Bye, Bye, Bye, Fourth of July

July 5, 2012 · 10 comments

If you recall from last year’s 4th of July, my nephew Drew stole the show with his interaction with Chloe. The video still has me rolling. If you knew my crazy dog, you’d know she is never. that. calm.

This year, his baby sister, Sloan, stole the show. My brother’s kids crack me up.

Try and find a niece with a cooler favorite song. She asks for it by name.

And as far as Drew goes… well, I’m sending this to the first girl he ever mentions interest in. We won’t pretend like this won’t seal the deal.

All in all, my fourth of July visit at home in North Carolina with my brother and his kids was great. We sweat, we caught candy in the annual golf cart parade, we watched fireworks from the boat, and we sported our Phillies gear (unplanned).

As displayed by Sloan, black eyes are one thing big brothers are good for. Oopsiedaisies. Hope you all had a happy 4th!

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oh my goodness, Alyssa, they are SO cute!! I was smiling the entire time during those videos!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Trying new things.My Profile

2 Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes July 5, 2012 at 6:21 pm

HAHAHAH those videos are priceless! So cute!
Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes recently posted..A Special 4th of July {Gadsby’s Tavern}My Profile

3 Caryln @ carylnrambles July 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm

kid knows good music! 😉 where in NC were you??
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..The Last Hoorah!My Profile

4 Michelle @ Blogitness July 6, 2012 at 8:59 am

Those videos are adorable!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites and a NeoCell Protein Powder ReviewMy Profile

5 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola July 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Omigosh your brother’s kids are absolutely adorable!! How lucky that you get to be such an awesome aunt! (I can’t wait for my brothers to start having kids so I can play with them!) And I love your very patriotic outfit! What a fun day!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Wordless Week and WeekendMy Profile

6 Amber K July 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

And I thought my nieces and nephews were the cutest…okay I still think they are, but I’m a bit biased. 🙂 Looks like a fun day!
Amber K recently posted..Killing Crazy BearsMy Profile

7 Alysha @Shesontherun July 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Chloe is seriously the cutest! Makes me want a little girl – not a baby, a 3-year-old 🙂

8 Lisa July 6, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Priceless. Those videos are adorable.

9 lindsay July 10, 2012 at 9:28 am

go phillies!! 🙂

10 Jessie July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am

Chloe is the cutest thing ever!! Looks like you had a great 4th with the friends/family!!

Loveeee all the phillies attire.. and i love that they’ve won TWO games in a row! 🙂