Casting 50 Shades of Grey

May 23, 2012 · 105 comments

Can I just be hired as casting director? Because, according to rumors, they’re getting it all wrong.

At least they are in my opinion.

Come on. There is no way 41-year-old John Hamm playing a hauntingly beautiful 27-year-old millionaire.

(original via)

I will be upset if they age Christian Grey and cast some oldie. The 27-year-old aspect of the character is crucial.

And Tom Hardy…. eh. Not “Christian” enough.

(original via)

He just doesn’t really scream “steel Grey” to me. For those of you who are also reading the books/have finished them… do you feel me on this?

And Ian Somerholder has apparently done some hardcore lobbying for the role. I still think he’s a little old for it… but if he was cast, I wouldn’t hate it.

(original via)

Honestly, right when I heard they were adapting the book into a movie, my thoughts immediately went to my favorite Gossip Girl man.

(original via)

If Chase beefs up and proves his acting chops worthy (Gossip Girl isn’t quite 50 Shades of Grey), he’s perfect for the role. Perfect age (26), perfect hair as described in the book, perfect looks… yeah.
And if the horrid acting of Kristen Stewart is cast as Anastasia Steele, I’ll boycott the whole shebang.

(original via)

Okay, fine, I’ll probably watch it. But I won’t do it happily.

Who would you like to see in the 50 Shades of Grey film adaptation? Any grand ideas for the role of Anastasia? Can we all agree on Jesse McCartney to play Elliot?

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

OMG I hate Kristen Stewart and her pathetic excuse for acting (tucking her hair behind her ears)! I’ve totally pictured your gym buddy (J Timberlake) as Grey!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..More Miami MealsMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm

OH. why did I never think of that? hmm.. I’m not sure the curly hair works as well with how his hair’s supposed to be. that’d be taking some serious liberties. ;)

3 Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner May 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

John Hamm can NOT play Christian, that doesn’t even make sense.

And sadly, as much as I DESPISE Kristen Stewart, she might fit into the role of a girl who has zero personality and is desperate. I can see that casting before John Hamm or Tom Hardy.

Either way, I’ll probably still see it just so I can see how they do the Red Room of Pain.
Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner recently posted..my life in instagram photosMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

uuggghhh, I just hate watching her on screen. she drives me crazy and makes me feel awkward. my skin crawls just thinking about it.

5 Amanda May 23, 2012 at 11:59 am

Kristen Stewart makes it impossibly difficult for me to watch anything. I haven’t read the books yet because the library hold list is so long. But from Rachael’s comment above…she’s certainly got zero personality down.

Ugh.

6 Mary @ Have the world on a string May 23, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Ok, I’ve been debating picking up a copy and now I will! I will totally imagine Jesse McCartney the whole time!
Mary @ Have the world on a string recently posted..Shrimp and Avocado OmeletteMy Profile

7 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots May 23, 2012 at 12:03 pm

ew if they cast any of those men I will cry. Chase may play a good Christian Grey! I am in no way shape or form a Kristen Stewart fan and do not think she would play a good Anastasia so they better not cast her, or I will have to boycott! I don’t know who I could see playing Anastasia yet!

8 D May 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Kristen Stewart kinda makes sense…seeing that this book was originally twilight fan fiction (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey and read the background section).

Side note…Kristen Stewart should not be an actress…she’s a ‘pretty face’ with a decent body…and that’s about it.

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

yeeah, I did know that it was adapted from Twilight. I want this to be its own separate movie, though. besides the fact that I can’t stand her acting.

10 Bailey May 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

ahh i read the first 2 books in like 72 hours, cant bring myself to get through the 3rd =/….i have the pdf saved in my email if anyone wants it for free (please do not hate on free books) as for the roles…ugh kristen stewart? wasnt she tolerated enough in twilight? i can definetely deal with ian or chase for mr.grey…as for ana i’m liking emmy rossum…i even think natalie portman would fit nicely.

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

ooh, Natalie Portman could fit the bill demeanor-wise.. but I think she’s too old!

12 Yellow Haired Girl May 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Chace would be THE BEST. I just started reading it this week … and now it will be Chace I picture as Mr. Grey. Yessssss
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Strange Schedule – WIAWMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

YUP. you’re welcome.

14 christina May 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Chase could definitely be the one! Or Matt Bomer. omg so hot
christina recently posted..What I’m Loving WednesdayMy Profile

15 Heather May 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Oh my…
Matt Bomer.
Oh my…
Heather recently posted..Cohoes Founders Day 15KMy Profile

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

oh wow. I could get on board with that. I’ll admit, I had to google him… but yes, I agree.

