Guys, guess what? It’s cold out.
Know how I know? From the 67 people posting about it on my news feed.
Right? I’m so enlightened. Thank God for Facebook.
Anyway, is it just me, or does this cold weather + dry heat = itchy, itchy skin?
Seriously. I have bruises on my legs from trying to scratch them while wearing pants. It’s not a pretty picture over here. I’m a bit of a mess.
I was trying to figure out how to remedy the situation short of living in a tub of vaseline when I realized I was completely out of body scrub. Wah!
Well, I put my DIY skills to the test. I knew there had to be a way to quickly whip something up to scrub my skin and save some money.
Honestly, it’s so easy. It took me less than 10 minutes total, and I use this stuff every other day. I’m also pretty proud of myself for saving dolla billz and reusing a bottle. SO GREEN.
Homemade Body Scrub
- empty lotion bottle (ideally with 4-5 tbsp of lotion remaining in bottle)
- sugar (I used vegan cane sugar)
- vegetable oil (any will do; I used corn oil, but I’d actually recommend olive oil)
- coconut oil (Trader Joe’s has a winner)
- Funnel 1/4 cup vegetable oil into almost empty lotion bottle
- Follow with 1/3 cup sugar into the lotion/oil mix
- Top off mixture with 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Shake well. If you have a straw, it can help churn up layers to make them even
I keep the bottle in my shower. My recommendation would be to scrub in the shower, following it up with a thorough lotion session.
Now, hop to it. I want to hear about how silky, smooth, and moisturized your skin feels in this outrageous cold.