Nap Drunk

October 11, 2012 · 18 comments

I. Can’t. Stop.

I’m going to turn into a half-peanut-half-candy-corn. I have a dish of them in my living room, and every time I have company over, I may as well be tipping the dish into my mouth. I can’t stop refilling the dish. Somebody needs to do something about this.

I have become that person. I actually prefer waking up at 5:30 a.m. to get a run in before work. I keep talking about how I used to roll my eyes/scoff/laugh at the people who said “It’s just so peaceful,” “I love getting it out of the way first thing,” and “I have more energy during the day!” But now I’m that person.

Some mornings, I pop outta bed ready to rock and roll. And I get excited about it.

Except for the whole having more energy during the day thing. That’s currently a little touch and go, as I almost passed out at work on Tuesday. I plopped into bed at approximately 4:50 after work, and at 6:40, I barely woke up for rehearsal. There onstage was a nice zombie vegetable Alyssa staring into space, clad in sweats, glasses and bedhead. I was a real treat.

I was nap drunk. Yes, that’s a thing.

Meeeeh, at least I could say I ran at 5:30 that morning. 2 miles plus the daily fitmixer boot camp workout. Early productivity > evening brainpower? No? Not so much?

It’s fine. I plan to be back on my A-game for tonight’s rehearsal so I can impress everyone with my skills in focus and productivity.

1 Ivette October 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I completely know what you mean, honestly, where do people get the idea that early morning workouts give you more energy? cleary we must not be doing the same workouts!
There’s nights i’m in bed by 8:30pm!! I’m in college, that’s just not right! haha

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 8:37 am

8:30 p.m.?! I’m impressed! My body just doesn’t like going to bed early.

3 Kaitlyn October 11, 2012 at 8:24 pm

i am that person, too (getting up at the un-godly hour of 4:30AM!). I can’t help it. My co-workers think I’m insane. But, I do loooove morning runs. I am that person.

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 8:37 am

How have I become that person? It’s crazy. :) But I did it this morning, and I feel great.

5 christina October 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’ve totally experienced nap drunk!! It’s the weirdest feeling. I’m too afraid to buy a bag of candy corn bc I will go ape-shi* on them. But yeah, I’ll buy them when they go on sale so I feel less guilty. Ha.
christina recently posted..Green Tomato Curry with Potatoes and Garlic / Gruber Farm CSA Week 4My Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 8:38 am

I really like that you *bleeped* out the “t” in there. And yeah, I refuse to bring them to work. If they’re on my desk, I’ll be in huge trouble.

7 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Aww- it will get easier! An early bedtime helps, too :)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..OpinionatedMy Profile

8 Sarah B. October 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

OMG make me one of those early morning work-it-out gals! I would love to have some of that willpower in me.

I am awful at taking naps now, but in college, oh em gee, I was the queen of naps. Oh, to be young again…
Sarah B. recently posted..M.I.A.My Profile

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’m that kid in kindergarten naptime who won’t partake in activities. I really rarely nap unless I reaaally need it.

10 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More October 12, 2012 at 12:26 am

I am avoiding all Halloween candy. At least for a couple more weeks. It’s just too good and I have no willpower!
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Pumpkin Patch Part 3My Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 8:42 am

The longer you put it off (at least for me), the better. ;)

12 Corey October 12, 2012 at 9:50 am

First let me just say that I LOVE workaholics and always sunny. And let me also say that my coworker so evil-y puts out a dish of STRAIGHT UP candy corn in a dish in our office kitchen. I think I’ve developed so many cavities because of this. Evil, evil coworker.
Corey recently posted..All the Small ThingsMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I haven’t watched EITHER show. So… you need to tell me what I said that has to do with those shows. ;)

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I take that back. I used those GIFs, didn’t I? I’M SO SHARP.

15 Bari October 12, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I have peanuts and candy corn on my desk right now. Truth. It’s a sickness.
Bari recently posted..Fitness Friday: Running Pop QuizMy Profile

16 Amber K October 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I refuse to buy any candy! I will eat it all. I am going to wait until Halloween when I can “borrow” some from my nieces and nephews. ;)
Amber K recently posted..Double the TroubleMy Profile

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 13, 2012 at 8:21 am

Love all of your video clips … I totally dance in my underwear Cameron Diaz-style every morning. Not. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Double Tomato BruschettaMy Profile

18 Heather @Run Eat Play October 14, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love getting a workout in during the morning, but for me that’s 9am rather than 5;30am! But if that was the only time I had to work out, I suppose I would do it too!

I have been eating candy corn non-stop! its crazy!
Heather @Run Eat Play recently posted..Halloween Food and Pumpkin Carving 2012My Profile