17 Katie May 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

YES! Genius…he looks a bit like a younger John Hamm, no?

18 Sokphal May 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I haven’t read the book yet, but what Chase would be good for that role. Whadda bout Ryan Gosling? ScarJo as Anastasia? Natalie Portman? Def. NOT Kristen. She cannot act her way out of a paper bag.

19 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables May 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

umm totally saw chase crawford as Grey too!!! And Kirsten Stewart….ew.
Emilie @ Emilie’s Enjoyables recently posted..My Current FavoritesMy Profile

20 clare @ fittingitallin May 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm

OK so I am like 6 pages into the book so I don’t get a real say, but so far I agree with your male casting. But I also think I’m the only person in the world that thinks Kristen Stewart is a good actress. Yes she is awkward in her roles, but that’s what the characters ARE!! Bella is freaking weird, and I thought Kirsten portrayed that really well. Okay the end.
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..This Weekend Was HardMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm

haaha touche. that IS true. and I used to say that after the first movie, too. BUT… I don’t think THAT much awkwardness works for Anastasia. I should have noted that. and you keep me updated with what you think as you read through the book.

22 Maria Julian June 5, 2012 at 11:54 am

Kristen Stewart plays every character in every single one of her adult movies the same way. That’s not acting….that’s just being your weird self.

23 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer May 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Someone said Alex Pettyfer, and ever since I looked up some photos, um… yeah, I could get down with that..
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..My First Parade ExperienceMy Profile

24 Samantha May 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

So I just started reading the book last night and already have 25% of it done until my kindle died. I couldn’t help but feel a little weirded out by his “job” hahaha, but I definitely could not see John Hamm, ew. And ew for Kristen Stewart. I never even saw the last twilight movie because I couldn’t stand her therefore I wouldn’t be able to watch a whole movie about her the whole time. Channing Tatum could be Grey ;)
Samantha recently posted..Comment on Make Tracks for the Zoo 5k by Cape Riverfront Market | My Feet in MotionMy Profile

25 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I haven’t read the books, but I’m with you on the Kristen Stewart thing!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Arnold Palmer vs. Orange CreamsicleMy Profile

26 Theresa May 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

im thinking alexis bledel or rooney mara could work for anastasia…I LOVE Ian as a choice for Christian!

only hoping they fix up the writing in the screen adaptation, bc holy hell those books make Stephanie Meyer look like Charles Dickens….i couldnt put the books down but it pained me to read it a lot of the time, lol

27 Katie May 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Ooh Alexis Bledel would be good!!

28 Courtney May 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Apparently this dude also wants to be Chrsitian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidd_Kraddick

Um, hell no.

Love Chase as Grey, I’d be lined up waiting to see that movie.
Courtney recently posted..New Training PlanMy Profile

29 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Haha I can’t tell you how excited I was to see this post! I just finished reading book 1 (in less than 24 hours) and am officially hooked… omg these books are good. I’m in total agreement though about Kristin, I really dislike her and hope she is not cast! I think Ian S would do a good job (he’s totally got that whole smoldering thing going on) but if Chase beefs up maybe he could do it?
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Oh Mr. SunMy Profile

30 Amber K May 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I have no desire to read the book or watch the movie. But I was cracking up at your “no no no no no” picture. I wouldn’t see it either way, but just the thought that they’d even consider her? HA!
Amber K recently posted..Maintaining Weight LossMy Profile

31 Erica @ Love the Leap May 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Ok, maybe it’s just me, but HOW are they going to make this into a movie?? I read the whole series a few months ago and when I heard it was picked up by Universal, I can’t say I was shocked, but really now. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t go see it ;)

I honestly can’t place an actor to Christian! He just seems so perfect and unique that nobody would satisfy the picture in my mind haha but if Kristen Stewart ends up as Anastasia, I will be HIGHLY displeased.

32 Leslie May 23, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I’ve heard it’s between Ian (whom I would HAPPILY see play Fifty) or Matt Bomer, who is gay and would ruin the whole thing but looks the part. I am so torn!!!

33 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats May 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm

No to Kristen Stewart!! Fifty Shades reminds me enough of twilight already and we do NOT need her acting.

