The Itch is Back

August 24, 2012 · 34 comments

Guess what I did a whole lot of this week?

I’m slow. I know. I’d love to get my speed back up, but it felt so goshdarn good to get back out on the pavement. The itch for long runs is officially back, and I’ve completed a 10.5, an 8, and two 2 milers this week. Somebody slap me.

But… did you notice something different?

Ta-da! I finally got my Brooks PureFlow I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on. I wanted to get all the miles I could out of my old kicks, and that took a while. Especially since that running stuff hasn’t been happening nearly as much. I’m pretty psyched they came out with purple in the time it took me to use up my old shoes.

Now I can be bright and mis-match all the time.

Note to self: Dressing in the dark at 6 a.m. before putting contacts in does not allow for matched running clothes. But whatever. I’m just proud I ran before work today.

AND guess what else I did this week?

I was that sweaty girl at Home Depot twice this week. I decided it was high time I made my office my own, and I’ve been feelin’ a lot of mint green this year. I settled on two mint green accent walls with tan and ivory accents around the room. These colors were inspired by the following etsy find:

Not that I’m buying nor using this. I just liked the colors.

These guys are going to be used for something. I just haven’t decided how crafty I’m gonna get. I’m also trying to figure out what kind of graphic design incorporating these colors I’m going to whip up for two big 11 x 13 frames. Ideas from the peanut gallery are appreciated, as always.

Remember those fantastic friends I raved about recently? They came and helped me paint. And now I have happy minty green walls. Life is good over here with bright purple shoes and bright mint green walls.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm

10 miles is craziness to me and I run 3 times a week!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Breakfast Food Friday – Peach CobblerMy Profile

2 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills August 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm

love the color of those shoes!!! i don’t think i could pull ‘em off tho. haha! :)

office? home office?

i don’t know that I could run for over an hour without getting insanely bored. how do you keep motivated?
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..Gotta get down on Friday…My Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 2:20 pm

nooope. office office. :) and quite honestly, I used to hate running outside because I couldn’t distract myself like I could on a treadmill with magazines, etc. Now, I can’t STAND the treadmill. A great playlist and an out-and-back loop keeps me going!

4 LeeAnn August 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I have never been hit on more than when I go to Home Depot looking sweaty and disgusting. Who knew?!
LeeAnn recently posted..Good Thing for Cool KidsMy Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm

GOSH, maybe I should have gone alone instead of letting a male tag along!

6 Alysha @Shesontherun August 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I’m definitely a Brooks Adrenaline girl. The PureFlows sure look snazzy though! (I wonder what the difference is?)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..The New Raw Food Diet Giveaway!My Profile

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm

unless I have some of the names confused, the Brooks Adrenaline have some stability in them. :) I asked that at the store!

8 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm

lol okay that’s kind of insulting to the rest of us to say that’s slow! Way faster than me!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..16 Miles O’FunMy Profile

9 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Love the purple kicks and the mint walls!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Friday Finds!My Profile

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I just finished painting one of the rooms in my wall. When my roommate and her old roommate moved in, they each painted 1 wall in their bedrooms. And since the old roommate moved out and I moved in, it fell on me to paint it back. I have a feeling painting with friends is more fun then by yourself… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Link-Up Party!My Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

it most definitely is! you need to go recruit people. or bully them into painting with you.

12 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian August 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I love the purple shoes! I have a pair of purple sneakers myself and what with purple being my favorite color, I’m always looking for new ways to add it to my wardrobe and accessories :)
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..August Workout RetrospectiveMy Profile

13 Heather @Run Eat Play August 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Greta job with the running and I love, love, love that mint color!
Heather @Run Eat Play recently posted..Lots of Eats and A Gone Girl Book ReviewMy Profile

14 Heather (Heather's Dish) August 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm

i am in LUST with those shoes!!! and the room!!!
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Family FridayMy Profile

15 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 24, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I’m jealous that you can go from 0 to 10 in one week! I’m having a hard time building up to 4 miles!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday ThingsMy Profile

16 Sarah B. August 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Love the colors! I’m all about ridiculously obnoxious neon colors. It, ya know, gets the people goinnnnn
Sarah B. recently posted..5 Ways to Squeeze in ExerciseMy Profile

17 Alyssa August 26, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Sarah, I totally agree! I feel like ya just get so much energy just looking at the bright colors :)
Alyssa recently posted..Best Acne RemediesMy Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

word. I wear bright colors almost exclusively. :)

19 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 24, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I love how a little paint can completely transform a room. Great job on the running!
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..To Eat or Not To Eat PesticidesMy Profile

20 Annie August 25, 2012 at 6:56 am

wow all that before work? I don’t mind getting up early to run but can never seem to fit more than 4/5 miles in the morning!

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 27, 2012 at 9:40 am

oh, no… I only did 2.5 miles that day before work. :) The 10 miler was a different day in the evening!

22 Bridget August 25, 2012 at 10:28 am

Dying to try a pair of the Brooks pure shoes! What do you think of the Connect vs. Flow?

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I actually love the Connect and preferably would never ever stray from them, but they are a performance shoe. I was running too fast too often in them, and was advised to train in the Flows and race in the Connects. This adjustment has cured my shin splint pain!

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 26, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Love the shoes, and love the paint colors! Tell your friends they can come to Atlanta to help me paint next! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The easiest and most delicious pasta recipe ever.My Profile

25 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Love love love mint green – it looks so pretty!

And purple running shoes? I die. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It Was a Two Desserts Sort of Night.My Profile

26 Natalie August 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I just got a pair of Brooks Ghost. I love them. The same model (I guess they’re called models…) that I had before with just a bit of updating. I’m scared to veer too far. My feet love them. Enjoy yours!
Natalie recently posted..Nothing Changes. Everything Changes.My Profile

27 Another Alyssa August 27, 2012 at 9:13 am

What color/brand was your mint green paint?? I’m looking for the perfect mint for my laundry room…

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

I love that you signed this “Another Alyssa.” I can’t remember the color (shame on me), but it was a shade darker than Behr seafoam pearl

29 Rachel August 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

LOVE those shoes! I’m in the search for a new pair of running sneakers lol
Rachel recently posted..MIMM#4 Birding AdventuresMy Profile

30 Born27 August 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I have a pair of purple sneakers myself and what with purple being my favorite color, I’m always looking for new ways to add it to my wardrobe and accessories.
Born27 recently posted..Tips in Making the Conference Call EffectiveMy Profile

31 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I wouldn’t say 9 minute miles is slow, that’d be quite an accomplishment for me! :) love the office colors…minty fresh is the way to be
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..fueling the addictionMy Profile

32 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige August 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Wooot! That’s awesome, Alyssa :)
Unfortunately for me, I think that’s one itch that’s forever scratched for me. Though I may do another half eventually…eventually. What race are you training for?

33 Elizabeth August 29, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hi Alyssa!

First off you looked gorgeous in your pics! Second, kind of random but I am getting married next year and I LOVE the dress you are wearing in your second picture? Do you know who made it or where I could try it in?

Thanks!

34 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 29, 2012 at 9:14 am

I love that you love it! :) It’s a Paloma Blanca gown in #4302 from English Couture Bridal here in Hampton Roads. Here is the actual magazine if you want to take a look for yourself! The details are under the photo: http://publications.catstonepress.com/t/24653