Happy birthday, little blog of mine.
How could I have almost forgotten? Life of bLyss turned two years old yesterday. Some days, it feels like much longer than two years ago I entered this wonderful little community, and sometimes, it feels like I just began yesterday. Remember this blog’s first birthday when I put together a year in review?
Since then, a lot has happened. I now present Life of bLyss Year 2 in Review:
- tried a nutrition plan for the first time, partnering with my friend Jim White
- danced onstage with my favorite 80′s band for my 24th birthday
- got a little salty over not being cast on the Bachelor a few times.
- became a member of TeamREFUEL thanks to you guys!
- was diagnosed with melanoma and had two surgeries to remove my skin cancer
- oh, look. then I ate pavement again, causing a rib injury
- became cancer free!
- attempted to create as much skin cancer awareness as I could, putting together an assembly for my school as well (and caught it on video!)
- ran the Virginia Beach Shamrock Half Marathon for the second time
- by request, created numerous workouts for you guys
- FINALLY fixed my shin splints with some running tips
- got crafty with some DIY wood paneling art and a homemade wreath. My little home is finally coming together!
- went on the Blend Retreat in Colorado, learning so much and spending time with some wonderful ladies.
- took my mama to California, VIP audience members at The Ellen Degeneres Show. SO. EXCITING. I even got to dance on the stage and with Ellen!
- returned to the musical theatre stage as Dainty June in Gypsy and became the happiest I have been since moving to Virginia Beach
- quit the gym, saved money, and fell in love with fitmixer boot camp, my favorite fitness/nutrition program I have ever come across. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to live without it, to be honestSIDE NOTE: The next boot camp begins on January 14th. If you’re interested in joining me for boot camp post-holidays, register here! I swear, it’s worth every penny. You can do the workouts anywhere, you need no equipment, and you get to keep them forever).
- got to put on a wedding dress for the first time for Hampton Roads Wedding Planner Magazine and was given the opportunity to be Gaga for the day
- became a vegetarian and saw fantastic changes in the way my body feels
- dyed my hair pink in honor of my sister and breast cancer awareness
- started learning guitar (it’s…going)
- placed 3rd in my age group in the Virginia Beach Wicked 10k
Holy linkage, amIright? This past year has been a busy one!
This blog has gone through many changes, and I whole-heartedly appreciate all you faithful friends who have been reading for the past 24 months or so. You guys are great. I love you all.
Hopefully, I’ll get my stuff together soon and have more time to dedicate to LOB. I know I’ve been busy-busy with the whole work/coaching/theatre biz, but I appreciate all of you hanging with me more than you know.
P.S. Know what’s cool? That friend of mine, Alyssa? Not only do we have the same name, and not only are we both from the dirty Jerz, but our bloggies were born one day apart. So special. I wish we could get together and have a princess party for the occasion.
Virtual cake: served. Virtual confetti: thrown. Happy bLirthday, LOB.