The Cast List is Up

May 30, 2012 · 37 comments

The Gypsy cast list is up, and I am so, so excited to tell you guys where my name appears.

I get to play the “5’2″ bundle of dynamite, Daintyyyyy Juuuuune!”

I’m psyched. June is the feisty, angry child star who eventually runs away with a boy after her mother makes her perform the same obnoxious number for years and years. In poofy dresses and bloomers. I get to yell a lot, do splits and cartwheels, squeal. And be really angry.

(original via)

And I’m we’re just gonna work with the fact that I’m a 5’9″ bundle of dynamite.

(via)

Last night was the first night of rehearsals. It’s going to be a blast, but gosh, am I going to be busy.

Speaking of busy, did you want some scenes from the weekend?

A Shore Drive sunset

A serious autocorrect fail

And then we found a sauna and took photos?

Lots of sunshine and SPF for Memorial Day Weekend.

I spy some Boulder, CO Oogies beach snacks!

And then there was this.

You can think me for that later.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 30, 2012 at 10:52 am

Congrats – sounds like you’ll have a blast!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Food CollageMy Profile

2 Emily May 30, 2012 at 10:56 am

omg omg omg, congratulations! that is soooo exciting! can’t wait to hear more about it!
Emily recently posted..MDWMy Profile

3 robfiasco @ run2thehills May 30, 2012 at 10:58 am

congrats! i expect a 5 star review. or is it 4 stars? hrmmm…

i don’t appreciate you putting up that picture of me. i at least wanted to show off my new sandals. i am looking pretty tan though…. :)

i lol’d for real at that auto-correct. that’s not the place to put dirty hair.
robfiasco @ run2thehills recently posted..i should start going to the gym earlier….My Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 30, 2012 at 11:06 am

I mean, I know you’ve gotta get that inner thigh tan and all, but…

5 clare @ fittingitallin May 30, 2012 at 11:02 am

CONGRATS lady!! i want videos. need to hear you sing

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

haaha I DO have a video of my audition song I taped for my mama. if you’re real desperate, DM me yo numba. ;)

7 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn May 30, 2012 at 11:20 am

You should send your autocorrect fail into Ellen for her Clumsy Thumbsy segment!!!
Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn recently posted..Pinterest WednesdayMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’M GONNA.

9 Michelle @ Blogitness May 30, 2012 at 11:24 am

Congrats! I can’t wait to read about it!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Aspaeris Pivot Shorts Review and Giveaway!My Profile

10 christina May 30, 2012 at 11:39 am

Congratulations on the casting!!!
christina recently posted..Workout WednesdayMy Profile

11 katie May 30, 2012 at 11:39 am

Congrats girl! I wish I could actually go see the play too!!! <3
katie recently posted..Lots of loving {wednesday}My Profile

12 Alysha @Shesontherun May 30, 2012 at 11:44 am

That autocorrect was hilarious :) BTW, someone needs to tell that man to close his legs! GAG!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter: My New ObsessionMy Profile

13 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife May 30, 2012 at 11:57 am

Congrats on the part!

14 Melissa Zuerner May 30, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Congrats! You still look super tan, what are you using?

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 30, 2012 at 1:54 pm

L’Oreal Sublime Bronze. :)

16 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre May 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Congrats!!!

Thanks for sharing a picture of that hottie on the beach.
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..WIAW: Rainbow Minus the BlueMy Profile

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Congrats, girl!! You’re going to have a lot on your plate, but I know you’re going to have a blast!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicken Pesto Personal PizzaMy Profile

18 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Looks like a fun weekend. I totally need some beach time. Then again, when do I not need beach time?
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Swimming… or at least not drowningMy Profile

19 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Wow that is amazing! I am excited for your updates.
Beach…oh I love the beach. Looks like you had a ton ‘o fun.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Garlic Scapes: My New Best FriendMy Profile

20 Amber K May 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Congratulations!! That’s awesome. I have heard of the musical, but haven’t actually seen it.
Amber K recently posted..Anatomy of a Panic AttackMy Profile

21 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Omigosh girl, congratulations on following your passion and getting a part in Gypsy! You will be fantastic! And I love the music from The Last 5 years, what a great audition song!!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..What to Wear Wednesday: Hot PinkMy Profile

22 RunEatRepeat May 30, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Congrats on the part!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Ask a Monican for Organic ApricotsMy Profile

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 30, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Congratulations! Also, I wish I had abs like yours. What’s your ab workout routine??
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Ready or Not, Here We GoMy Profile

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 31, 2012 at 8:18 am

you’re sweet. I’d have to give credit to the Bender Ball! the fitmixer boot camp also has some abwork in there, but I do crunches with the Bender Ball almost daily. :)

25 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 1, 2012 at 11:21 am

My college roommate used to do her Bender Ball workout daily. I might have to give it a try :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday ThingsMy Profile

26 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Congrats on getting the part! That’s awesome!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–First Day of Internship!My Profile

27 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm

How fun girl!! Congrats! That last pic was HILARIOUS!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW: Operation Eat EverythingMy Profile

28 Lisa May 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like it will be a super fun experience and a blast to play! Danggg, that hottie on the end, why can’t we have cuties like that on the beach here ;)
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #10My Profile

29 Olivia June 1, 2012 at 1:36 am

Congrats girl!! Sounds like a great start to summer.
Olivia recently posted..Rene’s Wedding: HairMy Profile

30 Kim June 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Found this on Pinterest, I know you love peacock patterns:
Kim recently posted..Set Some GoalsMy Profile

31 Megan@ Run Like a Grl June 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

Wow your weekend looks way nicer than mine with the beach and all! So jealous. Thanks for that last photo, it’ll take some time to erase that one from my mind!

32 Kate @ life's precious moments June 2, 2012 at 9:44 am

Wahoo girl!!! Congratulations. I am sure you will rock the part!

I’m also glad you had a fun weekend. I am dying to go to the beach soon.
Kate @ life’s precious moments recently posted..Fashion Friday: Beach DayMy Profile

33 Victoria June 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gypsy!! Congratulations Dainty June ;)
Victoria recently posted..Humbled by a RunMy Profile