On Repeat

May 2, 2012 · 30 comments

Most of my playlists I share with you guys are all workout playlists. I tend to leave out my mellow work jamz and only show you the “pump up” stuff.

[Past posted playlists can be found here, here, here, here, here, here, aaand here. Obviously, I like bullying you guys into liking the same music as I do]

Well, I have two albums you need to download. I’ve had both albums for months now, and I just can’t stop listening. You know when you come across an album with only awesome tracks? That’s these.

(originals via)

Download right this second:

Andy Grammer – Andy Grammer (self-titled album, obv)
                                                Hot Chelle Rae – Whatever

Spotify is a great application for testing out an album to see if you like it before you hit “purchase.” I recommend downloading it if you haven’t already.

Or, if you don’t trust me and my eclectic music taste and don’t want to download Spotify, preview some of the best or YouTube:

Andy Grammer:
Fine By Me
The Pocket
Build Me A Girl
You Should Know Better

Hot Chelle Rae:
Downtown Girl
Beautiful Freaks
Radio

And some bonus tracks I also can’t stop playing on repeat. Download these, too:

La La – The Cab
Payphone – Maroon 5, Wiz Khalifa
Undertow – Sara Bareilles
Spell It Out – Gavin DeGraw
Some Nights – Fun.

What do you have on repeat currently? Besides Call Me Maybe, that is. I left that out of this post because, well… if you know me at all, you know I still have the same reaction every time it comes on:

1 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots May 2, 2012 at 10:21 am

oh my gosh that boy stole my dance moves ;)

2 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 2, 2012 at 10:21 am

Your playlists are sort of phenomenal — you, my friend, may single handedly get me through the half with those songs (especially call me maybe — I mean, c’mon, is there a better song out there?)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Tropical Smoothie RecipeMy Profile

3 Kelsey May 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

CRACKING up at that gif. So funny, made my day.

4 Kelly @ Running Kellometers May 2, 2012 at 10:28 am

I’m seriously obsessed with “Rumor Has It” by Adele right now. I play it on YouTube and just keep replaying it.

And I don’t know what the best part is about that gif. The kid with the dance moves or the other kid wandering in and out of the screenshot. Haha!
Kelly @ Running Kellometers recently posted..A Random Wednesday PostMy Profile

5 Mary Babicki May 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

I am with you on the Andy grammer train. Saw him in concert at a small acoustic show last year… Simply amazing! “Biggest man in Los angeles” is my favorite.

6 Sarah @Blonde Bostonian May 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

It’s kind of disgusting how many times I’ve played Call Me Maybe in the last couple of weeks…I just can’t stop!
Sarah @Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #6: All About Balance {What I Ate Wednesday}My Profile

7 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts May 2, 2012 at 11:26 am

That kid frightens me. ha
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Pirates!My Profile

8 Katie May 2, 2012 at 11:36 am

can.not.stop laughing at that kid’s dance moves. Made my day!
Katie recently posted..Weekly UpdateMy Profile

9 Yellow Haired Girl May 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Mine is a Glee pick. Judge if you want. They covered Florence and the Machine’s “Shake It Out” last night. Amazing.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Impatient WIAWMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm

hello? I’d never judge Glee. adore.

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 2, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Is that how you want to dance to Call Me, Maybe? tomorrow? K. Sounds good.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..What I’m Currently Belting Out [Alone. In My Car.]My Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm

can we please? and make a video better than that gif for your Friday’s post? ;)

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

haha I saw Hot Chelle Rae in concert on V-Day with my friend, and we were the only 2 people who were 21+ and not parents. They’re really fun to watch live, but you have to elbow the teenyboppers out of the way.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Cherry Creek Sneak RecapMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm

ugh! I thought of that, too. I looked up their concert schedule, but was then thinking of the kind of crowd that would be in my company and was instantly less excited.

15 Theresa May 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

i really need to DL spotify–ive heard nothing but good things about it.

i’m currently obsessed with Foster the People and Mumford & sons….sooo good!

16 Amber K May 2, 2012 at 1:12 pm

LOL that gif is the best!
Amber K recently posted..Relaxing and RecoveringMy Profile

17 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe May 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm

AHHH that’s definitely my reaction to Call Me Maybe. Great lists!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Girls’ Weekend at the Cape (Part 3 – Sun)My Profile

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I’m currently listening to Passion City’s White Flag CD nonstop in my car … it’s a Christian album, but the music is by no means your grandma’s hymns! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Every fiber in my being hurts.My Profile

19 Alyson May 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Totally understandable, there.. Those albums rock my socks as well! If anyone knows me, making running/workout playlists is almost as fun as the actual workout! And those albums/songs make me dance like a fool. ;) I’m a fancy dancerrr (real talk)…

Although I have been running sans iPod lately just because with less technology I’m better able to change my form and focus on my technique/posture (just me, of course). Plus, it’s been liberating… BUT–it doesn’t stop me from listening to my running playlists anytime I feel like having a rave fest in my dorm room (or sidewalk on the way to class..).

love and blessings
xoxoxo
aly
Alyson recently posted..Thinking… Life is Happening?My Profile

20 Katie @ Katie Moves May 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Not ashamed to say I’m obsessed with One Direction’s What Makes you Beautiful :) and also Gotye’s Somebody That I Used to Know

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 3, 2012 at 8:32 am

yes and yes to both of those.

22 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm

One of my friends is Andy Grammer’s manager- he’s awesome! : )
Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition recently posted..New Schedule…My Profile

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 3, 2012 at 8:32 am

whaaaaaaat. and you’re telling me this without offering to get me a date?

24 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 2, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I have Starships on constant repeat! It gets me pumped up!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Study TimeMy Profile

25 Abby @ Change of Pace May 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

That’s amazing about your shins! I hope it wasn’t an anomaly and the mid-foot strike is your solution!
Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Wednesday web links…ultra photos, ultimate fans, amazing animals, and Olympic dreamsMy Profile

26 Katie May 2, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Confused as to how “miss me” Andy Grammer didn’t make it onto the list. Also I only know of Hot Chelle Rae (love it) via “call me maybe” pandora. Which I listen to every morning on the metro. Shameless.

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 3, 2012 at 8:31 am

yeah yeah, Miss Me is good, too.. I just wanted to list my top four and keep it short(er).

28 Karla @myhighonlife May 3, 2012 at 10:26 am

I have loved Andy Grammer for a while now! I used to refuse to listen to “Call me Maybe” & Bieber’s “Boyfriend” but guilty as charged… loving them now.

If you like pop-country.. Carrie Underwoods “Good Girl” is FABULOUS.