Womp Womp…

May 29, 2012 · 22 comments

Well, needless to say, the television-edited version of our trip to The Ellen Show was très disappointing.

I was hanging on the beach with friends and counting on you guys to tell me how it went.

Some of the tweet updates I received:

Sadly, the entire dance scene was cut from the episode. WHEN DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? I feel like I’ve seen that take place four times in my life. And I’m a big Ellen enthusiast. I was pretty disappointed.

I was, however, captured clapping for Mr. Fireman.

Of course we clapped for the fireman. In all, we were shown about 4 times. Ah, well. I still wouldn’t trade the experience of dancing with Ellen for anything. I still consider myself pretty darn lucky. That trip was amazing, and Ellen was the highlight of the entire journey.

Speaking of which, I totally neglected to show you photos from the rest of our time in L.A.

For our final day in California, we trekked out to Santa Monica. I got to cross “run along the Pacific” off my bucket list, ate some mangoes, and read my book.

The breeze coming off the Pacific Ocean is so perfect for running. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t prefer it to running in North Myrtle Beach every summer.

And we found some birdies to play with on the pier.

And rode the roller coaster!

The food we ate on Wednesday was probably the best of our entire trip. Before we headed back to Burbank, we stopped for some al fresco drinks and a cheese plate appetizer.

Followed by a watermelon cucumber mojito…

And the best sushi I’ve had in my entire life, thanks to Katsuya.

And a birthday dessert!

Obviously, the end of this trip was a fantastic time to start Fitmixer Boot Camp, which I am continuing to enjoy.

Where have you eaten the best sushi of your life?

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 29, 2012 at 11:44 am

Yay for Santa Monica! :) And while I may work next to the beach, I have yet to run on it…I should change that!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..CheersMy Profile

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 29, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Best sushi hands down is from Dragonfly in Gainesville, FL. I went to college there, and I haven’t found a place that I like more (and it’s been 7 years).

Can you believe I forgot to watch Ellen?? Your blog reminded me at 3:20, and by 4:00, I had completely forgotten. Grr!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An Elvis burger and a jalapeño margarita.My Profile

3 Alysha @Shesontherun May 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I love sushi. Even though we live in Milwaukee, the best sushi I’ve ever had was in Appleton (about 2 hours north). it was a tempura sushi roll with caviar that I still dream about!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend RecapMy Profile

4 Heather (Heather's Dish) May 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm

bummer! i still can’t wait to watch and find you on there :)

5 raquel May 29, 2012 at 2:10 pm

also @ Katsuya! i was there about 5 years ago and it still hasn’t been beat!

6 Liz @ Southern Charm May 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Right here in New Orleans, actually! There is this place called Rock N Sake. Wow .. words cannot describe how amazing it is … and it’s worth the 45 minute waits!!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Don’t Mess With Texas, Part DosMy Profile

7 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 29, 2012 at 2:31 pm

That looks like such a fun time. I enjoyed the pier out there – such gorgeous views! Of course, if I had ordered that cheese plate when I was in LA, I would have enjoyed that too. ;) Cheese and I are pretty close.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..What Willpower?My Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm

me too. we’re tight.

9 Amber K May 29, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I’m not a sushi fan, but what a bummer that they cut so much from Ellen! I got busy and didn’t realize until after it was over that I hadn’t remembered to record it. Even though you remind me and everything! I swear I remember nothing if I don’t write it down.
Amber K recently posted..Memorial DayMy Profile

10 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm

What on earth is that first sushi roll wrapped in???
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..not tuesday trainerMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm

RICE PAPER! but it’s not paper-y. it’s soft and so delicious.

12 Michelle @ Blogitness May 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Your trip looks like it was so much fun!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Aspaeris Pivot Shorts Review and Giveaway!My Profile

13 Lisa May 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

What a bummer. I watched the show, but didn’t get to see you at all. I guess I missed the clip before the firefighter. I still think its pretty swell that you got to go to the Ellen show, I’m incredibly jealous. Sounds like it was an absolute blast regardless!
Lisa recently posted..Italian turkey burgers + hangover toastMy Profile

14 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 29, 2012 at 5:43 pm

The best sushi I’ve eaten is at a place near my grandma’s house in Michigan. So random, I know, but the prices are so cheap, and the food is so good!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Just Get Rid of Him AlreadyMy Profile

15 Liz @ iheartvegtables May 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Whyyyyy would they cut that out!?!! that’s craziness. I mean, you were basically the celebrity guest! I bet you had more people looking for you than anyone else!!! ;)
Liz @ iheartvegtables recently posted..The Blog Facelift & Festive CheesecakesMy Profile

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 30, 2012 at 8:18 am

hahaha. I totally should have told them that. I’m sure they THEN wouldn’t have cut it out. ;)

17 Karyle May 30, 2012 at 6:21 am

I love this adventure! The photos are even really awesome and it looks like an interesting place too.. I just love this post so much!
Karyle recently posted..Travel TomatoMy Profile

18 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 30, 2012 at 9:34 am

aww bummer about the dance scene!!
butlooks like you and mom had fun! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Fifty Shades of F’d UpMy Profile

19 Carol May 30, 2012 at 9:38 am

I bet you enjoy adventure!! The pictures looks great. the place is really amazing. thanks for sharing.

20 Jordan Cottrell May 31, 2012 at 10:13 pm

AHH your sweet mom! and your life! I’m so excited I found your blog I lovee reading about all of your fun adventures :) You’re beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your journey with people! :)

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 1, 2012 at 10:26 am

AAAHHHH, JORDAN, how did you find me?! :) I love it!

22 Jordan Cottrell June 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Through Pinterest! It recommended I follow you, I think since it’s connected to facebook and were friends. Somehow that lead me here and I was so excited to see all the fun things you do! :) so neat!