More Bachelorette Notes

July 3, 2012 · 27 comments

IT’S THE FINAL FOUR, Y’ALL.

(via)

Aside from it being the wrong season for basketball, if you know me at all, you know I’m obviously talking Bachelorette.

And for all the people questioning me about last week’s episode, yes, I am still reeling from Sean’s performance in the Highland games. Or was that two weeks ago? See how I’ve lost all my senses?

(via)

Right you are.

I got out of rehearsal a little after 11 p.m. last night, ran home, made dinner, and settled in to watch the Bachelorette with bated breath. Those of you who follow me on Twitter know I was well aware of the “Sean lives at home” rumors floating around. And yeah, I was already making excuses for him. There was no way my guy still lived with his parents. He’s not that guy.

‘Cause I just know these things. I could feel it. Don’t try and tell me Sean’s not the greatest thing to grace the Bachelorette since Kirk in Ali’s season. Don’t even try.

When Emily headed to Chris’ house first, I was kinda glad. Get him outta the way; we all know he’s leaving this week, anyway. I felt like he had that one lucky move at the last rose ceremony but was still doomed to fail. Like when you’re losing miserably in Words with Friends and have one last triple word score including a “J” before you get your but whooped on the next move. That was Chris. And man, did he not lose gracefully. Really? Now that you watched the episode back, are you proud of the way you handled that one, big guy?

(via)

In his defense, I felt pretty bad for him when his dad told him Emily said she was falling in love with him. I may have been multitasking while watching (as per usual), but I’m preeettty sure Emily never said those words. What gives, pops? Don’t feed into the ticking time bomb that is Chris. He scares me when he’s mad. Incredible Hulk style. “CLEAR THE ROSE GARDEN, Chris is MAaaaAAaaAAaD!”

The next point I’m going to make actually was made by my mama dearest first. Arie and Emily are very cute together, but the race car driver thing is still kinda strange. She says she “gets” the life of a driver and likes the independence she gets while he’s on the road, but isn’t that life pretty different when you have a child? The independent life she had with her late fiancΓ© on the road had to be different than the life she’d have now with at least one child at home. But, again, I have yet to pop out little boppers of my own, so what do I know? And Arie’s family didn’t thrill me. I didn’t hate ’em, but I didn’t love when they decided to speak whatever language they were speaking (yup, too lazy to look it up) and completely leave Emily to cross her eyes and blow raspberries by herself in the corner.

And fine. I admit it, I was wrong about Jef with one F. He’s so goshdarn adorable with Emily, and I think I’ve converted to Team Jef for Emily. His outrageously Mormon family seemed to really fit Emily well, his date with her (as well as last week’s date) was perfect for them, and I got teary-eyed when he read her that note. I wasn’t quite buying what Jef was selling in the beginning of this showdown, but I think he and Emily’s personalities suit each other pretty perfectly.

(via)

You do that, Jef with one F. Go on witcho’ bad self.

When Jef’s brother told him he felt like he has never seen Jef “want those things before” in regards to being a father, it got me thinking. I know it’s possible to never realize you want something before meeting someone you feel you may want to spend the rest of your life with. When you fall in love with someone, things that are important to them can become important to you. When that person you love comes as a package deal with an aspect of life that could completely turn yours upside-down, sometimes, you’re willing to switch gears and align yourselves to their life. Those things that they hold valuable can very easily become something you want, too. I feel ya on this one, Jef. I’ll give you a passionate bro-five for that one.

(via)

And if that didn’t make any sense, I’ll just assume Jef and I have our own little language on that one. He’d get it. Right, Jef with one F?

Aaaand then there was my homeboy, Sean. I’m tellin’ ya, he gets better every week. I loved getting to see his sistah-sistah up there on T.V., I adore his niece’s little cottage (WHAT THE WHAT? Where was that on my fifth birthday, Mom and Dad?), and I was preeetty sure he was playing a joke on Emily right when he said the words “I still live here.” You’ve gotta be more convincing, Sean. The cookie crumbles beside the milk were too much. I did like the naming-the-stuffed-animals touch, though. That was a nice addition.

And after he played that joke, I decided he’s even more perfect for me than I thought. Sealed with the awesome running-after-the-car-to-grab-one-more-kiss. I will selfishly admit I’m hoping he’s going home next week so I can claim him. Hear that, Sean? Texas called. It said I haven’t been to visit in a while and I’m overdue.

(via)

1 Laura July 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

i’m pretty sure Emily did say she was falling in love with chris to his dad but… girl, that’s just mean. we all know that’s not true.

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Here’s my deal – so glad Chris is out of the running. He was kind of scary if you ask me – his temper did not sit well with me. I’m not sure I’m on Team Arie, even though a lot of people are. His family didn’t “wow” me and I’m not sure Emily was feeling them either. I absolutely freaking love Jef – the only thing I don’t know is if his religion is a problem for Emily. If she’s super Christian, it might be a deal breaker for her. Aaaand which brings me to Sean – I just freaking love him. His family was playful and super funny, and I could see Ricki playing with his niece in the huge playhouse.

