Brand Name Workout Clothes at Half the Price

December 6, 2012 · 14 comments

Is it just me, or do the sight of quality workout clothes at a good price make you drool?

That entire outfit is worth over $100. It cost me $49.95.

But what about the idea of completing a style profile and paying only $49.95 (click here for 20% off) for a quality brand active wear top and bottom to be delivered to your door each month? MORE drool.

I’m kind of amazed by pv.body, the company behind this idea.

(I hope you appreciate that photo, by the way. Taken shortly after waking up on a Saturday morning, obviously, hair taming and makeup were beyond the realm of possibilities. I had a run to get to.)

Yeah. Seriously. These brands are top notch: Lululemon, Nux, American Apparel, Nike, Lorna Jane, Adidas, etc. Doesn’t the idea of quality Lululemon top and bottom for under $50 sound ludicrous?

Each box shipped to your door (for free) has a retail value of over $100. Obviously, you’re getting much more than you pay for. To see examples of sample boxes, click “SAMPLE BOXES” at the top of the pv.body website.

And check out the style profile. They ask some basic and in-depth questions about your style, your sizing, and how you stay active along with what kinds of clothes you prefer.

Those above are just a few highlights. I was pretty impressed by all the questions pv.body asked to ensure I got a box tailored to what I like and wear most.

And that, I did.

A brightly-colored Nux tank top, just as I said I liked…

And a neutral-colored bottom from American Apparel

I have been wanting some long running leggings (all I really have are my black Lulu Wunder Under crops), and I’ve been really wanting gray ones. I was doing skips and hops all over my house when I saw the Nux tank top and American Apparel leggings in my package. And both fit me like a glove. THEY KNOW ME.

Long story short?

You pay this company a $49.95 subscription. Each month, they send you the type of active wear you like. Since your box is worth over $100, you’re paying less than half what the clothes are worth.

And if you sign up now using my link, you get 20% off. :)

Genius, pv.body, genius.

I’ll catch you guys later. I’ll be sitting on my doorstep anxiously awaiting my next pv.body box.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 6, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love PV Body, too! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Recent EatsMy Profile

2 Heather (Heather's Dish) December 6, 2012 at 11:15 am

Um, LOVE this. Maybe a good Christmas gift idea for the hubby to get me ;)
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Homemade White Chocolate MochaMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 6, 2012 at 12:34 pm

that’s what so many of my girlfriends are asking of their men for Christmas! :) it’s a great idea.

4 Sarah December 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I signed up earlier this week and I am SOOOO excited to get my package :) I think it’s such a cool idea and you get really high quality running clothes for a better price. Hard to beat that!
Sarah recently posted..A mash-up sorta dayMy Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm

me too, Sarah! I can’t get over how much money I’m actually saving by signing up. it sounds hokey, but it’s true. :)

6 Emily R. December 6, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I love this!!

PS- Sean’s bachelorette’s are listed on ABC’s website… CAN’T. WAIT.

7 jenq December 6, 2012 at 8:12 pm

hey there..used to love your site but i was wondering if going forward you will only be posting compensated and/or affiliated paid links in your posts? Also, will you be up front about what you are being paid on? ie, all pv body links have your affiliate in it though the last one only says its your link?

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Hi Jenq, I do not plan to only post compensated/affiliated paid links in my posts moving forward. As I’m sure you can tell, I have a lot less time for blogging these days, and therefore, have fewer posts to put up in general. If you (or anyone else!) have specific content of mine you would like to see, please, by all means, let me know. My limited blogging time mixed with a busy schedule has left me with little inspiration.

I will say I carefully choose which companies I partner with (such as fitmixer and pv.body) and turn down many so my site isn’t completely bogged down with offers and promotions. I only share with my readers what I truly do love and really think you will *also* love. And if only mentioning that the pv.body link was mine once wasn’t enough, I apologize. :)

Bottom line? I’m a busy girl, and I post when I have the chance/when I feel like I have something worthwhile to say. It’s not going to be all sponsored content, and I’d love more feedback about what you do want to see here.

9 Randilea @ Life As I Bake It December 7, 2012 at 1:02 am

What?! This is awesome! I so want to try it. I’m just worried about things not fitting quite right because I can be so picky sometimes.
Randilea @ Life As I Bake It recently posted..New York Times Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 7, 2012 at 10:10 am

I was a little worried about that, too, to be honest… and with my small frame and long limbs, I generally have a hard time getting things to fit right, especially ordering online. I’ve gotta say though, I think the nicer brands are more forgiving. Everything I received fits perfectly, and I’ve heard returns/exchanges are super easy. :)

11 Alieh December 7, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I hope you don’t take this as me being rude, but there’s NO way you’re medium, is there? You’re TINY and I wear a medium and I’m not tiny and now I’m worries I’m squeezing myself into too-small clothes :P

12 Alyssa December 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Great company with AWESOME clothing! I get just as excited as you, Alyssa :)
Alyssa recently posted..Gift Guide for the Fitness LoverMy Profile

13 Jenn December 8, 2012 at 9:41 am

OMG!!! Just signed up and I’m so excited! Such an awesome idea! Thanks for posting!