Dare to be Bare

May 17, 2012 · 21 comments

We’ll go into a full Ellen/L.A. trip recap soon, I promise. While mi madre and I travel back to the East Coast today (sob), I’ll let you in on a little secret.

As I’m sure you all can imagine from the many photos and recaps, the entire Blend Retreat weekend was completely go, go, go.

This, of course, allowed for minimal shower time. Throw that on top of our active schedule, and you’ve got a lot of sweaty girls in yucky workout clothes.

I have a special little product to thank for my freshness all weekend long. I bet my roomie and all the girls around me would thank it, too.

Reak? Reek? Whatever. Thanks to my Dove deodorant, I can dare to be bare. It was refreshing to go “bare” all over for most of Blend weekend. There was no place for makeup between boot camp classes and hiking.

It’s my strict skincare routine, I believe, that I have to thank for my feeling confident in my bare skin. I’ve never been that girl who puts on makeup to go to the grocery store, and I don’t intend to be. Whenever I can, I subscribe to the “your skin just needs to be left alone” school of thought. I am careful to wash my face and moisturize every single night before bed, whether I’ve had a few draanks or not, and I wash my face before every workout. If I fail to do so, my poor skin pays the price. By simply regularly washing my face and moisturizing, I can dare to be bare.

I have been wearing Dove Clear Tone Deodorant for a few weeks now. As I have always been a Dove deodorant enthusiast, this wasn’t a far cry from what I’m typically using, but I’m loving the new clear tone technology.

It’s also important to note that I use Dove deodorant as a chafing buffer for long runs. If I run the Dove in all the usual chafing spots, I’m good to go. I’m telling ya — grab some Dove and try it.

This innovative clear tone technology reduces underarm irritation bumps and darkness. Since I know you all want to hear me talk about my armpits, I can happily report I love how smooth and refreshed my underarms are feeling while using my Dove Clear Tone Deodorant.

What helps you dare to be bare?

As part of the DailyBuzz Healthy Living Program, I received free Clear Tone Deodorant and a stipend from Dove. However, my opinions are entirely my own.

1 Christie May 17, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Newish reader to your blog but of course, like your fellow counterparts that I follow.. I love it. Very entertainingly funny, witty, educational, interesting, and fun! (Think I covered it all) About this deodorant….does the clinical protection make you sweat more in other places? This is what I hear but didn’t know if it was true. I tend to sweat at all times no matter what the season/occasion/ temperature and have thought about getting the clinical strength. Thoughts?
Christie recently posted..Healthy Tipping Point came today 🙂
One happy girl right…
My Profile

2 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Yes, thank you very much for not stinking up the place. 😉
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Win A Cake From Bountiful Bread!My Profile

3 Emily May 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm

On me, dove does NOt work 🙁 I can smell myself shortly after I start sweating .. O well, must be diff on everyone

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 17, 2012 at 7:57 pm

i’m a HUGE Dove Lover… it’s the only kind of deoderant that i’ve found that doesn’t irritate my skin and still keeps me smelling like roses. 🙂
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

5 julie May 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm

wow, the almond post was bad enough, but this too? when did you become such a sell-out?

6 Danielle May 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I only use dove. It is one of the only companies that I must have the product in.
Danielle recently posted..The Back Page and a TreatMy Profile

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I still want the Ellen recap. 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Completely worth spoiling my lunch.My Profile

8 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 17, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Tell me more about this Daily Buzz program!!

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I love ALL Dove products!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Semi-Homemade Hot PocketsMy Profile

10 Carol May 18, 2012 at 6:53 am

Since I was a teenager I’m a user of DOVE product. !

11 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 18, 2012 at 7:22 am

Well ain’t that lovely to see on your blog in the am? Haha! Love you!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Friday Countdown–Marathon ReadyMy Profile

12 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 18, 2012 at 9:04 am

I will have to try this! I love playing with new products!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..4 Incredible YearsMy Profile

13 Michelle @ Blogitness May 18, 2012 at 9:16 am

I’m a huge Dove fan…all products!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..First Ever Blogitness Giveaway!My Profile

14 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats May 18, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I found it pretty ironic how you started this post by saying “I’ll let you in on a little secret” when it was a post about Dove! Hehe irony amuses me. Anyway, I LOVE Dove Clinical Protection. It’s the best thing in the world. I hate that it runs out quickly though and costs a lot. Oh well, it’s a small price to pay for smelling awesome all day!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Fashion Friday #5My Profile