The Big TWO & A Year in Review

November 19, 2012 · 25 comments

Happy birthday, little blog of mine.

via

How could I have almost forgotten? Life of bLyss turned two years old yesterday. Some days, it feels like much longer than two years ago I entered this wonderful little community, and sometimes, it feels like I just began yesterday. Remember this blog’s first birthday when I put together a year in review?

Since then, a lot has happened. I now present Life of bLyss Year 2 in Review:

"

• ran the Virginia Beach Shamrock Half Marathon for the second time

Holy linkage, amIright? This past year has been a busy one!

This blog has gone through many changes, and I whole-heartedly appreciate all you faithful friends who have been reading for the past 24 months or so. You guys are great. I love you all.

Hopefully, I’ll get my stuff together soon and have more time to dedicate to LOB. ;) I know I’ve been busy-busy with the whole work/coaching/theatre biz, but I appreciate all of you hanging with me more than you know.

P.S. Know what’s cool? That friend of mine, Alyssa? Not only do we have the same name, and not only are we both from the dirty Jerz, but our bloggies were born one day apart. So special. I wish we could get together and have a princess party for the occasion.

"

Virtual cake: served. Virtual confetti: thrown. Happy bLirthday, LOB.

1 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 19, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Happy blog birthday! That was a crazy year for you, huh?

PS – You so better be at Blend numero dos.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Aiming for NormalMy Profile

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Yay! Happy birthday to your blog! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday / Lord Huron & my BLENDS!My Profile

3 alyssa - life a la wife November 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Happy Birthday to your bliggity blog!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Vin 909My Profile

4 Sarah November 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Awww happy blogger birthday!! This is so exciting and I’m going back to read all of these awesome links :) Congrats on becoming cancer free. You have done SO many cool things! I wish I had the opportunity to do half of what you’ve accomplished in just a year!
Sarah recently posted..Win a race, Win a TurkeyMy Profile

5 Em @ Living & Learning November 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

happy blog birthday! Here’s to many more years, more posts, and more adventures to come!
Em @ Living & Learning recently posted..Monday!My Profile

6 katie November 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

You never fail to crack me up!

Happy Birthday to your blog! <3
katie recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday 25 with some Christmas Ready Fun!My Profile

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 19, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Happy Blogiversary!! :) Here’s to many more! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..20 Weeks … and a trip down memory lane.My Profile

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots November 19, 2012 at 6:02 pm

happy birthday to your lovely blog!!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Marvelous MondayMy Profile

9 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 19, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Happy BLirthday!!!!! You have had QUITE a year!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Fam Lunch (alternate title: why doesn’t Lindsey get a diaper?)My Profile

10 Amber K November 19, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Happy Blogiversary! Yes, that’s the best I could come up with. But seriously, what a fun year you’ve had! Minus melanoma of course, but yay for you bringing awareness to it.
Amber K recently posted..Worst Blog Ending EverMy Profile

11 Ashley @ Freckles and Spice November 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm

This is the most inspiration list of changes, events, challenges I’ve read in a while. What an amazing two years. Celebrate well friend!
Glad we were able to meet at BLEND – we must chat more at the next one! Come on May 2012!
Ashley @ Freckles and Spice recently posted..Marvelous Monday – Finally!!My Profile

12 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige November 20, 2012 at 7:55 am

Happy blog birthday, Alyssa! Love your dance on Ellen – that’s WAY cool.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..“Your Form Looks Horrible!” Or, 5 Ways to a Better Overhead SquatMy Profile

13 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 20, 2012 at 8:31 am

Happy Birthday to your blog!

14 Tiff November 20, 2012 at 8:56 am

Happy Birthday LOB! This has been quite a year!

15 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife November 20, 2012 at 9:07 am

yay! Happy birthday to your blog! thats so exciting. I love looking back at posts throughout the year!

16 Dad November 20, 2012 at 10:38 am

Nice review and what a year!

luv, Dad

17 Alyssa November 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DA BLOGGY! #BlogBFFS #NameTwins #LifeTwins #LoveYouLongTime

18 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola November 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Happy 2nd year blog birthday! That’s amazing and truly incredible when you get to look back over what the past year has been! It sounds like this has been both a trying and amazing year for you and you have done an amazing job staying positive throughout it all!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Let’s Do SomethingMy Profile

19 Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties November 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I LOVE this idea! Living day to day, you don’t realize how much has happened in a year–but when you post the highlights like this? WOW. Simply wow. So impressed by you! :)

20 Julie November 22, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hey! After reading about your love of the fit mixer bootcamps on your blog I just checked out their website for the first time. It looks awesome! Just have a couple questions – is each boot camp $150 (or whatever the price of the kit is – I c an’t remember the exact cost) or only the first one since you have to buy the kit? Also, I’ve only done workout DVDs sporadically and am more of a run/spin person…is the boot camp pretty detailed as far as the workouts go? Sorry for all of the questions! Just wondering because I trust your opinion on all of this. :) p.s. looks like you had an awesome year 2 of LOB – I’ve enjoyed being a reader and coming along for the ride!! you go girl.

21 Amy @ Living N Learning November 25, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Happy blog birthday #2! I’ve enjoyed following along on your journey through everything.
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Where has November gone?My Profile