Guess What?

October 4, 2012 · 8 comments

I’m learning something new.

Don’t kid yourself. I look like I’m having a grand old time.

Which I was.

But I was also failing miserably at my first go-around with my daddy’s newly-strung 30-year-old Harmony.

I asked my dad if I could borrow his guitar so I could learn. I woke up last rainy Saturday morning thinking, “man, I’m going to go sit on my couch and play a song. Because that will be awesome.”

20 minutes later, I pouted, plopped the guitar back in the stand, and told my friends how bad I am.

Looks like there will be a few hundred more guitar lessons before I’m the next T. Swift.

Evidently, it takes a while (I hope you catch my joking tone and know I didn’t really expect to be an instant guitar hero). My fingertips hurt a lot. They’re kinda numb today.

Like my Ninja Turtle PJ pants?  I got those as a gift for working as a stagehand ninja for I Hate Hamlet. I’m in love with them.

I’m working on it.

ALSO, Love Grown Foods has a brand new product launching very, very soon. And you guys are going to get the opportunity to win it!

If you’re feeling scrappy and want to venture a guess as to what they’ll be offering, here are some hints as to what the new product will be:

HINT #1 – It is PACKED-FULL of nutritional benefits
HINT #2 – It contains NO sodium
HINT #3 – It is certified gluten-free
HINT #4 – It is perfect for on-the-go
HINT #5 – It comes in four delicious flavors

Are you ready? I don’t think you are. Follow @LoveGrownFoods on Twitter and Instagram for updates!

1 robfiasco @ Run 2 the Hills October 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

omg, love those pants!!!! so awesome!! 🙂

as for guitar, keep at it. it takes a while to get dexterity in your fingers to be able to grab chords without it being totally awkward. you’ll be rocking out in no time!

2 Jacqui October 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I want those ninja turtle pants, they are amazing!!

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm

What’s sad is that in high school I was a pretty good guitar player. Not great by any means, but I wasn’t bad and had good potential. Then I went to music school and now I don’t know how to play. So much so that I don’t think I’ve tried in over a year (maybe two!) because every time I pick it up again I get mad about how bad I am now. Maybe after I finish my NASM training and have more time, I’ll have to try again… 😉
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Get Out There and Move!My Profile

4 Sarah B. October 4, 2012 at 11:22 pm

You with a guitar looks like me with a piano. I legitimately took lessons for three years and can only really play one song — the same song I knew how to play before taking lessons: heart and soul.

I was so bad at practicing!

5 Corrie Anne October 5, 2012 at 2:13 am

Trying a new instrument is awesome!! I started teaching piano this fall, and adult students are so much fun. Love their sense of humor!!!
Corrie Anne recently posted..My Pets’ PeevesMy Profile

6 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More October 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I’ve always wanted to learn to play guitar and piano. I play with my daughters guitar all the time, thinking I will just be able to jam and sound awesome. Yeah, not so much.
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..I’d Like a RefundMy Profile