FINAL-freaking-LY!

October 24, 2012 · 15 comments

My jaw hit the floor yesterday when I saw the news.

Those of you who know me at all know that I’ve been obsessed with the musical, The Last 5 Years, for ages. I even got Kailey in on it.

I sang a piece from the show in high school concerts, my voice recitals, and I regularly sing TL5Y pieces for auditions.

My dream role by far is Cathy in The Last 5 Years. The show has that kind of music that will never stop being incredible to me. The lyrics, swoon. The score… gah.

I’ll stop gushing and just tell you why I’m going on about it.

My newest girl crush, Anna Kendrick (loved her in past movies, but I can’t. get. enough. of Pitch Perfect), just signed to play Cathy in a FILM ADAPTATION of The Last 5 Years.

If you aren’t on the Anna Kendrick love train, just watch this.

WHAAAAT?

Yes. Here.

via

I’m dying. I’m so excited. How did I not know this was becoming a movie?

Even though Anna is a little young for the role, I think she’ll pull it off well. Now, I have high hopes/expectations for the role of Jamie.

And if you couldn’t give two flips about The Last 5 Years, I’ll tell you something else that’s finally happening.

Guess what opens in Virginia Beach today?

It’s goin’ down. My wallet already hurts.

Say it with me: FINAL-FREAKING-LY!

1 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life October 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Love Whole Foods! We just got our first one in Iowa this summer! So fun to stroll the aisles and explore.
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..Random Happenings, take 2My Profile

2 Caryln @ carylnrambles October 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

did you see the movie end of watch with her in it?? i actually went and saw it when i was visiting my parents in va beach a few months ago at beach movie bistro. its pretty good! i have to tell my mom about the whole foods opening now!
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..This Weeks EatsMy Profile

3 Sara Grambusch October 24, 2012 at 3:00 pm

That girl is SO talented. I hope she doesn’t develop a drug problem or something because she’s going to have one heck of a career.
Sara Grambusch recently posted..Bye Bye BlogMy Profile

4 Jenny October 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm

So, I’m a HUGE lover of musicals, but somehow The Last Five Years never got on my radar until you started talking about it on your blog.

And, um, I just cried reading through the synopsis on wikipedia.

5 Alysha @Shesontherun October 24, 2012 at 4:17 pm

When Anna Kendrick was in Twilight, my friends said I looked like her! LOL
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Primula Tea Giveaway!My Profile

6 Amy @Macncheesenpeas October 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm

wow, I had no idea she could sing! that was amazing!

7 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola October 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Omg I LOVE the music from The Last 5 Years! I’ve always wanted to see it performed but can never find it! I’m so excited they are making this a movie though! I agree that Anna Kendrick does seem young for the part- and I’m not sure she’s what I imagined with the music but I’m sure it will be great! Can’t wait to hear who they will pick for Jamie!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..MakeoverMy Profile

8 em @ living & learning October 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm

1. I wish a whole foods would come to WV – that would be the day pigs fly probably.
2. I have never heard of the Last five years – don’t kill me.
3. After reading about it however, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!
em @ living & learning recently posted..geniusMy Profile

9 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 25, 2012 at 12:29 am

So exciting that your Whole Foods is opening! That place is such a money pit for me…but I love it all the same. :-)