Little Victories

June 6, 2012 · 48 comments

Every once in a while, we all need to take time to celebrate the little victories in life.

Such as numero uno:

That’s a sock bun success. I have Gracie to thank for that. I even wore it in public. Bro five for me.

2. I have been, for the most part, doing really well on the Fitmixer Boot Camp meal plan. I like the flexibility and the ease of recording my daily intake on the MyFitnessPal app. I do miss the high mileage running, but I feel a big difference in the muscles of my upper body. Gimme those guns!

3. Wanna see my new business cards?

I like their ability to capture the “feel” of LOB. I can’t have a business card that makes me look too serious, can I?

4. My Chobani love lives on and on. I honestly didn’t think I could adore the company more until I finally got to meet Lindsay and Emily at the Blend Retreat. Seriously, those girls are the cutest company reps in the land. And I got a package from them in the mail.

5. I have officially transitioned to an 11-month employee at work. This means I get the entire month of July off, a Christmas Break, and a Spring Break. I’m doing heel clicks and fist pumps around my office. Courtney and Colleen have already agreed to come play at my house at the beach… who’s joining in (COUGH Heather, Kailey, Alyssa, Clare, Jillian, Tina, and everyone else… c’mon.)

6. This Friday, I’ll be helping my friend Lisa-Marie move. She’s off to Ohio for her internship year (I have to teach her my second favorite audition song, don’t I?), and I’m already becoming awkward and needy at the thought of not having her around here. Fortunately, we’re getting in a lot of QT before she leaves.

We had a photo shoot together a few weeks ago, and the goofball pictures from the end of the shoot are pretty accurate to our personalities.

The photographer is trying to find a new niche in this industry and needed two friends for a “bestie” shoot. Since girls tend to get all dolled up and try to take their own photos, she figures some would hire a photographer to take some great “friendship” photos. We’re the guinea pigs for her “BFF Photo Session” advertisement. I’ll show you the final products once they materialize.

We have the best Thursday/Friday planned in the history of the world. My main men Andy Grammer and Gavin DeGraw are coming to Harborfest in Norfolk on Friday, so after Groupon mani/pedis on Thursday night, we will be having a girly slumber party, moving on Friday, hitting the beach, and traipsing around Norfolk with Andy and Gavin.

I’m already getting my dance moves ready.

If you’re around Norfolk on Friday night and see a conspicuous blonde space hugger, that’s probably me. Friday’s gonna be full of little victories.

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 6, 2012 at 9:39 am

LOVE your business cards!! I should totally get some for my blog! And if you’re ever in Ohio visiting your bestie…you should visit me too hehe ;).
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Do Anywhere Tabata WorkoutMy Profile

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 6, 2012 at 9:42 am

Aww I love the bestie photo shoot! You guys are too cute! 🙂
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A weekend devoid of nutrients.My Profile

3 Yellow Haired Girl June 6, 2012 at 9:51 am

Cuuuuute photo shoot! I love candid photos like those ones!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..An Unclassy WIAWMy Profile

4 Dusty @ Running to Healthy June 6, 2012 at 10:00 am

Love the business cards. The photo shoot is super cute.
Dusty @ Running to Healthy recently posted..Birthday Filled WeekendMy Profile

5 christina June 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

LOVE the business cards. very cute. we have the same job title! soul mates. i knew it.
christina recently posted..What I’m Loving WednesdayMy Profile

6 Britta June 6, 2012 at 10:07 am

That video is HILARIOUS!!! Just died watching it!! hahahaha!
Britta recently posted..Acupuncture Round 2My Profile

7 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife June 6, 2012 at 10:19 am

You have the whole month of July off? How cool!
PS: Your business cards are soooo adorbale!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..The Rumors are True!My Profile

8 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife June 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

You have the whole month of July off? How cool!
PS: Your business cards are soooo adorbale
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..WIAW 6.6.12My Profile

9 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) June 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

Adorable business cards!! …and can you tell me what you do that gives you a whole month off?? That’s incredible.
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..WIAW: Mommy & MeMy Profile

10 alyssa June 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

OBSESSED WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST — especially a) the kick-ass business cards and b) the fact that i WILL be coming to visit you as soon as humanly possible. love your face.
alyssa recently posted..where we can go as we are.My Profile

11 robfiasco @ run2thehills June 6, 2012 at 10:33 am

love the business cards!! cute! 🙂

also, great job on the sock bun! i do that all the time.
robfiasco @ run2thehills recently posted..i’m blind….My Profile

12 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! June 6, 2012 at 10:39 am

Super cute pics!
and space huggin in the way to go dont ya know? haha… i do wish i could do the boob shaker as well as that guy though! only kidding!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Eating Detoxes, Cleanses, & All That NoiseMy Profile

13 Jocelyn June 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

How do you become an 11-month employee?!?!?! That seems right up my alley.

