So much LOVE

May 10, 2012 · 26 comments

Love, love, LOVE.

I have so much love for this company and the amazing, passionate people behind it.

Maddy and Alex, the co-founders of Love Grown Foods, grabbed us LOVE Bloggers from the airport in Elby, the LOVE Bus, when we arrived in Denver on Friday.

Elby’s got a donk.

And we were all just a little excited to be bonding in the LOVE bus. Courtney, Brittany, Bobbi, Lindsay, Sarah, and I gathered in Elby for a ride to the LOVE Pad.

The above photo may not look exciting to you, but this is where Maddy was filmed creating her amazingly creative marketing videos when she first e-mailed us all to become LOVE Bloggers. I felt like I had to capture this “where it all began” photo.

And then Maddy started throwing food in our faces. The swag boxes she presented to us were filled with Colorado food products, most of which I am not familiar with.

34 Degrees Crisps? Oogie’s smoked gouda gourmet popcorn? Wacky Apple? A Justin’s Nut Butter Bar? Earth Balance COCONUT peanut spread? My gosh, were we pumped.

So excited. We lost our brains.

Once again, I lost a lot of my swag in my luggage debacle, which sucks. But I was able to salvage the 34 Degrees Crisps, Oogie’s popcorn, and Wacky apple.

It’s all I’ve tried so far, but the Wacky Apple is delicious — sweeter and less tart than most flavored applesauces I’ve tried. If you spot in in any stores near you, I highly encourage you to snag it.

Maddy showed us around the LOVE Pad, where all production of LOVE Grown Foods used to happen. It literally still smells like the granola!

Thankfully, the LOVE has grown, and they are now in a facility, Fresca Foods. And we got our own private tour of the place! We were told this is a huge deal — we are the biggest group of females to tour the place.

I wish I had photos to show you how great I look in a hairnet and lab coat.

Thankfully, I DO have a photo to show you how great I look squeezing Justin of Justin’s Nut Butter‘s tush.

I’m kidding.

But I thought about it.

Our Fresca Foods tour was like an in-person episode of Unwrapped. We were even given Larabars to eat right off the conveyor belt, which tasted like cold, gooey nut butter kneeded into a bar.

via

We saw how products with peanuts have their own staff with separate clothing and a completely isolated room. We saw the huge mixers used to throw together our beloved LOVE Grown Foods granola. And Justin showed us around his nut butter-making facility, which is growing by the minute. He explained how the little packets of nut butter get filled, and would you believe he used to fill little packets of his nut butter himself? When we visited his facility, he was working on installing a new machine to keep up with his high order volume.

Don’t worry; you’re all invited. I’ll have a nut butter packet veil, we’ll have nut butter cake, and you guys can throw nut butter in the air as we process down the aisle.

After our LOVE fest, we headed to Chautauqua Park to begin Blend 2012 weekend.

Which will be covered some more in tomorrow’s post unless everyone revolts and tells me they’re sick and tired of hearing about Blend.

A great big thank-you again to Maddy and Alex for such a fantastic welcoming into Boulder. I’m so thankful I had such an exciting opportunity to have a closer look into LOVE Grown and Fresca Foods. It makes me even happier to be a LOVE Blogger when I see the true devotion and excitement of the people behind the product. You guys rock!

1 Heather @ Better With Veggies May 10, 2012 at 9:59 am

Haha – I still have one more day of recap too!! How can so much happen in 1 weekend than it takes us an entire week to recap?! šŸ˜‰
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Cinco de Mayo–Blends & Mexican Crumble Tostada {Recipe}My Profile

2 Nikki May 10, 2012 at 10:01 am

I am insanely jealous of your life! What an awesome experience to get to do all of that! I am so upset that there’s not love grown granola in my area šŸ™

3 Yellow Haired Girl May 10, 2012 at 10:11 am

How fun! And …. smoked gouda gourmet popcorn? Get outta town. That sounds amazing!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Pondering PersonalityMy Profile

4 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean May 10, 2012 at 10:18 am

haha i KNOW you weren’t squeezing his butt…because i was!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Be Inspired.My Profile

5 Danielle May 10, 2012 at 10:41 am

I never tried their Granola but i must soon since i have heard such good things!
Danielle recently posted..WIAW 5.9.12My Profile

6 Ashleysh22 May 10, 2012 at 10:48 am

What fun! While you’re in boulder – go to Illegal Pete’s – I miss colorado!
Ashleysh22 recently posted..Do You Dream of Food?My Profile

7 Hayley @ Running Down the Runway May 10, 2012 at 10:57 am

OH MY GOD. A larabar right off the press sounds incredible. I need those everyday in my life. I must place an order for some love grown granola this week- flavor suggestions?? I’m torn!
Hayley @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Top 10 Reasons Iā€™m Looking Forward to SummerMy Profile

8 Julia May 10, 2012 at 11:15 am

LOVE your blue top with your necklace! Where did you get it?

9 Alex @ therunwithin May 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm

These pictures are great! I am dying to try that Oogies popcorn. I just can’t find it anywhere!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Sorry Iā€™m not SorryMy Profile

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Alyssa and Justin sitting in a tree … šŸ˜‰

If I wasn’t married, I’d go after the guy who created a healthy chocolate hazelnut spread, too. šŸ˜›
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I make chili in 80 degree weather because I can.My Profile

11 Shannon May 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Alyssa, are you trying to put my bus-envy into overdrive with 7 (yes, 7!) pictures of your magical transportation machine??? I die.
Shannon recently posted..Color Run Photos (freaking finally, right?)My Profile

12 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm

hahaha the owner of Justin’s is a cutie..I would definitely get on that..it would be the sickest wedding EVER
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Cleaning out my ClosetMy Profile

13 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry May 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Haha, there is actually a real Justin behind Justin’s Nut Butter?! I thought it was just a clever name.
He is quite a hot tamale, pretty sure I’d be contemplating tush squeezing as well…

Love Grown needs to come to Toronto! It makes me sad that it’s not available in our stores (as far as I know, I’d love to be proven wrong)
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Weekend Fun TimesMy Profile

14 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Still hate that I missed all the LOVE fun. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. šŸ˜‰
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..SpoiledMy Profile

15 Lisa May 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I wish we had this granola in Canada, I want to try it. Too bad. Looks like a blasst!
Lisa recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

16 Stephanie May 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I am so JEALOUS that you got to meet Justin! I am pretty much obsessed with his almond butter. And I did not realize how cute he is. Too bad you didn’t really squeeze his tushie! šŸ˜›

17 Heather (Heather's Dish) May 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm

love the comment about justin’s tush…the funny part is that one of my good friends is really good friends with justin and thinks it’s hilarious that all these bloggers LOOOOOOVE him šŸ™‚

18 julie May 11, 2012 at 10:50 am

how much fun is that! hahaha i can’t believe you got picked up from the airport in granola truck. thats a story of a lifetime in its own. WAHH blend needs to be here next year, no?
julie recently posted..country bumpkin & all over the country!My Profile