Tuesday Things

June 26, 2012 · 35 comments

1. First things first: The four randomly selected winners of the new NuNaturals Lemon and Orange Stevia are Molly C., Phebe, Katie, and Lauren.

E-mail your mailing address to me at alyssa@lifeofblyss.com so I can get your goods sent out to you!

2. Last week, I took a few friends home with me to my parents house in North Carolina. I kidnapped them and made them play in the Sound with me.

Boating activities happened, and I finally waterskiied for the first time in two years.

It was glorious.

My hair disagrees with water sports.

3. I officially have one more day left of work until August. I’m doing heel clicks. And pirouettes. I’ve been happily skipping around the office humming showtunes, and I think those who will be in the office all summer want to clothesline me. Happy July, coworkers.

4. I bought a juicer! Fist pump!

And it’s called the “Big Boss.” Even better.

Groupon had a deal for a cheapie and I pulled the trigger. I’m so excited for my all my future juice possibilities. If you’re a big “juicer,” I want to hear your recommendations.

5. I’m going to skip over the fact that my siblings went on a beach trip without inviting the youngest and most fun part of the family. I will show you the message I received while they were on said trip:

I love when I get these reminders that my sister’s girls are just like their Aunt Lyssa.

And then there’s my one and only nephew, Drew:

That’s right, ladies. That guy is single.

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 26, 2012 at 7:26 am

I have a juicer, but I haven’t used it yet!! I want to try it out, but it seems like you have to use A LOT of fruit to get any juice in that cup! Or am I crazy?!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..How about them (cider) apples?My Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

I’ll let you know when I find out myself!

3 Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes June 26, 2012 at 7:32 am

Oh my goodness! Juicers are so much fun!!!!!!!!!! Some of my favorite juices have been created when I just throw random handfuls of fruit and veggies in there (apples, pears, peaches, grapes, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, carrots…)…I actually don’t think I’ve ever followed a “technical” recipe…..they (usually) turn out pretty good! Have fun!
Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes recently posted..Run Run RunMy Profile

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 26, 2012 at 7:36 am

Oh my goodness, your nephew is ADORABLE. I’m sure he won’t be single much longer after posting that pic hehe ;)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Honeymoon LocationMy Profile

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 26, 2012 at 8:19 am

I bought a juicer two months ago and haven’t used it. #fail
Hoping you get some good recipe ideas to share!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Honey Apple Upside Down CakeMy Profile

6 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 26, 2012 at 8:33 am

dang that’s a great price on a juicer!! make me something!

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:35 am

come on up to VB and I’ll make you all kindsa stuff.

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots June 26, 2012 at 9:10 am

haha that picture of your nephew is priceless!!

9 Krista @ A Belle in DC June 26, 2012 at 9:11 am

I got a juicer last year and I use it a good bit, especially for breakfast. I use a lot of carrots and cucumbers as bases, and sometimes even squash. I tried beets but I had to stop at about a half of a small beet. It was just TOO MUCH in the morning. I will keep those for roastin’ at dinner time! I like the combination of cucumbers, apple and ginger. It’s very refreshing. I’m not a HUGE fan of adding greens through a juicer just because it takes so many hand fulls of greens to even get just a tiiiiiiny bit of juice – I think it’s easier just to add them to a smoothie but be careful with kale. My juicer only does kale so-so and gets a little angry with me when I force the issue. Hope this helps!

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:36 am

Thanks, Krista! I may be hitting you up for even more tips once I get my hands on mine. :)

11 Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic June 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Anytime! I’ve really enjoyed using mine.
Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic recently posted..Pinspiration WednesdaysMy Profile

12 Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 26, 2012 at 9:49 am

Thanks for the heads up on the juicer deal! I saw your Tweet and headed over to Groupon to buy one myself :) You look like you had such a fun weekend, I love water sports! Have a great Tuesday!
Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Talk to Me Tuesday: Calorie Counting vs. Intuitive EatingMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:37 am

Awesome!! We’re gonna be juicin’ buddies!

