happy Birthday! Sorry about the car accident though :(

I have never watched the bachelor and I was only tempted to this time because I went to high school with one of the girls. I actually didn’t find out until this morning. Just can’t seem to muster desire to watch though!
Amber K recently posted..Boring : It’s a CityMy Profile

32 tiffany January 8, 2013 at 8:02 pm

happy bday!!

HAIR CURLING TUTORIAL PLZZZZZZ. KTHANKSBYE

33 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 8, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Happy Birthday! And Yay for Lasik! Best decision ever!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Food NoteMy Profile

34 Sarah B. January 8, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Happy birthday, girl!! STILL working on perfecting curls! I use a curling wand, which helps, but I’m still truckin’ away at it. Some day…some day…
Sarah B. recently posted..Play-by-Play of My Thoughts During a Fitness ClassMy Profile

35 em @ living & learning January 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm

so i kept thinking i’d see you get out of a limo last night, i mean what better birthday present could you have asked for? haha – but for real – HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE. I hope you had a fabulous day.
& Also, pleaseeeee tell me I will find some more hilarious post-bachelor show thoughts appear again soon on your ole’ blog. I loved them last season. HERE’S TO 25 MORE YEARS (: (: (:
em @ living & learning recently posted..Marvelous Monday Doings.My Profile

36 Nicole January 8, 2013 at 11:26 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Better you than me, i’ll be there in another couple of months. I was so focused on the quarter of a century bit but now that you’ve mention that my brain’s all finished!! uhoh :P :P

37 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! January 9, 2013 at 1:31 am

Wow, it seems like a lot of people share this date of birth – it’s my birthday too! Jan. 8th must be a birthday for awesome people.

Happy birthday, lady – stay classy.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Not So ResolutionaryMy Profile

38 Katie January 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

THE POSTER LOOKS SO GOOD…but that’s because you look so good. Sorry I continually sound like a mega creep on your blog.

39 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 9, 2013 at 11:05 am

hope you had a great birthdya!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Running Update!!My Profile

40 Sami January 9, 2013 at 11:28 am

happy birthday, pretty lady! :)
Sami recently posted..Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.My Profile

41 Meg January 10, 2013 at 9:23 am

Hi,
I think your hair looks great, but here’s a tip for you from someone who has been having the curl fight for years! If you use a large barrel ( I like 1.5) curling iron and you take a section of hair and start curling from the top and keep rolling down (making sure the ends are smooth) you will get the more spiral look, also if you roll towards your face, your curls will last longer. Conair makes an excellent curling iron…if they stop making it I will have to cut my hair short!