Cookies, Planks, Makeup, and Frosty Paws Winners

November 28, 2012 · 11 comments

First, congratulations are in order for Kristen, Sam, Laura, Alieh, Janetha, Kelsey, Jessica, Colleen, Ashley, and Jana!

The Random.org number generator loves you guys, and your Frosty Paws prize pack will be headed your way stat. Give a special pat to your pooches from Chloe and me. E-mail me your mailing address, please!

And a high-five from Frosty.

And, as an update, just a few things going on in my life right now:

1. Winter track is fully underway, and it’s been fun getting to coach girls and boys. It does feel a bit like sweet retribution getting to make kids run and run and run just like I was made to do when they were my age, but I really like running with them. I’ve put them through some dialed-down versions of fitmixer boot camp. Those who complained fitness class was too easy last year are now swallowing their words.

I also had a seventh grader hold a plank longer than me.

In my defense, the kid weighs about 80 pounds max. I call that an unfair advantage. I dropped at 3:22, and the kid was barely shaking.

2. I’m a baking machine. In the past week, I’ve made 4 batches of cookies and tried my hand at a new vegan banana bread recipe. ‘Tis the season to get chubby, right?

Of course, I forgot to snap a photo of the ‘nana bread before it was gone, but I’ll be making it again soon with the browning bananas on my counter top.

3. Makeup is still my favorite.

My lovely friend Annabelle wanted some makeup artistry assistance for a wedding, so I showed up with my entire tray of makeup. She looked fantastical, if I do say so myself.

There’s a dry run/completed look comparison for you. Pretty little Bells. :)

4. Speaking of makeup, this weekend is our last weekend run of Aida. It feels like it has gone on for so long, but at the same time, it seems crazy that it will be all over so soon.

This means the end of Egyptian stage makeup, ridiculously curly and sticky hair, and going out in public post-show with that sweet getup every weekend. I’ll really miss all the weird looks I’ve been getting.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Those cookies look amazing! What kind?
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Better Than Black FridayMy Profile

2 Lindsay November 28, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Oh my gosh, those cookies look delicious! Also love the stage makeup & that you rocked it after the show. Wish I had your confidence!
Lindsay recently posted..Workout motivationMy Profile

3 Abbey November 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm

We need to have a baking day soon! I got out all of my Christmas recipes yesterday, just need to make a supply run and we will be ready to bake up a storm!

4 Sam @ The Balance Artist November 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

YAYAYAY Kodes is the happiest little bear!! Thank you, thank you!

Aaaand I will come over for some of those cookies, thanks.
Sam @ The Balance Artist recently posted..Pattern Prints and a Deal for You!My Profile

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I’ve never won anythingggggg. I’ll text you my new address!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Holiday Tips: How to Host a Holiday PartyMy Profile

6 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 28, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Haha, I used to go out with my stage makeup on when I was in high school. It’s kind of embarrassing now, when I look back at pictures. But oh well, it was fun!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Staying Healthy During the HolidaysMy Profile

7 Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties November 28, 2012 at 7:07 pm

3:22 plank? WHAT? I’m seriously so impressed!

Also–Love the makeup! That looks so fun!
Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties recently posted..(Chicken) White Bean and Parmesan Baked Orzo. yummm.My Profile

8 Amber K November 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I would totally go out in stage makeup. It’d be one of the few times my makeup looks awesome! lol
Amber K recently posted..Garlic Breadsticks: You Know You Want Them!My Profile