Eats Lately

July 16, 2012 · 24 comments

As you know, my silly ribs had me taking a brief hiatus from boot camp and running last week. I tried hard to keep my diet pretty healthy while my exercise was limited, and with my crazy rehearsal schedule, there were a whole lotta meal repeats around here.

I can now happily say I’m back in the game and working a run and boot camp into my days. I don’t have rehearsal anymore on weekdays (sob), so I can spend all day working out of I really want to. Hellooo, heaven.

And since my blogging time is also limited, I’m just gonna hit you guys with a bunch of iPhone photos of my latest meal habits. You’re welcome.

Yogurt bowls hit sure do the spot on hot summer days, don’t they? Chobani + Love Grown Foods granola = the perfect summertime afternoon snack or lunch.

And then there’s Badass Coffee. Be still my heart; I adore their frozen coffee. And their acaí berry fruit bowl is as delicious as it looks.

Dinner has been increasingly sporadic between friend time and performance schedules. When I’ve been cooking at home, I’ve been enjoying this new find:

If you’re wrinkling your nose, stop it. These Portabella Fresh Veggiburgers are freakin’ amazing. I highly recommend you look for them in your local grocery store. I think I found these babies in Harris Teeter.

You can make them into a cute little burger…

Or you can have them straight up with some Laughing Cow Light spread on top.

And then there’s the ever-photogenic veggies with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese.

And by photogenic, I mean not-so-pretty-but-it-tastes-great.

For dessert time, when I haven’t been frequenting my local froyo locations (thank the lord for Skinny Dip and Menchies)

…I have been on a great big Dark Chocolate Jell-O Pudding kick.

Because what day can be ended without some form of chocolate?

1 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 16, 2012 at 7:35 am

Love the eats!!! I’m with you best way to end the day is with chocolate 🙂 I’ve been loving yogurt bowls too lately! They’re just perfect for summer!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Marvelous in My MondayMy Profile

2 Mer July 16, 2012 at 7:38 am

Yes, but how was opening night? Dying to know!!!

3 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 16, 2012 at 8:26 am

I haven’t tried those veggie burgers, but I often shop at Harris Teeter, so I’ll keep an eye out for them.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Monday Musings…My Profile

4 chelcie @ chelcie's food files July 16, 2012 at 8:44 am

those burgers sound amazing! fro yo is always a must i love menchies!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Mexican Sweet Potato BowlsMy Profile

5 Heather (Heather's Dish) July 16, 2012 at 10:23 am

OH
EM
GEE.

bad ass coffee is my FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-VO-RITE EVAH! i really don’t know if i can dramatize how much i love their stinking coffee, it’s the most ridiculous thing ever. i think i could live on it…
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Fresh Raspberry Angel Food CupcakesMy Profile

6 Rachel July 16, 2012 at 10:29 am

omg I love all those things haha

yogurt bowls are my life <3

and those are my favorite veggie burgers! Although I haven't had them in a longggg time, that must change lol
Rachel recently posted..Binging on GrapesMy Profile

7 Heather July 16, 2012 at 10:40 am

those are my favorite store bought veggie burgers! my local market carries them and I usually indulge in a 4-pack on the weekends we grill with friends 🙂
Heather recently posted..Simply SaturdayMy Profile

8 Laura July 16, 2012 at 11:29 am

That acai bowl looks amazing! I am only 3 hrs away from VA beach…maybe I will go get one 😉

The hubby had some portabello burgers last night for dinner. He loved them!

9 Yellow Haired Girl July 16, 2012 at 11:40 am

I want to try those veggie burgers! They sound great!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..What’s On My Mind…My Profile

10 Alysha @Shesontherun July 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Dark chocolate jell-o pudding? I have been missing out!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Guest post: Eat. Host. Run. Style.My Profile

11 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola July 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Sounds like you have been super busy lately so kudos for eating healthy in the midst of it all! Everything sounds great- I’m a big fan of yogurt bowls, but that frozen coffee and acai bowl really blows everything out of the water… yum!! And those veggie burgers sound good! I’m going to be on the lookout for them!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Blow Dry Bar and the “World’s Best Chicken”?My Profile

12 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness July 16, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Love the idea of spreading laughing cow cheese on my veg burger. Thanks!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..How to Bring the Weekend Feeling to WorkMy Profile

13 Heather @Run Eat Play July 16, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Everything looks yummy – I have to get some of that Love Grown granola!
Heather @Run Eat Play recently posted..First Birthday Party FunMy Profile

14 Caryln @ carylnrambles July 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Hey Alyssa! Love your blog.. I have a question. My parents are moving to Va Beach in two weeks and I am going to be helping them move and staying there for two weeks. Could you maybe tell me some cool places/restaurants/whateverfunthings that we must check out while I am there??
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..Yoga, A New Way to Use Your Interval TimerMy Profile

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Every good day should include chocolate in some form 🙂

And I live off of yogurt bowls for nighttime snacks. So good!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Sometimes, Dinner Happens at 10 pm.My Profile

16 Roisin Gordon July 16, 2012 at 10:53 pm

You make me hungry, especially the bowl full of fruits–strawberries, blueberries, banana, and a lot more.. My mouth is salivating..
Roisin Gordon recently posted..Buy the Wonder WheelerMy Profile

17 Diane Lopez July 16, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Wow! You just got an awesome food list! Nothing to choose from…I want all of them…

18 Lisa July 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Come on Chobani, get yourself to Canada. All the eats looks scrumptious, especially truffle oil?! and I kind of just want that coffee because its called badass, how cute.
Lisa recently posted..Confidence is KeyMy Profile

19 Annette @ FitnessPerks July 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Ooooh your eats look awesome! I too LOVE yogurt + fruit + granola bowls. YUMM.
Annette @ FitnessPerks recently posted..Turkey Stuffed Bell PeppersMy Profile