Skinny Agave Margaritas

August 23, 2012 · 16 comments

You may find yourself facing cloudy skies on a family beach vacation.

It happens to the best of us. But if your family is anything like mine, a little rain is “nbd” with beach chairs, bathing suits, and good conversation.

And skinny margs. Don’t forget the skinny margs.

I promised this recipe SO. LONG. AGO. I apologize for taking forever to snap some pictures of the ingredients and throwing them up here. This drink is by far my favorite beverage, and I wish I had the gall to ask for it specifically wherever I go. I guess it’s my fear of being “dat-da-dat-da-dat-dat-dat girl” instructing a bartender how to mix a drank.

It’s quite simple. Mix the following in a “little bit of this, little bit of that” fashion. I’m no scientist.

• gold tequila of your choice
  • light grapefruit juice (obviously, I use Ocean Spray)
  • 2 splashes lemon juice
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 splash Sprite Zero
  • ~4 tbsp agave nectar (I looove Xagave)

Bonus points if your tequila has a baby sombrero lid.

Go make yourself a skinny marg or two. It’ll make for a bunch of really happy people.

Stormy beach day or not.

1 christina August 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

your face in the first picture is hysterical!! i want these margs now!
christina recently posted..My Favorite Healthy SnacksMy Profile

2 Emily Petersen August 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

i wonder if you add a little club soda to that it would be even better?! it would be even lighter too!

3 Molly @ A Fresh Start For Molly August 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I have been waiting for this recipe! Thank you, can’t wait to try it on a hot day!
Molly @ A Fresh Start For Molly recently posted..Tackling the 10KMy Profile

4 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills August 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

so jealous! i would LOVE to be on a beach. rain or not. and margs? oh yes. alright. that’s it. i’m getting to a beach asap. unfortunately asap may be a couple months. in which case it might be cold. but i’m still going. :)
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..It’s only Thursday?!?!My Profile

5 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 23, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I don’t usually care for margaritas unless it is skinnygirl peach margs. but these sound fantastic!

6 Kathleen @runderbykat.com August 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I’m experiencing a stormy beach week right now as well.. will the clouds/ rain EVER GO AWAY?????
I tried my hand at skinny mojitos but they tasted not.good. The margs sound like a perfect substitute!
Kathleen @runderbykat.com recently posted..Dear Rain, Go AwayMy Profile

7 Heather (Heather's Dish) August 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm

skinny margs are pretty much my favorite thing these days (do i sound like an alcoholic?!) and by these days i mean the one adult beverage i get a week :)
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Weeknight Spinach, Mushroom and Turkey LasagnaMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 10:43 am

psh. I feel ya, girlfriend. and if it was more, you know I wouldn’t be judging. ;)

9 Renae August 23, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Hi Alyssa,

I’ve been following your blog for a while now and loved the idea of the Skinny Agave Margaritas. So I’ll be making my own. I definitely had to give you a little shoutout on my page. Thanks for the recipe.

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 10:43 am

you’re so sweet, Renae! thank you :)

11 Sarah B. August 23, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Family beach vacations are the best! We went to Top Sail Island this summer and may or may not have brought a cooler of beer out to the sandbar and parked ourselves there for a solid 4 hours. It was an interesting day to say the least.

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

Top Sail rocks!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm

oh YES! I love Skinny Margaritas!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Link-Up Party!My Profile

14 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie August 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm

margaritas and the beach!!! YES PLEASE!!

15 Sam August 31, 2012 at 4:16 pm

These look delicious I’m going to try and make them for the bachelorette party I’m going to tomorrow!

16 Amanda November 2, 2012 at 1:41 am