I May Not Be a Hipster

October 17, 2012 · 39 comments

Big news.

I may not be able to quite pull off the hipster look…

BUT…

I may have mastered the art of curling.

NO BIG, just took me 24 years to figure out.

P.S. One of my #1 life wishes was granted recently.

HEALTHIER POPTARTS.

I wholeheartedly urge you to try these little pastry pockets of heaven.

1 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats October 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

How how how?? Every time I try curling my hair it comes out badly (it falls out in 5 seconds if I use a curling iron, it looks awkward when I use a straightener and my side bangs always end up looking dumb). Can you share a tutorial (ooooh maybe a video tutorial??) with us por favor??
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..World’s Best BroccoliMy Profile

2 Angela @ Health's Angel October 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I hope I can master it one day, too! I fail miserably whenever I try to get spiral-y curls in my hair. And it’s naturally curly to begin with! Truly hair-inept over here.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..I’m A Big Girl NowMy Profile

3 Lindsay October 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’m so jealous! I still can’t figure out how to curl my hair with a straightener or a curling iron. I’ve been wondering if the chocolate pastry crisps were any good, I’ll have to try them!
Lindsay recently posted..Way too much diet sodaMy Profile

4 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife October 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

mmm those special k bars look delicious! Love your hair! Will you teach us all?

5 Lauren October 17, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Gah, I still have no hair skills at age 24. I just started a blog please follow: http://www.breathedeeplyandsmile.blogspot.com/! Love your blog!

6 Jessie October 17, 2012 at 2:15 pm

AHH! Your hair looks awesome! Tutorial? ;o) I’m awful with my hair – it’s either in a bun/ponytail or straight when I take the time to flat iron it!
Jessie recently posted..I did it!My Profile

7 Corey @ When We Wander October 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Love those glasses on you! You could totes be a hipster :)

I remember when I first used to curl my hair — life changer! I dont know about you, but my trick is I don’t use the clamp on the curling iron (I use it more like a curling wand) then I just wrap my hair around it and hold it there for about 30 seconds. No one likes that “toddler beauty pageant” look, and I think avoiding the clamp helps with that.
Corey @ When We Wander recently posted..How to Make a Quick Red SauceMy Profile

8 Caryln @ carylnrambles October 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hair tutorial please!! I have shorter hair, but I still think I would be able to do this…possibly
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..Pumpkin CornbreadMy Profile

9 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 17, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I love your hair! I wish I could do mine like that, but mine is naturally curly (aka frizzy) and I’d have to straighten it first… It never works out well.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Class Free MondayMy Profile

10 Allie October 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Oh girl I’m in love with you! I cannot believe I’m just coming across your blog now.

11 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More October 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Pretty curls!
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Need Walking Shoe RecommendationMy Profile

12 Heather @ Run Eat Play October 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Love the curls!
I can’t even keep Pop Tarts in the house because I will eat the whole box! I will be on the lookout for those Special K ones!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Coconut Water and a Fake MangoMy Profile

13 Nicole @ Curly Mommy October 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I still maintain that you can definitely pull off hipster.
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..End of the Year GoalsMy Profile

14 katie October 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm

SO pretty! Love your hair curled! I need to curl mine more! Hope you are well beautiful!
katie recently posted..Judge MeMy Profile

15 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters October 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I mastered a similar curling technique senior year of high school after I spotting a pro do hers at a dance competition. Practice makes perfect!

Are those toastable? Interesting find…..
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..Some RandomsMy Profile

16 Amber K October 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm

If I do anything with my hair besides throw it into a bun, I’m impressed. 29 years and I still haven’t figured out how to care what my hair looks like. Dang it! ;)
Amber K recently posted..Stay Out of the KitchenMy Profile

17 Dana October 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

Did you use a flat iron or curling iron? Although i have curly hair, i like to blow it out and give it loose waves – i find that the flat iron gives me wider, looser curls that stay better (and i can do it quicker). I definitely learned how from Julie over at PBF :)

18 Yellow Haired Girl October 18, 2012 at 10:19 am

I’m a huge curler. Do it almost everyday with my hair straightener! I’m glad you’ve learned :)

I need those pastries! Yowza.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Yolk LoveMy Profile

19 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 18, 2012 at 11:29 am

I was wondering if those pastry crisps were good. I might have to try them!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW #11: Mackinac Island EatsMy Profile

20 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Weird. I JUST saw a commercial for Pop Tarts and oddly had a huge craving for them. I’ll be scouring the stores for these :)

21 Leanne October 18, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I couldn’t agree more…I love the Special K crisps, even my hubby loves them, he is not a health food fan lol…it feels so indulgent!! Also love the hair!!!

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 18, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I’m a huge Pop-Tart fan, so I need to try those out, A-SAP! Thanks for the tip!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pasta Bake RecipeMy Profile

23 em @ living & learning October 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm

so, you’re saying thats the style of choice for when you get out of the Limo to meet Sean & make your bachelor debut? hahah . & oh girl, those blueberries one have stolen my heart. SO.GOOD.
em @ living & learning recently posted..Too soonMy Profile

24 Alyssa October 18, 2012 at 10:05 pm

ha I just recently learned to curl my hair too!
Alyssa recently posted..Guest Post! My First Yoga ExperienceMy Profile

25 Britt A October 18, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Hello! I am a new reader after discovering your post on PB Fingers! I love your blog and that you are a fellow So-Jo girl! I agree with all the comments before me: LOVE the hair and wish I could get mine to look like that :P
Britt A recently posted..It’s the Weekend!My Profile

26 Lauren @YoungNester October 19, 2012 at 11:20 am

Please teach me your awesome-curling ways! I cannot master the curling iron. And yay for healthy poptarts!