On Repeat: The Lumineers & Swear and Shake in Concert

December 19, 2012 · 7 comments

I know I mentioned the fact that I’d be attending The Lumineers concert at the Norva this week.

To put it plainly, it. was. awesome.

I love The Lumineers, and I was recently introduced to the Ambassadors pretty recently, as well. I was anticipating loving the performances by both of these bands, but I knew nothing about Swear and Shake, the band performing second, prior to the concert.

I’ve found a new love.

swearandshake

Sorry. I know my iPhone pictures of this concert leave a lot to be desired.

If you like The Lumineers, Swear and Shake is definitely worth checking out. My personal favorite original song of theirs, Marbles, was on repeat the entire day following the concert. Check it out in the video below:

And more captures from the night:

ambassadors
The Ambassadors. My favorite song of theirs is Unconsolable, but you may have also heard Listost before.

lumin7

And The Lumineers. Sigh.

lumin6

lumin5

After the encore of the show, The Lumineers had the crowd on the floor part for them to stand on a platform and perform another song. It was one of the coolest concert experiences I’ve had. I was mesmerized.

lumin2

lumin1

To conclude, a wonderful new untitled song by the Lumineers, which was a part of their set list at the concert I attended. I CANNOT stop singing this. I can’t. Don’t try and make me.

1 christina December 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm

So fun. I love The Lumineers. Their new(ish) album is really good.
christina recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday 12.19.12My Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 19, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Agreed! I’ve kind of killed it by now, and I’m readyreadyready for the new one. Now.

3 Sarah December 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ahh I almost got to see them in concert but they came into my school’s town the day after I left. Looks like fun though!
Sarah recently posted..A day in the life and what do you eat when you’re home?My Profile

4 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I loveee the Lumineers. Lucky!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Satisfy my CravingMy Profile

5 Pia Capra December 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I LOVEEEE the Lumineers too!!! I got to see them last night in Baltimore because they opened for DMB. I think I fell in love with them more, and her voice is absolutely amazing! I love that they let her sing a lot more in this song. Thanks for posting the video, I’ve been looking for it all day!

6 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More December 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm

The Lumineers! One of my favorite new groups. Cannot get enough of their music!
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Christmas Catch UpMy Profile

7 Brooke December 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Looks like so much fun!! Jealous!
Brooke recently posted..Christmas Calorie Torcher Full Body Treadmill WorkoutMy Profile