We Be Jammin’

September 27, 2012 · 7 comments

I never updated you all on how my callback auditions went.

That’s Jamie curling my hair for auditions. She’s my handy little curling machine.

Although I’m disappointed I won’t be playing Amneris in Aida, I’m having a lot of fun in dance rehearsals as a member of the supporting cast. You know if the duck face, hip thrusts, and rolling around on a stage is involved, I’m a happy camper.

I also did a really cool thing yesterday. Our stage is a super funky shape, and I was showing off my splits from Gypsy and totally slid off the back of the stage. My left shin has a sweet skinned line down the center. I AM SO DAINTY.

Thank God I can laugh at myself. Hysterically. I wish I had photos to show you.

This weekend will also be the closing of the show for which I have been stage hand-ing. I’ll really miss spending time with some of my closest friends (and new friends!) backstage.

We were also lucky enough to have the day off yesterday for Yom Kippur. Shalom!

We spent the day “jammin’,” eating hummus, making vegan stir-fry, watching quality television…

…and breaking the bed in my guest room.

As you can see, this is a very fancy room with my top-of-the-line college bedspread, my grandmother’s old bed, and lamps with no shades. We put Greg in time out after the incident.

[Don't worry, we fixed it.]

And if you’re curious as to the kind of jamming we did, check out the following video:

Yes, I had a toy piano, and yes, we got a melodica.

1 Heather (Heather's Dish) September 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm

ugh if i had $1 for each time i fell down like that i’d be a rich, rich woman. at least you were doing something awesome like the splits!
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Barilla Microwaveable Meals: My Moving LifesaverMy Profile

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm

That video is freaking hilarious and that triangle makes me lose it!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Check, Check, Check!My Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 28, 2012 at 8:19 am

I love watching CRJ making it rain on the triangle.

4 Lauren September 27, 2012 at 8:17 pm

That video is amazing. I want my friends to come over and jam with me! I think I need an assortment of small instruments.
Lauren recently posted..Marinated Tofu and Getting LostMy Profile

5 Amber K September 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm

That totally sounds like something I would do. Yay for being clumsy! Or maybe more like boo… ;)
Amber K recently posted..Cheesy Cauliflower BreadsticksMy Profile

6 Rachel September 28, 2012 at 11:07 am

haha! That video is amazing
Rachel recently posted..Hug a Vegetarian Day!My Profile

7 Sarah B. September 30, 2012 at 11:32 am

Purty pic, girl! Sorry you didn’t get the role you wanted, but excited for your supporting cast role!

P.S. When will I ever fall out of love with Jimmy Fallon? After watching this music video, it’s obvious that won’t be happening anytime soon. Sigh.