The Big Diet Changeup

August 29, 2012 · 31 comments

I usually keep you guys in the know if I’m changing my diet. I tried my friend Jim White’s nutrition plan, I’ve been on the fitmixer meal plan, and lately, I’ve pretty much stuck to the “everything in moderation” plan. I have adopted my favorite attributes from both of these plans, splurged when I’ve felt like it, and have been happy with creating (and sticking to) healthy habits rather than following specific diets.

However, there is a pretty big diet change I have neglected to share with you guys. For over a month now, I have felt more energized and had less stomach issues. I think it’s thanks to what I’m putting in my body.

More Love Grown Foods. Nothing new there.

I still love my juicer!

Franklin Farms Fresh Veggiburgers are absolutely delicious. I found them at Harris Teeter, and I can’t get enough.

Vitatops. Still crazy about them, and I love the addition of PB2 on top.

So… notice what’s different?

1 Jordan August 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

No meat. Full-time vegetarian now?

2 Courtney August 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm

No gluten? :)

3 Courtney August 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Vegetarian?! Go girl! I’ve always wanted to go veg and am currently trying no meat for the week. You’ll have to let us know how it goes!
Courtney recently posted..New Training PlanMy Profile

4 ashleigh August 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm

um no meat!?
good for you girl!

5 Amanda August 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm

No meat?
Amanda recently posted..What’s your Kryptonite?My Profile

6 Kaelin August 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

You’ve gone veggie! So its helping your stomach huh?? I would love to know more!

7 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

no meat!! good for you, I have been toying with the idea of going full veg. again but I really love seafood!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..What should you be feeding your pet?My Profile

8 Caitlin C. August 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm

No meat probably, but gluten free? Except that english muffin :)

9 Melissa August 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Meat-free?!

10 Kim August 29, 2012 at 2:27 pm

No meat?

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I’m going to say you’ve gone veggie!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..What If Spinach Had a Mascot?My Profile

12 Leila August 29, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Vegetarian, obvs!! It really does give you so much more energy! I’ve been a vegetarian/vegan (who eats eggs :)) for 2 years now and its the best decision I’ve ever made!

13 Angela @ Health's Angel August 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I’m going with everyone else and saying that you’re vegetarian now. I’ve drastically cut down on the amount of meat I’ve eaten over the past few months, and I’ve been feeling great. I love getting protein other ways! I don’t know if I could ever go full-on vegetarian, but I consider myself practically a pescatarian (I could never quit fish!). I’m looking forward to reading more about your new changes!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Portland EatsMy Profile

14 Heather @ Run Eat Play August 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm

No meat?! I only eat eggs and seafood occasionally, no red meat. Can’t wait to hear more about it!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Bike Riding > Getting a JobMy Profile

15 katie August 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm

No meat for YOU! :)

Hope you are well beautiful!
katie recently posted..It’s All About The ToppingMy Profile

16 Lisa August 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Well, whatever your doing the food looks fabulous! And your doing what works for you, so that is great stuff!

17 Amber K August 29, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Everyone guessing no gluten reminds me that so many people don’t know where gluten lurks! Definitely still eating gluten, but I noticed no meat. Glad it’s making you feel more energized!
Amber K recently posted..Product Review : Swanson Health ProductsMy Profile

18 Kailey August 29, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Meat-free! I have been contemplating a similar change! Not surprised. MISSING MY TWIN.
Kailey recently posted..Life: Living ItMy Profile

19 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm

No more meat!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Meals Since the MoveMy Profile

20 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I’m going to guess going meat free or gluten free?

21 Alieh August 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm

No alcohol? ;-)

22 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 29, 2012 at 6:43 pm

veggie?? Doesn’t it feel great?!?!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW # 14 Fall Food FeverMy Profile

23 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) August 29, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Why you going veggie guuuuuuuurl? Do tell :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..In Search of a Non-Caffeinated Boost: Energy BitsMy Profile

24 Kelly August 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

All the veggies, with eggs for protein. get ‘em girl!
Kelly recently posted..Makin’ Money!My Profile

25 Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate August 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Look at you go! So many great eats here and I love that you’re incorporating so many fiber-rich options! Love all the veggies! ;)

26 Laura August 30, 2012 at 12:21 am

no meat is my guess… but be careful. I was a vegetarian for about 9 yrs. I consumed a lot of soy (it’s in almost everything ‘vegetarian’) and bc of all the soy I got crazy stomach issues and

27 Laura August 30, 2012 at 12:24 am

I had to start eating meat again. Funny thing is when I started eating lean meats my running time got faster. I went from 9 min miles to 8. Just hoping you really do your homework on making sure you are eating a balanced diet w/o a lot of soy.
Laura recently posted..6 year old singing Eenie Meenie by Justin BieberMy Profile

28 Melissa @ Naturally Balanced August 30, 2012 at 2:19 am

Ooooooh did you cut out meat? Exciting!! :)

29 robfiasco @ run2thehills August 30, 2012 at 9:44 am

more cowbell? er…no meat! do whatever helps you to feel your best!!! :)
robfiasco @ run2thehills recently posted..half day today!!My Profile

30 crystal c. August 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

looks like no meat to me!!!