So… When Are You Coming?

July 9, 2012 · 14 comments

But seriously… don’t you all want to come see The Little Theatre of Virginia Beach‘s production of Gypsy to me sing and dance around with a cow? I’m wearing curly pigtails and a skirt so poofy I can’t put my arms down. That’s worth the price of admission itself.

It’s getting down to the wire. Tech week officially began this weekend, and yesterday was our first full run-through with costumes and makeup. I’ve spent over 14 hours in the theatre in the last two days, but I’d be lying if I told you I’m not adoring every moment of it. Friday is opening night, and I’m psyched.

The production will run from this Friday, July 13 until Sunday, August 5. We perform every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.

Consider this your formal invitation to come see me play Dainty June in this (actually pretty goshdarn funny) musical. If you don’t laugh, I’ll reimburse you for your ticket. See ya there. With my splits.

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 9, 2012 at 7:01 am

Ah I wish!!! I love going to the theater and I’m sure it would be much more entertaining with you in that ensemble!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted…Bar Review!My Profile

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 9, 2012 at 7:06 am

If I lived closer, I would SO be there!! I can’t wait to hear how opening night goes! Break a leg! 😉 (That’s what they say in show biz, right??)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted…Bringing Chipotle into my home kitchen.My Profile

3 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 9, 2012 at 7:31 am

So exciting!!! Best of luck!!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted…Marvelous in My MondayMy Profile

4 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 9, 2012 at 8:46 am

I would totally be there if I lived closer! Break a leg out there, I am sure you will rock it!

5 Em @ Living & Learning July 9, 2012 at 9:08 am

that sounds SOO fun – wish I was closer to enjoy it!
Em @ Living & Learning recently posted…Marvelous MondayMy Profile

6 Yellow Haired Girl July 9, 2012 at 10:11 am

I wish I could – I’m such a musical junkie! Good luck with opening night!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted…Just QuickMy Profile

7 Katie @ A Full Plate July 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Good luck! Love Gypsy!

8 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats July 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Mapquest says it would take me 3 hrs 34 mins / 207.04 miles to get there….hmm tempting 😉

Break a leg!!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted…Fashion Friday #12 & Blogger AwardsMy Profile

9 Amber K July 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Can’t wait to read about how it went! I, too, would come if I lived closer. Also because I’ve never even seen Gypsy before!
Amber K recently posted…Weekend LessonsMy Profile

10 Alysha @Shesontherun July 9, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Good luck! Break a leg 🙂
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted…The Sunshine AwardMy Profile

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 9, 2012 at 3:04 pm

If I lived even remotely close (and y’know, not in another country) I would definitely be there!

Break a leg though, I’m sure you’ll be awesome 🙂

12 Katie July 9, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I so want to see you dance with a cow. Come back to CO and put on a private performance for me…puhleeze?
Katie recently posted…Scenes from Sunday MorningMy Profile

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 9, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I wish I were closer to you!!!!

14 Kailey July 10, 2012 at 10:07 am

I just got chills ALL OVER my body reading this! I am so excited for you! And I freaking LOVE tech week. It’s always tough but always worth it.

xoxoxoxox