Bows and Florals

November 12, 2012 · 12 comments

After my parents visited last week, a few unearthed baby pictures were left on my kitchen table.

Thanks for the lacy placemat bib dresses, Mom. You obviously hated bows and floral patterns.

Now, someone tell me why no one told me I had something in my teeth for my third grade picture.

1 Angela @ Health's Angel November 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Oh my, this is great. I went to my parents’ house a couple weekends ago and my mom was in the midst of going through boxes of old pictures. I had a ball laughing at myself, particularly my 7th grade yearbook photo. Frizzy hair, braces, unkempt eyebrows…it was lovely.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?My Profile

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oh man! Gotta love those old dresses from the early 90s huh? ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // American HeartMy Profile

3 Katie November 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm

This is ideal because not only have florals been making a large scaled comeback, but lace collars..or any form of peter pan collars are now retailing for unnecessary amounts of cash. and bows, well lets be honest as far as I’m concerned those never went out of style. You should really just be thanking your mom for establishing you as a trend setter.

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 12, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I’m pretty sure we ALL have at least one grade-school photo in a floral dress. Ahh … memories. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..19 Weeks: Say Good-Bye to Regular Clothing (and another giveaway!).My Profile

5 Haley November 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Oh yeah. That was me too. My grandma had a sewing pattern for one of those lovely placemat bib dresses, so you know what that means…same dress in every print you can think of :)

6 Mom November 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I’m getting defensive here! Listen to your friend. You were a trendsetter.
Your teeth looked like you had something stuck in them. That’s why we had to take you to the “big bucks” orthodontist!

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Awww look at youuuu!!

8 Amber K November 12, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I can barely look at my old pictures. My mother apparently didn’t want me to have a decent haircut…ever!
Amber K recently posted..TV > MeMy Profile

9 Rachel November 13, 2012 at 11:27 am

That’s like me.. only add in huge amounts of hair taking over my head hahaha
Rachel recently posted..My Running Anniversary!My Profile