12 Things for 12-12-12

December 12, 2012 · 16 comments

1. Vegan banana bread = my new jam. I’ve made it once with walnuts and once with chocolate chips.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.42.44 PM

Chocolate chips obviously win. Always. Step aside, walnuts.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.42.55 PM

2. I have been pretty fortunate lately with the rockin’ artists visiting my area for great concerts. Last week, I went to see Fun., Imagine Dragons, Of Mice and Men, and a few other bands in Norfolk…

IMG_4684

I have been dyyyyying to see Fun. for quite a while now. When I heard they were coming for the 96x Winter Meltdown, I almost wet my pants.

IMG_4692

And it’s pretty cool to be able to say we were a part of the biggest concert Fun. has ever played. For now.

IMG_4698

IMG_4705

And then, this past Monday night, we went to the Norva to see The Ready Set and Karmin.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.53.44 PM

You guys know from my playlists how much I like The Ready Set.

And Karmin… remember when they came to visit the local radio station my friend Bobby works for? I posted a sweet video of their covers, which in my opinion, are even better than their originals.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.53.55 PM

They were fantastic. And, according to Bobby, Amy and Nick are truly awesome people. Is it just me, or does that make you like them even more, too?

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.54.19 PM

Next up is Ambassadors and The Lumineers at the Norva on Sunday. I’m pumped.

3. Saturday’s Surf n Santa 10 Mile race went well, despite my sickness. I ran with Team JWFNS again (and Santa, apparently… hi, Rob).

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.49.53 PM

I’m still coughing up my lungs on the reg, but I was able to pull out a second place in my age group finish  even with a slower pace than I’d normally hope for.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 2.10.51 PM

Once again, the boys gave me someone to chase. They pulled out a 1:04 and 1:05 finish, making me look like a peewee as usual.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.50.30 PM

I was happy to place in the age group one last time before I turn 25. Race photos to come — we’re still waiting on those.

4. Speaking of Jim White Fitness and Nutrition Studios, that night was Jim’s annual Christmas party. I was reunited with my love, Lisa-Marie, and had a wonderful time with friends.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.46.16 PM

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.45.59 PM

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 2.17.56 PM

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 2.17.44 PM

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.46.35 PM

5. It is important to note those photos are evidence of my first time using a curling wand. Yes, I burned my hands (lost the glove), and yes, I was trying to make my hair on the “wavy” side.

I watched Youtube tutorials first. I think I have too much hair. Obviously, It’s a work in progress.

I just want to be Blake Lively, okay?

gossip-girl-gone-maybe-gone-blake-lively
(source)

And now, speaking of The Ready Set, I’m singing “Give Me Your Hand Hair”.

6. Also, all I want for Christmas is the Gossip Girl wardrobe. That’s all I’m asking for. Namely, the clothes of Serena van der woodsen. I’d kill.

7. All my life, I’ve grown up with the “doggies are not allowed on the couch” rule. With my first doggie in my first house, I kindasorta gave in.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.53.32 PMAnd I kindasorta love it. I’m happier, Chloe is happier, and life is a whole lot more snuggly.

8. Maggie shared this gem with me: 15 Guaranteed Things that will Happen To You in Your 20s. Appropriately for today, I can give an enthusiastic “HEYYYOOO” to 12 of those 15 things on the list, and I’m only halfway through my 20s.

9. Siri is a bitch.

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 2.36.03 PM

10. I bought some art for my (soon to be repainted and redecorated) bedroom!

Screen shot 2012-12-12 at 1.49.10 PM

Photos don’t do it justice, but I’m really excited about it. When I’m specifically looking for artwork to go in a room, I always come up short. But when I’m doing something like perusing TJ Maxx for some discount activewear pants (Hind, holla!), I end up happening upon a brilliant hand-painted original on a long, skinny canvas.

So I bought it.

11. The proposed color pallete for said new bedroom was this, but with gray walls. TealDoors515

We’ll see how well I stick to the plan.

