The Only Good Part

October 2, 2012 · 21 comments

The only good part about another piece being taken from my back is the band-aid I have to cover the boo-boo.

I find out in two weeks if the tricky looking spot is cancerous again.

Please, if you haven’t already, go get a full body scan skin test at your dermatologist.

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 2, 2012 at 9:11 am

I’ve got my first skin cancer screening set up for the end of next month. I just quit tanning this summer after 10 years so I’m super nervous but happy I’m going!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Seriously Good Lentil + Spinach SoupMy Profile

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 2, 2012 at 9:13 am

Ugh, I’m sorry to hear you had to go through that again! You always seem to see things in a positive light!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Quick Low Fat Pad ThaiMy Profile

3 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian October 2, 2012 at 9:16 am

ughh not again!? After your first scare I scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist to get my moles checked out, including one that I thought looked a little scary. All clear! Thank you Alyssa – you’re an inspiration!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..#HLS12 Wild Harvest GiveawayMy Profile

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

Ugh, sorry you have to go through this again Alyssa!

5 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

praying for you sweetheart – that, and making my dermatologist appointment today.

love you 🙂
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Birthday Weekend HappeningsMy Profile

6 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

I went yesterday, getting 2 more moles removed in a couple weeks! Never fun. I’m jealous of your band aid though! Mine were not that cool last time.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..MWF Seeing BFF–Book ReviewMy Profile

7 Michelle @ Blogitness October 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

Sorry you are having to go through this again. Praying for you!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Trying New ThingsMy Profile

8 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Praying for you! xo

9 Amber K October 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

So frustrating that you have to put up with this again. Praying!
Amber K recently posted..How to Ruin a RecipeMy Profile

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Good luck! Hoping everything turns out well.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..If It’s Not This….It Would Be Something ElseMy Profile

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 2, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Sending you positive thoughts. My mom has had several bouts of skin cancer, so I know the wait can be scary and just how important it is to watch out for.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The TimelineMy Profile

12 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 2, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I need to make my appointment. Thank you for reminding me. I hope that everything comes back clear!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Pretty Muddy HikeMy Profile

13 Lauren October 2, 2012 at 10:53 pm

You completely inspired me to get my skin checked out. Melanoma runs in my family and I literally have too many freckles to count… so I can’t exactly keep an eye on my own moles, because there’s no way I could keep track of which ones look like what. I’ve never tanned in my life, but I lived in Tucson AZ for eight years and suffered from pretty horrible sunburns.
Lauren recently posted..Running HillsMy Profile

14 Brittany (healthy slice of life) October 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

Hugs!! Praying for good news. Know you’re getting an important message out to so many. <3
Brittany (healthy slice of life) recently posted..How to Naturally Cure a Sore Throat in One DayMy Profile

15 Sokphal @ Life as a Classroom October 3, 2012 at 11:21 am

Sending you good vibes! Hope it’s clear!

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Crossing my fingers and praying it was not a cancerous spot!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..‘tis the season for soupMy Profile