4-Week Shred Workout

October 22, 2012 · 9 comments

Many of you have been saying you need more LOB workouts.

As I like to say, ask, and you shall receive (and on that note, I’ll get started on a hair curling tutorial…gulp).

This workout can be essentially done anywhere. No equipment is needed unless you like using a yoga mat.

I stuck with a workout you can try once a week, building the number of reps you complete each time. Obviously, if 20 is too difficult of a starting place, start with 10. And if you can build up to more than 50 at the end, go on wit’cho bad self.

Remember, each set should be done three times.

Many of the exercises in this workout are inspiration from fitmixer boot camp.  If any of these moves aren’t familiar with you, I’ve included my usual visuals/explanations below:

• plyometric lunges
  • diamond pushups (I just really like this dude’s enthusiasm)
  • reverse crunches
  • squat pulses (be sure your knees don’t go in front of your ankles, as always)
  • tricep pushups
  • 30-60 second plank
  • burpees
  • star pushups  [Complete a traditional pushups with wide arms and wide legs]
  • hip touches  [In a plank position, touch one hip to the floor. That's one rep, and you should feel it in your obliques. Complete however many reps you are doing for one side, then switch to the other hip]

And if you like the way some of these moves work yo body, you should think about joining us for the next boot camp. :) Just sayin’.

Now, go shred!

1 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian October 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Looks like a great idea for a workout! I was thinking about joining fitmixer during this current round, but it turned out to be started 2 weeks before I was going to go on vacation and I knew I wouldn’t be working out while away. Maybe I’ll join this next round – I definitely need a push to get healthier!
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Friday UpdatesMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm

oh man, I had that issue last time! I just went on a week longer than everyone. but yes, I highly recommend it!

3 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats October 22, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Thanks for posting this workout :) I will definitely try it out! Just out of curiosity, how long do you think it should take? Obviously it will take longer each week, but I’m trying to plan how much cardio I should combine with this.

Also, thanks for attempting the hair curl tutorial! Yay!!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..UMD Homecoming!!My Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

I’d say it will take an average of 30 minutes.

5 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 22, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Looks like a killer workout! Taking a pic of it with my phone now to do next time I’m at the park!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Out with the oldMy Profile

6 em @ living & learning October 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

ahh – thanks for sharing, what a “home” friendly workout!
em @ living & learning recently posted..Good KarmaMy Profile

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 23, 2012 at 9:07 am

that’s why I love it! no time for the puppy in the crate. :)

8 Alyssa October 23, 2012 at 10:59 am

Sounds challenging enough! I’m excited to give it a try! Thanks :)
Alyssa recently posted..Mini Goal MondayMy Profile

9 Mel October 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love Scott Herman Fitness YouTubes!!! (re: dude’s enthusiasm for diamond pushups). I use his How-Tos all the time — but his smile/ abs may be the reason…