Agave Cookie Dough Oats

September 17, 2012 · 11 comments

I can’t take credit for this idea by any means.

It’s not even a decent photo. That was an iPhone snap because I just wanted evidence I made this happen in 5 minutes. And let’s be honest, the last thing the blog world needs is more photos of oatmeal.

I promptly threw this on Instagram and was asked for the process behind the outcome. So, an oatmeal recipe found its way to my blog. Sorry, guys.

Since I ran out of my beloved pb2 to add in my oatmeal last week, I needed something else to pump up the flavor. Since I’m usually pressed for time in the morning, I didn’t have time to go through old bookmarked recipes. I racked my brain and remembered seeing an idea for cookie dough oatmeal from numerous sources. After taking inventory of what I had around, I got to work making the oaty side to my egg whites.

These measurements are a gross estimate. Play around with it; I never measure.

• 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/3 scoop Fitmixer Slim Vanilla powder (or any vanilla protein powder)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp Xagave (or sweetener of your choice)
  • dash of salt
  • handful chocolate chips of your choice (I use Ghirardelli)

Scoop the oatmeal into a shallow bowl with half your measurement of almond milk. Microwave for 1 minute, then add the other half of the almond milk. Mix well. Sprinkle in protein powder, mix again. Add vanilla extract, agave nectar, salt, and stir one more time before adding your chocolate chips.

Et voilá. Dress up your oats and eat something that tastes remotely like cookies for breakfast. A little margarine may have made this taste even more cookie doughy, but I left it as is. It worked for me.

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

If I had to pick my last meal I think it would be Oatmeal. I don’t know why I’m so in love with it. It’s just so healthy and versatile!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Hiking at Bear Lake in Blackwater State ParkMy Profile

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 17, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I make a similar mixture with peanut flour / PB2 and some flax – it gets super thick and tasts like peanut butter cookie dough.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightenend Up Spinach Artichoke DipMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 18, 2012 at 9:18 am

Actually, my usual mix is pb2, agave, and chia seeds! Sounds like we’re breakfast twinsies. ;)

4 Amber K September 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I really only like oatmeal if it’s in a cookie ;) Lol, I also like it mixed with Greek yogurt and left to sit overnight. No milk. Just something thick that I can eat with my fingers. If a spoon has to be involved, it’s way too liquidy for this girl!
Amber K recently posted..Are Intestines That Essential?My Profile

5 Heather @Run Eat Play September 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’ve made a similar recipe, but I need to try it with agave and protein powder! Looks delicious! And anything with the word cookie in it must be good!

6 kelsey @ so much life to live September 17, 2012 at 11:55 pm

haha, I never measure things either! It certainly makes posting recipes difficult:) This sounds good, though!

7 Sarah B. September 18, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I’ll take a new oatmeal recipe any day girl! If eating oatmeal mutiple times a day is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
Sarah B. recently posted..Make the Friday Night Before a Long Run Less LameMy Profile

8 Kelly @ Femme Fitale September 19, 2012 at 7:59 am

Ahhhh, I keep hearing about PB2 and meant to buy some before moving. I just relocated to Australia, and now I’m on a crazy search that isn’t materializing :(
I wonder if they ship internationally??

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 19, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Check out the site! They may. :) http://iherb.com. Use coupon code FOF130 to receive $5 off your first order or $10 off your first order over $40. ;)

10 Emily September 19, 2012 at 9:38 am

I love this! I don’t care how many different photos of oatmeal are running around, I can’t get enough!
Emily recently posted..Running, Stanford, a Random Splattering of ThoughtsMy Profile