12. With my new streaming Netflix subscription, I quickly jumped on the Walking Dead bandwagon. I’m absolutely obsessed. So obsessed that I watched Season 1 and 2 in a little over a week. Now I’m on a mission to get my hands on the first half of Season 3, because I’ve heard it’s a real doozy.

(source)

By the way, I do not recommend watching three episodes of this before going to bed. I had some sweet nightmares about all my friends having zombie doppelgangers. Bad idea.

Happy 12-12-12, everyone!

1 Em @ Living & Learning December 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm

i’d say your first attempt at the wand was a success – you look gorgeous in those pics from the party girl! … & yes, I allow my first dog on the couch too – life is better that way, for sure!
Em @ Living & Learning recently posted..Marvelous MomentsMy Profile

2 Sarah @PickyRunner December 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I love the color palette for your new bedroom! It’s so cute! Also, I laughed out loud to Siri’s response to your question. She doesn’t sugar coat anything. Oh, and SUPER JEALOUS of all the concerts you’ve gone to! I never know when the good ones are coming until it’s too late to get tickets!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Finals Week Comfort FoodsMy Profile

3 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I asked for a curling wand for xmas, it looks like u had more success then I will. You should have seen what I did to my hair trying to curl it with a straightener while watching youtube tutorials. Not pretty, they make it look too easy!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Dear Body,My Profile

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

LOVE the color palette! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday // Pancake FailMy Profile

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm

The pictures in the post make me verrry happy! 1. I feel for Lisa-Maire being so far away from Seth! 2. You know what my number 2 is ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..HLB’s 2,013 by 2013 Challenge!My Profile

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 12, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Suri’s just jealous because she doesn’t have your good looks. ;) Don’t listen to that hater!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Not one, but TWO cookie recipes!My Profile

7 Brooke December 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm

1.) Siri is so rude.
2.) I’m obsessed with your hair.
3.) How do I become Blake Lively?
Brooke recently posted..Lead LegsMy Profile

8 Gillian December 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Loving your sparkly dress — where is it from?
Gillian recently posted..WeekendingMy Profile

9 Amber K December 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Your hair looks beautiful!

I LOVE Karmin! So glad Amy and Nick are awesome people to boot.
Amber K recently posted..To Eat Meat, Or Not?My Profile

10 Sarah B. December 12, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Twelve things for 12-12-12? How cute! I saw fun a week-and-a-half ago in Jacksonville, FL while I was visiting my best friend. So much, umm, fun!!

I’d like to be Blake Lively as well. Sigh.
Sarah B. recently posted..Idiot-Proof Red Velvet Cake BallsMy Profile

11 Julie @ There and Back Again December 12, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I love the Norva!! And now am super upset that I didn’t know The Lumineers were playing there so soon. Bummer. Enjoy the shows! :)
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Back to the Kiwis?My Profile

12 Bridget @ Type A-Frame Personality December 13, 2012 at 9:15 am

Dogs on the couch are so much better than no dogs on the couch! You’re hair looks really pretty, I say it was a success sans the burnt hands. Also could you do me a favor and stop putting up amazing things on your blog? I bought signed up for fitmixer AND pv.body and I’m pretty sure my credit card can’t handle it :) K thanks. OH and I love the paint colors.
Bridget @ Type A-Frame Personality recently posted..Bad Ass OrnamentMy Profile

13 christina December 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm

chocolate chips always win. your eyes are so blue!!!! they’re like staring into my soul. xoxo
christina recently posted..Mediterranean Quinoa SaladMy Profile

14 Caroline December 14, 2012 at 6:24 am

What recipe for the vegan banana bread are you using? I’d love to make some too!!! Also, any updates on holiday recipes you plan on making or any gifts your giving for the holidays?? xx

15 Kerri December 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I love, Love, LOVE your sparkly dress… would you share where you got it? Pretty please?????

16 Julia December 18, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I am so jealous of all your recent concerts especially Imagine Dragons and The Lumineers