Glad we could have that talk.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..good pancakesMy Profile

3 melissa July 3, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I’m Mormon! I think she is going to have a pretty hard decision between Jef and Sean (because we all know Arie is next!)

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 3, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I’ve been team Jef since day 1. I just love him! And if you’re someone who likes spoilers, you can find out who “wins” on realitysteve.com. But ONLY go if you want to know what happens in the end. Because there’s no way to avoid that spoiler if you go to his site!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..It tastes too good to be healthy!My Profile

5 Lindsay @ Conscious Cravings July 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I totally heart Sean too and I’m sort of hoping he gets kicked off so I can have him here in Texas. I definitely need something to get me even hotter in this awful heat haha.
Lindsay @ Conscious Cravings recently posted..Snow in the SummerMy Profile

6 meg July 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm

girl, we’re gonna have to fight over sean haha isnt he the best? i was thinkin the same thing last night- “send him home next week so i can go find him!’ haha. You KNOW if she doesnt pick him he would make a great bachelor though!!

7 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Haha I love this. Although I do agree, Jef has grown on me and I almost died when he read her that note. But I know for a fact that Arie is going to be the one. His family didn’t really “wow” me either, but they have that connection and they have had it for a while. I could tell from one of the first episodes, and it’s obvious how in love with each other they already are! I think she loves Jef, but it’s kind of like an Ashley and Ben. Everyone knew that JP was the one, but she still cared for Ben.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..DA ActiveMy Profile

8 Lauren Rees July 3, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I am so team Sean. I even think that somehow it is staged that she (and he) knows that they will be together in the end. I mean when the last rose came down to Sean and Chris, Sean was smirking…like dude I have got this on lock.
I don’t LOVE Arie because hes always talking to her while making out with her and like gushy gushy or something. However, my husband is convinced that she “wants to bone Arie but marry Sean”. Yeah, ok.
Jef with one F is ehhhh. He seems a little out there and possibly immature.
Team Sean or bust.

9 Lisa July 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

I want to date Sean right this instant. He is the cutest cutie ever. Oh boy, does Sean ever have a man key. I read reality Steve and he finally revealed who will be the winner, so I’m keeping it silent over on here. I definitely like all the guys right now, so would be happy if she picked any of them.
Lisa recently posted..Choosing happinessMy Profile

10 Tina @ Best Body Fitness July 4, 2012 at 7:30 am

Yep. Sean is pretty awesome all around. I’m rooting for you two love birds. πŸ™‚
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Simple Things ABCsMy Profile

11 Tayla @ She'll Be Free July 4, 2012 at 8:12 am

Hahahaha this is so great! I am addicted to the bachelorette as well and LOVE Sean but Jef is pretty awesome too! You’re so funny, I loved reading this and your thoughts..I’m so glad Chris went home, he was a weirdo.

12 Emily July 4, 2012 at 9:23 pm

ahhh, i Knew chris was going home this week too – i even missed his hometown date while watching, but i felt it deep down too. and omg. the final three – how is she ever going to pick, i seriously love them all. whoa
Emily recently posted..Always RememberMy Profile

13 Lizzie July 5, 2012 at 4:18 am

This is really a great post for all of us.. Actually, I hope this can be an inspiration for all of us.. Anyway, thank you for this and for the photos as well..
Lizzie recently posted..GoPro HD HeroMy Profile

14 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats July 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

Perfect recap, as per usual! Unfortunately I didn’t have power all week due to a crazy nutzo storm (just got it back last night) and missed this week’s episode! GRRRRR! However, your recap was absolutely perfect for filling me in, commentary included πŸ˜‰
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..WIAW #10My Profile

15 Julie July 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

I know I’m late on commenting, but I LOVE THIS POST! Soooo funny! I had to laugh when you said Sean is the best thing since Kirk because I met Kirk and he is THE NICEST guy ever!!!!! And a personal trainer in real life too boot. πŸ˜‰ Also, I somehow managed to meet Arie a couple of weeks ago and he is pretty gorg in real life, although a bit feminine. However, since meeting him I feel like it’s my personal mission to let everyone know that he’s not a real race car driver anymore – he works for “Indy Experience” or something like that doing marketing stuff. So yeah, there’s my rant…hoping when I meet the third contestant from teh bachelorette I will score some digits! LOL

16 Michelle @ Blogitness July 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I’m definitely rooting for Sean!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Baked Parmesan TomatoesMy Profile

17 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola July 5, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Love your Bachelor commentary! I was glad to see Chris go home this week- his small eyes kind of freak me out and he was too young for Emily! I love Arie because I’m a big Indy car fan… well that and the fact that he’s gorgeous and looks like an amazing kisser. I also think Jef is really sweet with her and I started tearing up at that letter! But I wonder if his faith will be an issue?! And Sean really is great… I think that’s who she’ll end up with!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Wordless Week and WeekendMy Profile

18 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath July 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

So glad Chris is gone–I think I’m rooting for Sean now. Jef is a close second in my book.

19 julie July 9, 2012 at 9:15 pm

i wish you were over my house right now watching with me..