Gaining Cool Points

January 29, 2013 · 10 comments

If you’ve been an LOB reader for a while, you’re well aware I’m late on the 24 train.

I may have been late to fall in love with the television show, but it didn’t make me fall any less hard. I quickly became 24 obsessed. My dad has a “Jack Bauer for President” shirt. I want one, and I don’t care how dated it is.

For over a year now, I’ve been catching up on season after season, and since I now have Netflix, this process has been expedited.

I’m actually about to finish 24 Season 7. Just in time for Walking Dead to come back on the air, right?

Anyway, this past Saturday morning, I was laying on my couch watching 24 Season 7 when my instagram feed silently pops up on my iPhone.

I gasped, freaking out everyone in the room.

And then I took a screen shot for proof.

kiefer

Here I am, watching Jack Bauer fight terrorists on a typical Saturday morning…

Screen shot 2013-01-29 at 10.03.43 AM

As Kiefer Sutherland decides to sign up for Instagram and search #jackbauerforpresident. Which had to be the case, since my photo was from about 48 weeks ago, according to my feed.

And don’t ask me if it’s really him, because I checked. And it is.

Kiefer and I are now besties.

Which I proceeded to tell everyone on Instragram, because I thought this was the coolest thing on earth.

Screen shot 2013-01-29 at 10.03.49 AM

And then he liked THAT photo.

So, yeah. Besties.

[Important side note: my maternal grandmother's last name was Sutherland. Mom, can we double-check that family tree?]

I think I just gained like 500 cool points.

That number would be higher, but since I’m telling you all about this with the maturity of a 13 year old, it’s only 500.

1 christina January 29, 2013 at 10:39 am

i can’t believe he liked your photo. that is amazing.

2 Erin (Running Tall0 January 29, 2013 at 10:49 am

Well this is freaking amazing! Major B.A. cool points for you!
Erin (Running Tall0 recently posted..2013 Goals – PersonalMy Profile

3 Carly @ Snack Therapy January 29, 2013 at 11:21 am

Okay, I don’t watch 24, but this is so awesome! You know how some people totally don’t get star struck and just view celebrities as normal people? I’m so not like that. I feel like anybody famous is super super extra cool and I want to be their BFF.
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Mediterranean Quinoa SaladMy Profile

4 Trisha January 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I think I might have peed my pants if Kiefer liked anything on my Instagram. But if it were a photo of him, it would most definitely be from his bestmovieever, The Lost Boys. :)
Trisha recently posted..The Perfect MixMy Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm

goshdarnit, I still haven’t seen that!

6 Sarah @pickyrunner January 29, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Wait that is amazing! I’d be jumping up and down like a little girl haha
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..I’m bad at “firsts”My Profile

7 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite January 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I’ve never seen 24, but that is seriously awesome! You’re totally famous now. ;)
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..MIMM: Kickin’ Cowboy PizzaMy Profile

8 Katherine @ the kats meow January 29, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I randomly started watching 24 this past weekend and am absolutely obsessed. It is just SO good!!
Katherine @ the kats meow recently posted..Weekend RoundupMy Profile

9 Angela January 30, 2013 at 1:43 am

I have not jumped on the 24 wagon yet… But I think that’s cool regardless. I think this makes you close to famous yourself?!
Angela recently posted..The Bachelor [a recap]My Profile

10 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns January 30, 2013 at 7:38 am

i don’t watch 24, but that is beyond awesome!! congrats :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..I Suck At Being SickMy Profile