It’s Friday. Let’s Hold Hands.

June 15, 2012 · 35 comments

1. These things. They will be the death of me. I pop the lid and seriously can’t stop shoveling them into my mouth.

At least I do it one at a time. It’s still pretty bad. That can lasted me four days.

2. Colleen shared this with me via Facebook.

And to that, I give the closed-eyes, arms-raised emphatic nod of the head.

3. Since school is out and the cafeteria is closed, I have been on my own for meals. Lunch lately has been takeout from the Farm Fresh salad bar.

Clearly, I’ve been hungry at lunchtime. The return of the long run left me absolutely famished on Tuesday.

4. I have “The Target Problem” at Trader Joes, too. I always, always emerge from the store with many more things than I need had intended to buy. I made myself a promise that I would only buy what I absolutely had to on Monday, but alas…

Gerber daisies so don’t count. Gerbs are my favorite flower by far, and this happy pink color just made my afternoon. They’re now hanging out in my kitchen.

6. I completely neglected to tell you all about Harborfest! I had been looking forward to the annual event for months, since two of my main men Andy and Gavin were going to be performing. After moving some of Lisa-Marie’s stuff, we decided to catch sun in the backyard with Jamie.

It appears as if the girls decided to take their bottoms off in my backyard. No worries; it wasn’t that kinda party.

We did have my summer special skinny margs, though!

Then we washed up, changed, and traipsed over to Norfolk for the show.

On the way to Town Point Park, we even found my café. WEIRD, right?

We got there earlier enough to be the center of the standing room second row for Andy. He was so great. Obviously.

Swoon away, ladies. Swoon away.

The best part of the whole night was when he strolled offstage and literally sang/danced in the middle of the standing room only section. I can officially say I’ve danced with Ellen AND Andy Grammer… and I’m pretty happy with that.

LisaRee also conveniently pushed me into him. We had a rather intimate moment. I’m also fine with that.

We headed farther back to enjoy the Gavin show, where Seth joined us with some of his coworkers after work.

Colbie Callait came out later, and while she was cool and all, she just doesn’t do it for me like Andy and Gavin do.

I’m really gonna miss this girl. She leaves for her year internship in Ohio this weekend.

Lastly, I plan on doing this somewhere this weekend:

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Love your outfit for the concert! Even salads that large don’t keep me full for long.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Breakfast Food Friday (Week Two)My Profile

2 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots June 15, 2012 at 1:35 pm

haha I love that quote! and your bathing suit is so cute!

3 Emily June 15, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Is that Mr. Chow giving advice??? ;)

PS- Love your bikini top! Fringe is supa cute!

4 Amber K June 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Man I have met Lyin-Az, Drunk-Az and I keep Dumb-Az. I thought I was the only one ;)
Amber K recently posted..I Need Physical Therapy Where??My Profile

5 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills June 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm

are you playing air guitar in that one pic? haha :)
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..who does that??My Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm

duh. who am I?

7 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills June 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm

hahaha are you left handed?
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..who does that??My Profile

8 Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves June 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I’m seeing Gavin and Andy next week! I’m so excited.
Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves recently posted..The Friday FiveMy Profile

9 Alysha @Shesontherun June 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I’ve seen Gavin in concert a few times – love him :) BTW, cute skirt!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..PB Craze Review + National Peanut Butter Cookie DayMy Profile

10 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family June 15, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Love your white fringe bathing suit top! If i had all the money in the world to spend, it wouldnt be on shoes, but bathing suits instead!

11 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 15, 2012 at 2:47 pm

omg that Boaz thing is hysterical. LOVE IT!
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Family FridayMy Profile

12 Sarah June 15, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Aww isn’t girl time the greatest?? I’m loving your swim top and the fact that you and girl friends are chillin outside in the summer with some margs.. best ever!
Sarah recently posted..June Yoga Challenge {Week 2}My Profile

13 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I have a nut problem too. I tried the salt and pepper cashews…wish I never would have opened that one.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Quick Cooking—Even When You Don’t Feel Like ItMy Profile

14 Lisa June 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

What a fun nightt!Haha that handholding video is so awesome, I am dying of laughter. Your outfit is super cute! love it
Lisa recently posted..Friday FitnessMy Profile

15 Chelsey June 15, 2012 at 4:59 pm

You have to tell LisaMarie she has a doppelganger because she reminds me SO much of my friend Andrea. I think of it literally every time she’s in your posts!

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 16, 2012 at 9:38 am

really?! that’s cool! I’ll tell her.

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 15, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Can I get an AMEN for #2? hahaha!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

18 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Haha I have the trader joe’s problem too! Last week I bought a “succulent” aka a cactus. I figured it would be less difficult to kill… I don’t have a good history with plants.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Friday = Circuit Time!My Profile

19 Haley @ Housegirl Haley June 15, 2012 at 8:41 pm

The flowers were totally worth it. So pretty!
Haley @ Housegirl Haley recently posted..Working Girl {H54F#6}My Profile

20 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 15, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Love the Boaz reference. Pretty funny and too true. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A spicy dinner and a healthy dessert.My Profile

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 16, 2012 at 2:06 am

That Boaz thing is freaking hysterical….and accurate. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // What Fitness?My Profile

22 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm

oh my gosh – that is the CUTEST dress!! hottie.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..tell yourself YOU CAN!My Profile

23 Melissa June 16, 2012 at 10:05 pm

First off, LOVE your bikini, where is it from?! Secondly, I laughed so hard to that video and may have to try that one day!

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

do it! and it’s from l*space :)

25 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre June 16, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Um CUUUTTEEEEE bathing suit!
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Meatballs Any Way, Free Nut Butter, + Hometown VisitMy Profile

26 Michelle @ Blogitness June 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

I want your bathing suit! So cute! Do you mind telling us where it’s from?
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Taste Nirvana Coconut Water Review and Giveaway!My Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

thanks, lady! it’s from l*space

28 Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} June 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Where did you girls get your fringe suits?

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

L*space :)

30 christina June 17, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I want to be eating those nuts in the backyard with you and Jamie.
christina recently posted..The Friday Five 6.15.12My Profile

31 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

we’re waaaiiiitttiiinggg…

32 Annie @ What's Annie Making? June 17, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Looks like a blast! I’m totally jealous of your dancing claims too. And a skinny marg sounds like perfection right now!!!
Annie @ What’s Annie Making? recently posted..Happy Father’s DayMy Profile

33 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola June 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm

It looks like you had so much fun with your girlfriends! Love that you were laying out in the backyard drinking skinny margs- that sounds perfect! And your outfit for the concert was really cute!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Daddy’s DayMy Profile

34 Liz @ iheartvegtables June 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm

OMG! I love the Boaz slide!!! I’m pinning that. Like, how perfect could that be?!
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..Revisiting FavoritesMy Profile

35 Ashley W June 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Where did you get your bikini top?! I must have it.