Crazy or Awesome?

December 7, 2012 · 8 comments

Is it crazy or awesome I just made “tall blonde girl” my ringtone? Or just weird?

Don’t answer that. Months after discovering the video, it’s still hilarious to me.

Is it crazy or awesome to run the Virginia Beach Surf n Santa 10 mile race tomorrow even though I have some sort of bronchitis/upper respiratory infection and am on day 3 of antibiotics? Tomorrow marks one more month until I turn a quarter century old, and I’ve gotta have one last race in my age bracket. Sick or not. I’ll be running with Team JWFNS again, so at least I’ll have some buddies around to pick me up if I keel over.

Last year’s Surf n Santa costume called for red lipstick. I won’t make that mistake ever again.

It may be an interesting race. Prayers would be appreciated (I’m half-joking for all you worriers out there. I’ll be fine, and if I felt terrible that morning, I wouldn’t run the race).

Is it crazy or awesome to accept a role in another play directly after finishing a musical?

My exciting news I neglected to fill you all in on? I was cast in my first non-musical play at The Little Theatre of Norfolk. I am pretty excited to be playing The Countess in Picasso at the Lapin Agile, opening January 18. It’s a one-act comedy by Steve Martin. Look ‘er up. It’s a good one. I might get to wear a wig, and I might have an accent.

Two thumbs way up for theatre and all that it has added to my life. Obviously, I just can’t get enough. I also like being overscheduled.

This weekend, though, I have decided, will be happy and stress-free. I have some R&R planned, a race to run, and a Christmas party to attend, and my friend Lisa-Marie is back in town. Yahoo!

Happy Friday, all. Do a happy dance for me.

1 Michelle December 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I went to college with Pat- glad his hilariousness is spreading to people who don’t even know him.

2 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More December 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Good luck! Will you be running in costume?
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Music Moves MeMy Profile

3 Amber K December 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Wow, I wish I lived closer so I could see all of these amazing productions. I would take it as a huge compliment that you are so good to be in so many things. Awesome!
Amber K recently posted..Homemade CupcakesMy Profile

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Good luck! Hope you feel better!

5 Noel December 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I live right around the corner from the Little Theatre of Norfolk! How exciting! I’m volunteering at Surf n Santa tomorrow because I’m unable to run it. Have a great race…if you feel up for it. I ran it last year with horrible IT band pain. Still one of my favorites.

6 Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters December 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Somewhat crazy to run the 10 miler tomorrow, but then again, I was on antibiotics for a bad cough the day before I ran a Turkey Trot 10K! Just make sure you have plenty of water with you :)
Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..We Built A HouseMy Profile

7 Brooke December 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I love that that’s your ringtone! And if you think you can run the race, more power to you!! You go girl :)
Brooke recently posted..OutdoorsyMy Profile

8 Sarah (Shh...Fit Happens) December 10, 2012 at 11:01 am

Ha, never heard that song before, funny! I heard the VA Beach can be a cold one, hope it went well!!
Sarah (Shh…Fit Happens) recently posted..What exactly is Tabata?My Profile