14 Jessie June 6, 2012 at 11:07 am

I absolutely LOVE your business cards! So so so awesome 🙂

15 Mer June 6, 2012 at 11:09 am

LOVE your business cards! They capture you and your personality perfectly!

16 Michelle @ Blogitness June 6, 2012 at 11:26 am

I love your business cards!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Gotein Protein Powder Giveaway WinnerMy Profile

17 Heather June 6, 2012 at 11:28 am

beach……
with you….
Court….
Colleen….
THIS IS TEMPTING.
Heather recently posted..Simply SaturdayMy Profile

18 Tina @ Best Body Fitness June 6, 2012 at 11:28 am

I’m down for some playtime with you.

And I always wish my hair would do cool things like a sock bun.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..5 Positive Thoughts to Find Self-Love and HealthMy Profile

19 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 6, 2012 at 11:55 am

i need to do this sock bun biz…
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Blog Love: Meeker’s Favorite Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

20 clare @ fittingitallin June 6, 2012 at 12:16 pm

YES YES YESSSS JUST TELL ME WHEN! I WANT TO PLAY!
Also I’m really jealous of that schedule. How do I get me one of those? And a ticket to the Andy Grammer/Gavin Degraw concert you speak of.
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..What I’m Loving {June 2012}My Profile

21 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre June 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Where is this beach house you speak of!??!?!
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Parfait a Day + PB WinnerMy Profile

22 Gracie June 6, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Gurrrrl you rock that sock bun. hottness.

23 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola June 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Aren’t sock buns awesome?? I’m rocking one right now! And your bestie photo shoot is so cute! I would love to do something like that with my girlfriends! So fun in the moment and great to have the memory!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..A Delicious DiscoveryMy Profile

24 Lena @Fit on the Rocks June 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

A full month off?! That’s freakin amazing, and I suddenly hate my job just a little more.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..That Time I Did A 3hr BootcampMy Profile

25 Amber K June 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm

The business cards are hilarious! Totally captures your personality.
Amber K recently posted..The Pain Isn’t Worth ItMy Profile

26 Lisa June 6, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I am obsessed with your business cards, they are adorable! And I’m loving the bestie photos, what a fun idea! I’m jealous you can rock the sock bun, I have waaaay too much hair for my buns to look normal. That sounded awkward?
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #11My Profile

27 Alysha @Shesontherun June 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm

What a fun photo shoot! I’d really need a drink or two before I’d get that silly though! But them I’m sure the pictures wouldn’t turn out that good 🙂
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wisconsin Cheese Tour Part 2: Hook’s CheeseMy Profile

28 Janetha June 6, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I seriously LOVE your biz cards
Janetha recently posted..girls & goals & great news.My Profile

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 6, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Super cute business cards – LOVE them!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // Lemon Blueberry Protein PancakeMy Profile

30 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com June 6, 2012 at 9:09 pm

YAY FOR HAVING JULY OFF…that makes me so happy! Your bff friends are the cutest things ever!

31 Alycia June 6, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I love the business cards! I wish I had an excuse to make some for myself!

32 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 6, 2012 at 10:14 pm

boob shaker right here!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..what’s on your fridgeMy Profile

33 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 6, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I love Chobani too! I like those pictures of you and your best friend — that’s a good idea, and they’re so cute!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW #6: Quick and EasyMy Profile

34 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Love the business cards! You are right. They totally match the feel of your blog.
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Called Out By the Mean Banker LadyMy Profile

35 Olivia June 15, 2012 at 1:30 am

Gavin Degraw is great in concert, you’ll definitely have a good time! How did you get all the BFF pictures in a cute collage like that, or was that done by the photographer?
Olivia recently posted..Bachlorette: Kalon’s an A** but London is SweetMy Profile

36 Melissa Kate October 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Love the photoshoot! Who is the photographer? The link wouldn’t work when I clicked on it!