1. Vegan banana bread = my new jam. I’ve made it once with walnuts and once with chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips obviously win. Always. Step aside, walnuts.
2. I have been pretty fortunate lately with the rockin’ artists visiting my area for great concerts. Last week, I went to see Fun., Imagine Dragons, Of Mice and Men, and a few other bands in Norfolk…
I have been dyyyyying to see Fun. for quite a while now. When I heard they were coming for the 96x Winter Meltdown, I almost wet my pants.
And it’s pretty cool to be able to say we were a part of the biggest concert Fun. has ever played. For now.
And then, this past Monday night, we went to the Norva to see The Ready Set and Karmin.
And Karmin… remember when they came to visit the local radio station my friend Bobby works for? I posted a sweet video of their covers, which in my opinion, are even better than their originals.
They were fantastic. And, according to Bobby, Amy and Nick are truly awesome people. Is it just me, or does that make you like them even more, too?
Next up is Ambassadors and The Lumineers at the Norva on Sunday. I’m pumped.
3. Saturday’s Surf n Santa 10 Mile race went well, despite my sickness. I ran with Team JWFNS again (and Santa, apparently… hi, Rob).
I’m still coughing up my lungs on the reg, but I was able to pull out a second place in my age group finish even with a slower pace than I’d normally hope for.
Once again, the boys gave me someone to chase. They pulled out a 1:04 and 1:05 finish, making me look like a peewee as usual.
I was happy to place in the age group one last time before I turn 25. Race photos to come — we’re still waiting on those.
4. Speaking of Jim White Fitness and Nutrition Studios, that night was Jim’s annual Christmas party. I was reunited with my love, Lisa-Marie, and had a wonderful time with friends.
5. It is important to note those photos are evidence of my first time using a curling wand. Yes, I burned my hands (lost the glove), and yes, I was trying to make my hair on the “wavy” side.
I watched Youtube tutorials first. I think I have too much hair. Obviously, It’s a work in progress.
I just want to be Blake Lively, okay?
And now, speaking of The Ready Set, I’m singing “Give Me Your
6. Also, all I want for Christmas is the Gossip Girl wardrobe. That’s all I’m asking for. Namely, the clothes of Serena van der woodsen. I’d kill.
7. All my life, I’ve grown up with the “doggies are not allowed on the couch” rule. With my first doggie in my first house, I kindasorta gave in.
And I kindasorta love it. I’m happier, Chloe is happier, and life is a whole lot more snuggly.
8. Maggie shared this gem with me: 15 Guaranteed Things that will Happen To You in Your 20s. Appropriately for today, I can give an enthusiastic “HEYYYOOO” to 12 of those 15 things on the list, and I’m only halfway through my 20s.
9. Siri is a bitch.
10. I bought some art for my (soon to be repainted and redecorated) bedroom!
Photos don’t do it justice, but I’m really excited about it. When I’m specifically looking for artwork to go in a room, I always come up short. But when I’m doing something like perusing TJ Maxx for some discount activewear pants (Hind, holla!), I end up happening upon a brilliant hand-painted original on a long, skinny canvas.
So I bought it.
11. The proposed color pallete for said new bedroom was this, but with gray walls.
We’ll see how well I stick to the plan.
12. With my new streaming Netflix subscription, I quickly jumped on the Walking Dead bandwagon. I’m absolutely obsessed. So obsessed that I watched Season 1 and 2 in a little over a week. Now I’m on a mission to get my hands on the first half of Season 3, because I’ve heard it’s a real doozy.
By the way, I do not recommend watching three episodes of this before going to bed. I had some sweet nightmares about all my friends having zombie doppelgangers. Bad idea.
Happy 12-12-12, everyone!