September Accomplishments

September 13, 2012 · 23 comments

As you know, running took a back seat this summer in my fitness plan. It felt really good to not prioritize running for a while, focused on boot camp, and got in a short run here and there whenever I had the chance. I spent the summer feeling like all my workouts were just “fit in” when time allowed, and I haven’t exactly been feeling like a rockstar lately.

My friend Rob has become a good/bad influence on me. Since I recently got the itch to run back, I started to run long distances a little too often and too soon. Beginning last week, I was feeling my long runs in my hips, and it wasn’t so pretty.

This week was the perfect time for Fitmixer Boot Camp Round 3 to begin. I am now focusing on the daily workouts and getting in short little runs on the side. I am even working on my speed again, and on Tuesday I was able to pound out a 6:50 mile. That, my friends, has not happened in a good number of months. I was a little self righteous after feeling like a peewee runner for a few months.

I was pretty gassed, but finished up four miles in a decent average time. The speed is finally comin’ back!

I honestly probably have the anxiety over my auditions happening that night to thank for that. An extra pump of adrenaline never hurt running times.

Speaking of accomplishments, our first Fitmixer Boot Camp called for The Fitmixer Test, which involves counting how many reps of a series of exercises we can do for a minute. I have never timed how long I can hold a plank, and I was kind of shocked to see I can do a 2.5 minute plank. Say what?

I’m telling you, that is all thanks to Boot Camp #2. I really don’t do any strength training other than boot camp workouts anymore, and I’m feeling good with the results. And I no longer feel like a slow baby runner with little chicken wings for arms.

And if you’re tired of hearing about how much I love Fitmixer boot camp, welp, sorry. It’s been the focal point of my fitness regimen lately, and it’s all I’ve got for ya.

Just in case you’re concerned all my accomplishments lately have been fitness-related, check this baby out:

Such a basic word for so many points. I was pretty proud of myself. I’m a very average Words with Friends player, so don’t scoff at me.

Also. Is this an accomplishment? Or a problem?

And look what I saw at auditions the other night!

Is sitting waiting for your audition next to your face on the wall a good omen? We can only hope. I learned last night I made callbacks for the part I auditioned for, so cross all your fingers and toesies for me.

GIFSoup

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 13, 2012 at 10:55 am

good luck with your call back results! I hope you get the part!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..New Omelet Creation + Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato WedgesMy Profile

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 13, 2012 at 11:29 am

Good luck girl!

3 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian September 13, 2012 at 11:36 am

Oh my, do not worry about the Starbucks’ rewards! I have gotten gold already for next year too. So I consider it an accomplishment!! :)
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Bring on the WeekMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 13, 2012 at 11:55 am

so, tell me.. are the perks awesome? or is it just an incentive to make you spend moooore money?

5 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian September 13, 2012 at 12:01 pm

You get good promotions and coupons in the email. Plus it’s fun to get the card with your name on it. It’s nice for the free syrup and refill. Even every 15 drinks you buy you get a free one!
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Bring on the WeekMy Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 13, 2012 at 12:02 pm

saweeeet!

7 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian September 13, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Yeah, it’s pretty nice!
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Bring on the WeekMy Profile

8 Dana September 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm

most definitely worth it – especially if you’re a soy milk drinker (free soy milk!)

9 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I have a starbucks account too! I love when those stars pile up! (:
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..The Secret Is Out: StarbucksMy Profile

10 Lauren September 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

This is a great post and all but PLEASE tell me you saw that Sean is pretty much 100% the next Bachelor?? Like, they have been shooting the promos this week at his parent’s place? WHY DID I NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 13, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I SAW. yes… I saw. And I’m pretty much crossing everything I can cross on my body for ABC to call me and demand my presence in LA for the season.

12 Annette @ FitnessPerks September 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Good luck with the callbacks! Fingers crossed!
Annette @ FitnessPerks recently posted..Abs ‘N’ Sweat Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

13 Sarah B. September 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Holy shiz girl, you don’t mess around with speed! I can’t remember the last time I saw a sub-seven minute mile. Probably junior year of high school?

Congrats!

All fingers/toes crossed for the audition!
Sarah B. recently posted..Songs I’m Loving Right NowMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

I was my fastest junior year of high school, too! I really miss that speed. Why were we such rockstars when we were just little babies?

15 Heather @Run Eat Play September 13, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Good luck!!

And I’m jealous because I only have 12 Starbucks stars.

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

oh, don’t be jealous. just go spend a crapton of money at starbies and you’ll be there, too. ;)

17 Laura September 13, 2012 at 9:05 pm

YAY!! CONGRATS on call backs!! How exciting!!

18 Caryln @ carylnrambles September 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I am def. not tired of hearing about fitmixer because I just started also :). Good luck with your audition. My parents just recently moved to va beach so I will have to tell them to check out the theater when there is a show!
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..A Love LetterMy Profile

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 14, 2012 at 8:19 am

oh my gosh, that’s awesome! well.. we shall see. it’s likely I won’t get the part as it’s the only white girl part and the competition is very stiff. but regardless, yes! get them to the thea-tah. :) I’m actually working backstage for a really funny play, “I Hate Hamlet” starring two of my best friends you’ve seen photos of on here before. That show is running now, so if they are bored on Friday and Saturday nights at 8 or Sundays at 2:30 all this month, encourage them to come! http://www.ltvb.com/reservations.html is the link for reservations.

20 Amber K September 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Good luck with your audition! I say seeing your picture is a good sign. :)
Amber K recently posted..Have I Found It?My Profile

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 14, 2012 at 9:09 am

Good luck with the callbacks! :-D

22 Ally September 19, 2012 at 7:28 am