Don’t Be That Awkward Runner

June 14, 2012 · 19 comments

On Tuesday, I alluded to the fact that my injured run resembles “the flightless bird.” Many of you inquired about said running style.

Allow me to educate you all.

1 Nancy June 14, 2012 at 11:32 am

bahhahaa that video is a classic. I love it.
Nancy recently posted..Online purchases, ratedMy Profile

2 Amanda June 14, 2012 at 11:35 am

I feel like I resemble the flightless bird wave when I see people during races. Except for I jump with it. Which I guess contradicts the name. :) Thanks for making me smile this morning!!

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 15, 2012 at 9:09 am

you’re a flightless bird…. with some flight. ;)

4 PavementRunner June 14, 2012 at 11:38 am

This always makes me laugh. I think I’m a combo of The Dandy and Flightless Bird… if that’s possible.
PavementRunner recently posted..Playlist Thursday Goes Rock (Hard)My Profile

5 Carolyn @HealthKitten.com June 14, 2012 at 11:50 am

*SHRIEK*

I’ve seen all but the “flightless bird” in my years of running! Although I’ve been known to make the T-1000 face once in a while… ;)
Carolyn @HealthKitten.com recently posted..Ms. MagooMy Profile

6 Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner June 14, 2012 at 11:51 am

Bahaha this just made my morning. Especially the T-1000 and Flightless bird. Just awesome.
Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner recently posted..things that are making me happy right nowMy Profile

7 Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More June 14, 2012 at 12:01 pm

That video always cracks me up!
Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More recently posted..Rears Handed to UsMy Profile

8 Theresa June 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm

this video just made my morning, thank you!!! :)
Theresa recently posted..Chia seeds and an actual tempo runMy Profile

9 Amber K June 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I think I could like an uncoordinated hippo while running. Which is why I only have to do it if necessary. Like if someone is chasing me or the store is about to sell out of the last sale item ;)
Amber K recently posted..Wasting Away Again at the Doctor’s OfficeMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 15, 2012 at 9:10 am

that is a fantastic visual. ;)

11 christina June 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm

ahhahaha i’d still run w/ you!
christina recently posted..CSA Week 9 / Fun With Melons…and Salsa!My Profile

12 Ricole Runs June 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

HAAA!!!!! That made me laugh. They look like they’re acting in the Thriller video!!
Ricole Runs recently posted..A May Recap StoryMy Profile

13 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Unfortunately, I’ve seen the dandy more times than I care to count. Great video!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Finding Forever (and The Great Gatsby)My Profile

14 Dusty @ Running to Healthy June 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm

LOL! My husband says he thinks when he is running really fast he is the “T-1000″ guy. hahaha.
Dusty @ Running to Healthy recently posted..Clearance Rack JunkieMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 15, 2012 at 9:10 am

me too. completely. ;)

16 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love the visual!!!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Get Passionate about Passion FruitMy Profile

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 14, 2012 at 9:28 pm

LOL the flightless bird is my favorite!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Father’s Day Gift IdeasMy Profile

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 15, 2012 at 9:25 am

Oneword: awesome.

PS- why were you wearing a wedding dress yesterday?
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

19 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli June 18, 2012 at 5:57 am

Bahaha! Funniest thing I’ve seen in months! Thanks for the laugh!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..You Guys!My Profile