Aida Opening Night

November 9, 2012 · 11 comments

Tonight is the opening of the second musical I have had the privilege to act in at The Little Theatre of Virginia Beach, Elton John and Tim Rice’s Aida.

It’s so interesting how different shows at the same theatre end up being completely different experiences. I miss my Gypsy cast every day, but I have enjoyed my time boding with my fellow Aidans.

Maybe I have such fun with them because no one really takes anything too seriously, just like yours truly. Except the theatre, of course.

And even then, it’s kind of a tossup.

We’re still trying to figure out what that prop actually is. Tiny bagel? Fake pineapple ring? Nosering? Earring? Something special to make me look like Snuffleupagus?

Regardless, we have boys who let people make them over.

Poor Keegan.

As I wrote on the LTVB Blog, if you’re into shirtless men and girls in towels, stage fighting, and/or stories of courage and love, we’ll see you at The Little Theatre of Virginia Beach November 9 – December 2 (Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sundays at 2:30 p.m.).

Time to go up my energy levels and get ready to strut my stuff outrageously tonight. I’m pretty pumped to show you guys photos of what the show actually looks like.

1 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More November 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Looks like fun! Good luck!
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Music Moves MeMy Profile

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 9, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Good luck!! I wish I could come watch your performance, I LOVE getting to go to the theater!

3 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 9, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I so wish I could come see one of your shows in person!

And I’m going with tiny pineapple ring to adorn a fake pina colada while singing “If you like pina coladas…getting caught in the rain…”
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Scenes from the WeekMy Profile

4 Amber K November 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm

What a blast! I sometimes wish I would have joined drama in high school…until I remember my extreme stage fright. Yeah…that would not have turned out well!
Amber K recently posted..The Only Thing I NeedMy Profile

5 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 10, 2012 at 1:00 am

Good luck with opening night, it sounds like a great show!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Five Facts on FridayMy Profile

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 10, 2012 at 7:34 am

Break a leg! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Cheddar Bacon Ranch DipMy Profile

7 Natalie November 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I cannot find the post, but I know Charity and was so excited when she popped up on the blog! I saw her in Dreamgirls. Um, woa. I’m sure this new show will be equally impressive. Good luck to all of you!
Natalie recently posted..Halloween in GothamMy Profile

8 kirsten price April 14, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Hello there! This article couldn’t be written much better! Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this. I most certainly will send this post to him. Pretty sure he’s going to have a good read.
Many thanks for sharing!
kirsten price recently posted..kirsten priceMy Profile