Doggy Takeover

June 4, 2012 · 31 comments

Ya’ll know who I am.

My mom has been crapping it up lately when it comes to LOB. You see, she considers herself too “busy,” but we all know what that means.

Alright, fine. She is pretty busy with nightly musical rehearsals for Gypsy. She’s actually been practicing her splits every day. And she gets annoyed with me when I try to divebomb her split attempts.

And since the school year is wrapping up, Mom is busy with a lot of different work obligations. And through the theatre, she’s made a bunch of new friends who take her from me. I can tell she’s happy, but… those jerks.

So, what do I do with my boredom? I hijack Mom’s blog. Since she’s “too busy” to take care of it, anyway.

Β I would be remiss to not mention that this past weekend my mom arranged the best Saturday ever. These friends of hers have friends for me, and everyone came over to play after Mom was done with rehearsal.

Grimm and I hit it off right away. Penny, on the other hand, spectated for a while before deciding that I am, in fact, pretty cool.

My new friends and I played in the backyard for a while to “tire us out,” as Mom says. Then we went inside and had Frosty Paws doggy ice cream.

And a wrestling match or seven.

Grimm’s parents and Penny’s daddy loved me, obviously.

Yeah. I could get used to this “puppy playdate” plan.

Now I’m off to see how much headway mom has made with her lines. While I’m at it, leave a comment for her if there’s anything you want her to cover around here when she’s not “too busy” with life. Do you want to hear about herΒ  Fitmixer Boot Camp stuff and her results? More about life in general? Are you missing her circuit workouts and playlists? I don’t know what you guys like; you tell her.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The randomly selected winners of the Bengay Zero Degrees Giveaway are Kelly and Maggie!

Congratulations, girls! E-mail alyssa@lifeofblyss.com with your mailing address.

1 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm

These darn animals…they’re sneaky, aren’t they?
I don’t care what’s on LOB – I love it all and I just wanna see your face πŸ˜‰
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal CookiesMy Profile

2 robfiasco @ run2thehills June 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm

i’m quite impressed with your vocabulary, dog. πŸ™‚

why is grimm’s tongue kinda black? is that normal?

3 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats June 4, 2012 at 2:05 pm

OMG I love this πŸ™‚ My blag lab Jack would have enjoyed the play date too!!!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Taste of Georgetown & Poolside FunMy Profile

4 Amber K June 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hope you’re having a great time rehearsing! Personally I’m the most curious about how that’s going. I mean, for your mommy of course πŸ˜‰
Amber K recently posted..But I Want It NOW!My Profile

5 Janetha June 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm

squeeeeal! And another Penny!!
Janetha recently posted..birthday bashing & dirty dashing.My Profile

6 Abby @ Change of Pace June 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Cute- I love puppy playdates!
And the pictures were great to look at while eating lunch at my desk!

7 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness June 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm

You always make me laugh!
I have been taking my pup to the dog park and she just looooves her life. Plus, I find watching them play incredibly amusing so I guess I love my life too!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Spiced up Sloppy JoesMy Profile

8 Rachel @ girlwithweights June 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Puppy playdates are the best! I have a german shepherd and he is always much happier when my friends bring dogs with them! Hope everything is going well with rehearsals.
Rachel @ girlwithweights recently posted..Miranda Lambert: Someone to Look Up toMy Profile

9 Katie @ A Full Plate June 4, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Would LOVE to hear about how rehearsals and such are going since I’m a fellow theatre nerd!

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 4, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I can’t wait to hear more about this musical production! When does the show actually start having live performances?
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I think we may have a few boxes to spare …My Profile

11 Yellow Haired Girl June 4, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Oh Chloe. You’re just so dang smart!

Can’t wait to hear more about Gypsy. I’m a theatre addict – but I’ve never auditioned for one before! I’m living vicariously through you.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Setting GoalsMy Profile

12 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 4, 2012 at 5:26 pm

GAH I CAN’T HANDLE THE CUTENESS!!!! can my pups come over too? they need some tiring out πŸ™‚
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Week 12: Baby’s First VacationMy Profile

13 SIlvia @ skinny jeans food June 4, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Too bad that one cannot have cat play dates ! πŸ™
SIlvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Roasted fennel with balsamic vinaigretteMy Profile

14 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) June 4, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Ruuuuuufff. Gruf woof woof. Ruf ruf ruf RRrrrUF. Woof. -Koda

Translation:

Grimm’s got nothing on me. Bring on the doggie dates. You haven’t seen energy until you’ve seen me. -Koda
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Burgushi, Babies and Blackened Fish TacosMy Profile

15 Alysha @Shesontherun June 4, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I thought my dog was the only one who sat on the back of the couch!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wisconsin Cheese Tour Part 1: Chalet CheeseMy Profile

16 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com June 4, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with this post. I loved reading every part of it and loved the pictures but hate it because it makes me want to kidnap all of those dogs…I NEED a dog. Good luck with your musical rehearsals!

17 Laura June 5, 2012 at 2:50 am

Laura recently posted..Tooth Implantation and Facial StructureMy Profile

18 Thalia June 5, 2012 at 5:24 am

Congratulations to the winner! I think now I would love to have dogs too and yours are all awesome! Love these photos here..
Thalia recently posted..Healthy Dinner with Crock Pot GuideMy Profile

19 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 5, 2012 at 10:51 am

They have doggie ice cream?! People have the coolest ideas…

20 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre June 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Tell your mom to come to NYC!
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Parfait a Day + PB WinnerMy Profile

21 julie June 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

i <33333 grimm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me take him home pleeeeeeeeeease
julie recently posted..sweaty sundays, protein pancakes & puravit!My Profile

22 jennifer June 7, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I love dogs now and this is really an awesome post for us! I think I should get my own doggy soon..
jennifer recently posted..Alternatives to Fiverr.comMy Profile

23 Abbey June 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm

The pictures are so great! Thanks for having us over, Grimm had a blast! We definately need to have another play date soon!