Why I Don’t Have Neighbor Friends

September 19, 2012 · 31 comments

You guys know Jamie.

My little peanut/Ray Charles/running buddy.

She was the first friend I made in Virginia Beach other than girls from work.

She was the one who I met through blogging, yet we are from rival high schools in New Jersey and played against each other on the same field hockey field.

She was my gym buddy before I quit the gym.

She’s the one who will come over for wine and an ab workout. Our minds work the same way.

And she’s the one I went running with last week, candy corn in our matching Lulu speed shorts (we’re so cool).

And she’s the girl who admitted as we approached mile 4 that T. Swift’s new jam was rocking her world. To which I said, “MEEEEE TOOOOO” and promptly played it from my iPhone.

And as we ran, we jammed. With no conversation of ever seeing the music video, we did a synchronized jumped in the air, arms up, at the “WEEE-EEEE!” part of the chorus.

That part.

Mid-run. On the sidewalk.

This whole scenario might explain why none of my neighbors want to be my friend.

1 Maggie ONeil September 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

hahha i love jamie, and i love that girl in red’s face is too perfect above

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

we need you to come join, magalicious.

3 Amber K September 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm

lol. I am not friends with any of my neighbors either, but that’s mostly for my sanity. I can’t wait to get out of apartments!
Amber K recently posted..What I Ate “Wednesday”My Profile

4 Emily September 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Haha…I thought I was the only one! I’ve been totally scared to admit it but I can’t get that dang song out of my head!
Emily recently posted..Running, Stanford, a Random Splattering of ThoughtsMy Profile

5 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Friends like that are the best!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..5 mile run + Salem photoshootMy Profile

6 Heather @ Heather's Dish September 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm

if we were neighbors and i saw that i’d TOTALLY want to be BFF. seriously :)
Heather @ Heather’s Dish recently posted..Bless Your HeartMy Profile

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

you just need to move East. ;)

8 Caryln @ carylnrambles September 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm

hahah this is the exact reason i dont have neighbor friends, too. well, that and the fact that most of them are 65+. one is convinced my name is carol and the other likes to talk to me about his gallbladder……
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..A Love LetterMy Profile

9 christina September 19, 2012 at 3:27 pm

oh i just love yall.

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

still waiting on you to come play. justsayin.

11 Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans September 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Wine and ab workouts sound like a magical combination!
If I was your neighbor I would totally be friends with you (I love candy corn, and running, and cheesy pop music)!
Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans recently posted..Scenes from the Watauga County Farmer’s Market (9/15)My Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

time for you to move to VAB I think.

13 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife September 19, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Did you know that they shot that whole music video in one take? I heard that on CMT the other day! CRAZY!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:57 am

woah! that’s pretty cool.

15 Jamie September 19, 2012 at 6:21 pm

tehehe i love this and you!!! i am hoping you want to dance i mean run around the neighborhood tomorrow, too!! candy corns in butts

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:57 am

haahaha out of contexts, that’s…….. special. ;) SEE YOU LATER ON.

17 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Aw, haha, too funny! I love that song!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Wedding Recap: The GuysMy Profile

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm

But at least you can entertain yourself, right?? ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Why didn’t I think of that?My Profile

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I wish we could jam to that song together. When I’m in my car, I seriously change the radio station every two seconds to any radio station that might possibly play that song.

But what’s up with the animal costumes? I don’t get it.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fall bucket listMy Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:56 am

I THIIIINK it’s supposed to be her stuffed animals jamming. At least in my world that’s what’s going on.

21 Katie September 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Every one at school says I remind them of sweet Tay Tay. Every one at school hates Taylor Swift. Maybe this is why I have no friends at school? At least we have each other.

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:45 am

TOLD YOU. You are my little Tay Tay. And I love you anyway.

23 Sarah B. September 19, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I’m freaking ob-sessed with T-Swift’s new jam!! I have a gift of ruining music for others (so gifted that my college roommate made a CD for her boyfriend titled, “songs sarah’s ruined for me”) and you better believe I’m playing this one into the ground!
Sarah B. recently posted..Midweek MotivationMy Profile

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:45 am

hahaha. that is quite an accomplishment!

25 Marielle September 20, 2012 at 1:08 am

Lol I actually have that dang song stuck in my head right now and I swore I wouldn’t download it, but I think that might happen soon. Taylor swift wins again!

26 Kelsey September 20, 2012 at 1:25 am

I am obsessed with making neigbbor friends! Unfortunately almost all have kids so I’m definitely the odd man out :(
Kelsey recently posted..Comment on Paperback Love by BethaneyMy Profile

27 Julie @ There and Back Again September 20, 2012 at 9:09 am

Totally thought this song couldn’t be catchier… and then HANSON COVERED IT. True story.
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Back on Dry LandMy Profile

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2012 at 11:44 am

oh. no. you just created a monster over here.

29 Julie @ There and Back Again September 20, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I know right?! Gotta respect a boy band that didn’t peak in 1999.
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Back on Dry LandMy Profile

30 Rachel September 20, 2012 at 11:21 am

hahaha all my neighbors are either too old or too young and the young ones look at me like I’m crazy most of the time haha
Rachel recently posted..Attack of the SpidersMy Profile

31 Alyssa September 27, 2012 at 10:48 pm

That T Swift song is just too catchy and speeds up your runs! Love it :)
Alyssa recently posted..Fitbloggin Recap Part IIMy Profile