14 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 26, 2012 at 10:11 am

lol i LOVE those photos of your nieces and nephew – too stinkin ‘cute!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Camping Trip Food ListMy Profile

15 Yellow Haired Girl June 26, 2012 at 10:22 am

What a steal of a deal! I have a juicer … it’s old and it sucks. When I have the patience to deal with it and make juice, I love it. So refreshing. But I need a new one!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..I Did ItMy Profile

16 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre June 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

I’m just going to go ahead and assume that you bought me a juicer, too, at that amazing price.
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Gone to the Beach…My Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:37 am

Oh, of course. As a belated bday present. ;)

18 Leila June 26, 2012 at 10:47 am

Ummm yeah. Definitely just bought a juicer.

Blogs aren’t good for my bank account. :)

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

I am a terrible influence on all of you.

20 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats June 26, 2012 at 11:31 am

I saw that deal on Groupon too! I almost bought it, but my boyfriend insisted I should save my money and that his dad “might give us his old one.” Womp womp. Idk why but something about a used juicer kinda grosses me out. All the pulp and stuff might still be in there. Ew! Anyway, I’m so jealous of yours! Enjoy it!

And also, holy cow, your nephew is the-most-adorable-kid-ever. ‘Nuff said.
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..A Weekend Visiting my Family and a Trip to the ERMy Profile

21 Tina @ Best Body Fitness June 26, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I want to go tubing SOOOO bad! I love it! We even live 5 mins from a lake. But kinda hard to tube without a boat. Or maybe I should make Peter swim and pull me? Hmmm.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..I’ve Got Some Bad NewsMy Profile

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

HAHA. Only if you videotape it for me.

23 Caroline June 26, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I took advantage of the groupon juice deal as well! And here are some recipes for juice: http://www.fitsugar.com/Fresh-Pressed-Juice-Recipes-23664876

24 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’ve never used a juicer. But I would probably use the Big Boss
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..black bean salsa dipMy Profile

25 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola June 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Happy last day of work for a whole month!! That is so unbelievably awesome! Your job sounds great! And you are going to *love* your juicer!! I’m all about making green drinks with celery, parsley, kale, spinach, apples, limes and lemons. It’s so refreshing and tasty!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..The Fastest Race in the World: Indy 500My Profile

26 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 26, 2012 at 1:48 pm

That’s me!!! I did an awkward spasm at my desk when I saw, so I’m glad the person I share an office with isnt in here… And awesome deal on the juicer!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A Great WeekendMy Profile

27 Amber K June 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Aw, those kiddos are adorable! I have never water skied, but I love intertubing. So much fun. :)
Amber K recently posted..Vegan Chickpea QuinoaMy Profile

28 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 26, 2012 at 3:26 pm

ugh, so jealous! i want to play in the water too!
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Strawberry Shortcake for TwoMy Profile

29 Lisa June 26, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Your nephew is too cute! And I’m kind of in love with the fact that your juicer is called Big Boss. I don’t have a juicer, I just usually use my vitamix, I’m pretty much in love with that appliance.
Lisa recently posted..Challenging FearsMy Profile

30 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Okay I TOTALLY missed out on the juicer groupon!!! Boo! Can’t wait to see what you make.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Reduce Stress with your SensesMy Profile

31 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 26, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Haha! Love the kids with the call me maybe shirt!
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Four Ingredient Avocado Chicken SaladMy Profile

32 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) June 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I know you weren’t at Lake Norman… I know you weren’t at Lake Norman…

33 Courtney June 28, 2012 at 10:04 am

I LOVE my juicer! I literally use it everyday. The best juice that’s super simple? Try asparagus, pear, carrot and some mint leaves. SO YUMMY. & it’s sweet unlike some other combinations so you don’t have to add sweetner (I sometimes add agave or a little honey to some of the juices).

34 Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog June 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

About to buy this juicer for myself. Happy Thursday to me!
Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog recently posted..Chocolate DelightMy Profile

35 Kaitlyn June 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

i love that I know exactly where you are boating in VB! :) good ol linkhorn bay. so excited to be coming home for the weekend!
Kaitlyn recently posted..June Yoga Challenge: Week(s) 2 & 3 & 4 in ReviewMy Profile