I Danced With Ellen.

May 16, 2012 · 43 comments

I’m not kidding; my bucket list has been kicked to the side. I’ve accomplished all my life goals.

I’ll give you guys some more details about our fantastic day later, but I wanted to quickly tell you to tune into the show I attended on Memorial Day.

I was seated next to my mama on the aisle of the row Ellen dances through. Is that a prime location, or what?

After a few minutes of audience dancing during the warmup, the audience coordinator, Tom, pulled me up on the Ellen stage to show off my moves. I’m serious. I have proof thanks to Ellen’s online webcam.

The camera shows the past 24 hours on the set in really quick succession. Click here and move the little bar to a little past halfway (right now, at least… after a few hours I assume this clip will expire) to see for yourself. You may also click this link to see my mom and me in the audience.

See us? Middle section, fourth row from the very front on the aisle. My arms are in the air. Of course.

And then, after Ellen came out and played No or Go with three audience members, she danced as usual. As she approached our row, she danced with me to Usher & Lil’ John’s song, “Yeah” for a good twenty seconds before she moved through our row.

I’m psyched.

Don’t worry. I’ll hit you guys with the full, amazing story tomorrow. But now, it’s time for my mom and me to go enjoy our last 24 hours in L.A. 🙂 We’re currently trying to decide between a day at Universal Studios and hitting the Santa Monica beach.

In the meantime, go set your DVRs for Memorial Day Monday. Hopefully, you’ll see me there. 😉

1 rebecca lustig May 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’ve never been so jealous of anything in my entire life.

You may die in peace.

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 16, 2012 at 2:40 pm

How fun!!!! I can’t wait to hear the rest of the story!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Completely worth spoiling my lunch.My Profile

3 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile May 16, 2012 at 2:41 pm

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Opting Out + VideoMy Profile

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Oh my gosh, adorable. Booty shakin’ on national television!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Cinco de Mayo, Miami StyleMy Profile

5 Kaelin May 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Oh my gosh!!! You are a total star now!! Everyone wants to Dance with Ellen! I usually watch her show after work while I am working out. I will totally be tuning in to see you and your momma! Lucky ducks!!! And you get daughter of the year for pulling off this surprise :)!!

6 Rachel @ girlwithweights May 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’m VERY jealous!!

and P.S. I’m in love with your outfit…especially the shoes!
Rachel @ girlwithweights recently posted..Successful Mother’s Day and other Random Wednesday FactsMy Profile

7 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm

oh.my.gosh. this is amazing! im so jealous right now haha

8 Julie @ Running and Riley May 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm

You got to dance with Ellen?! SOO jealous right now! I bet she was even funnier in person!!
Julie @ Running and Riley recently posted..The Best of The Lou, Part 1My Profile

9 Heather @Run Eat Play May 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm

How awesome! Can’t wait to read more about it!
Heather @Run Eat Play recently posted..New Driver’s LicenseMy Profile

10 alyssa May 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Tom is STILL THERE???? He’s my homeboy!

11 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats May 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!! Did I say awesome?

12 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm

HOLY CRAP! Talk about the most amazing thing ever. LUCKY!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Rhubarb: More than just a Pie SidekickMy Profile

13 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

It’s official. You are the coolest person I know.
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..So, Call Me Maybe?My Profile

14 christina May 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm

this is so great. you are so great.

15 Victoria May 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I am so glad your mama had a great time and that you got to shake your groove thang with Ellen! 🙂
Victoria recently posted..Obesity in 2030My Profile

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 16, 2012 at 6:12 pm

That is sooo cool! I’m jealous!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..First Day JittersMy Profile

17 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 16, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I am SO JEALOUS!!!! I love Ellen!!!!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Excessive Snackage…My Profile

18 Emily May 16, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I am currently speechless that is how JEALOUS i am – what an amazing, crazy, fun day you had, so glad you were able to share that with your mom, how special!!!! send of that west coast sunshine back to the east coast for us 🙂
Emily recently posted..Random ThoughtsMy Profile

19 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) May 16, 2012 at 7:56 pm

You. Are adorable. What an awesome time with your momma!!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..WIAW: Eating PaleoMy Profile

20 Abby @ Change of Pace May 16, 2012 at 8:16 pm

That is SO fabulous! Ellen is so amazing!
Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Spring has sprungMy Profile

21 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm

So fun!!!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 13My Profile

22 katie May 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm

This is great. What a wonderful gift for your mom, she is a lucky gal!

23 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm

How exciting!!!!!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Birthday Fro-YoMy Profile

24 Erin Kidd May 16, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I’m beyond jealous! But, I am glad you had fun 🙂
Erin Kidd recently posted..I Have the Best ValentinesMy Profile

25 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie May 16, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I love ellen!!!! youre so lucky

26 Chelsea May 16, 2012 at 10:55 pm
27 GiGi Eats Celebrities May 16, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I GIGI… AM TOTALLY TOTALLY STOKED FOR YOU!!!!! I know how you feel, it’s the best feeling in the world! Mission accomplished! I bet your mom was soooo happy too! Best B-Day Present for her too! 🙂 See, I told you Ellen wouldn’t disappoint!

PS: I hope you went to Universal!
GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..So Long PeanutsMy Profile

28 Lisa May 17, 2012 at 12:07 am

SO SO MUCH FUN! My life would be complete at this very moment if I were in your shoes. I would have spazzed a little bit if she danced with me. It must have been such a blast to watch her do a show!!
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #8My Profile

29 olivia May 17, 2012 at 3:14 am

so. stinkin. jealous!
olivia recently posted..Crawl for the cureMy Profile

30 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 17, 2012 at 9:04 am

I’M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!! That is unbelievably awesome :D.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Boston Blogger Meet Up and New Strength WorkoutMy Profile

31 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Omigosh that is so incredible that you go to dance with Ellen! I don’t have dvr and am never home when her show is on but her youtube page usually posts most clips! Hopefully you’ll be on there!!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Derby DayMy Profile

32 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers May 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm

no freaking way! i am so, so excited to watch this episode! drop it like it’s hooooooooooot.
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..The Many Looks of SadieMy Profile

33 Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness May 17, 2012 at 1:55 pm

AMAZING. Simply Amazing!! Cannot wait to see it!!!!

34 rob fiasco May 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

best blog post ever. hahaha 🙂

35 Amber K May 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Um, that is the coolest thing ever!!!
Amber K recently posted..29th Birthday CelebrationMy Profile

36 Emily May 17, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Are you getting ready to bust out the lawnmower in that clip?!

37 Anna May 18, 2012 at 12:33 pm

SO jealous!! What an AWESOME experience!!
Anna recently posted..Kayaking on Smith Mountain LakeMy Profile