Love the captions (esp. “I can make my palm twitch. I can!”) bahaha
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Sweet Potatoes Stuffed With Feta, Goat Cheese, & BasilMy Profile

34 Tracy May 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I am almost half way through the first book and with all the talk about the possibility of a movie I have started to envision some of my favorite actors/actresses in the main roles. For Christian I do believe that this guy has to be very attractive, sophisticated, masculine, mature and sexy. I don’t see all of this in Chace Crawford. I do like the idea of a Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth… Although when first seeing Ian Somerhalder campaign, I was on board. He really is the entire package. Have you not watched Vampire Diaries?? Dream Boat. Haven’t really thought much about Anastasia. I think it would be nice to see a relatively unknown play her… or maybe a Lily Collins, or Mia Wasikowska. Obviously very pretty, but in a soft, shy way…

35 KK May 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I would so be on board for Ian playing Grey but currently while reading the books I am swooning over and picturing Joshua Bowman…the eyes don’t fit but yuuum!

36 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

oooohhhh… yes. we just need to get him some grey eyes.

37 Brittany (healthy slice of life) May 23, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Sooooooo I haven’t read the book yet. I know, I know. But I already agree with you on Chase. ;)

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm

yes! I knew you would.

39 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 23, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I guess I need to read the books because they’ve been all over the blog world lately!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW #5: Out of Town EatsMy Profile

40 Jessica May 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I never even considered Chasey boy! MMmmm. Good call.
I, personally, sort of picture him as Ryan Phillipe. ALWAYS a good time.
And I don’t know who I see as Anastasia. Maybe like a Jennifer Lawrence type? Beautiful, but in an understated way.
Jessica recently posted..Things to Peep on the CheapMy Profile

41 Heather@Just A Colorado Gal May 23, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Totally on the Ian Somerhalder train….although Chase is looking pretty okay too :) I’ll take either of those two :)
Heather@Just A Colorado Gal recently posted..The Denver Oyster Urban Adventure RaceMy Profile

42 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn May 23, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Yeh I don’t like any of those picks for Christian (except Chase of course). I don’t know who I would pick for Anastasia. Maybe Amanda Seyfried or Ginnifer Goodwin ?
Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn recently posted..Just another (Pinteresting) WednesdayMy Profile

43 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm

hmm.. I’ve never been a Amanda Seyfried fan! …except for Mean Girls. that totally doesn’t count. and I feel like Ginnifer is too old. I’m so picky about my Anastasia selection.

44 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn May 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Good Points! It’s hard to choose.

I wonder how they are going to make this movie without it being sooo graphic (if that makes sense). It should be interesting to say the least!

45 diana May 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Matthew bomer

46 Brittany May 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Oh yes I’m for Ian Somerhalder ORRR Chris Hemsworth and I agree I don’t like Kristen Stewart for the part… ugh. I think it needs to be a girl more like Zooey Deschanel??

47 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm

hahah I so can’t picture Zooey as Anastasia. I just picture her New Girl character knocking into shit everywhere she goes.

48 Jessie May 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Ahhhh, I hope they don’t use Kristen Stewart… NOOOOOOO!!

And I agree with you – Christian needs to SERIOUSLY look 27. I think any younger or older would be ridiculous (especially the “older”). I like your gossip girl man choice – I’ve never seen him before! I like Ian as well ;)

I’m actually interested to see how they’ll make the movie with all the sex scenes… but I’ll definitely go and see it! :)

49 Julie @ Running and Riley May 23, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Ewww! There is NO WAY that John Hamm should be Christian! I’m an Ian Somerholder fan myself….nummies!! Although I do think he may need to bulk up a little bit for the role. Just a smidge though. As far as Anastasia…I’m with you on the Kristen Stewart deal. Absolutely not.
Julie @ Running and Riley recently posted..This week I will be…My Profile

50 Danielle May 23, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I’m TOTALLY on the Ian Somerhalder train for Christian Grey! I’m a HUGE Vampire Diaries fan (Don’t judge me.. haha), and think he would be amazing in this role. I never thought of Chase Crawford who is definitely equally swoon-worthy, but I just feel like he isn’t smoldering enough! We also have to consider that whoever does it has to be okay with some graphic sex scenes, I dunno if Crawford has the chops for it!

For Anastasia, I’ve seen sames like Emma Roberts, Emma Stone, Lucy Hale, Nina Dobrev, etc… but I can’t picture ANY of them as Anastasia. I actually think that Emmy Rossum would be really good for the role! She’s got the whole awkward doe-eyed thing down and if “Shameless” is any indication, she’s not afraid to get down and dirty on screen! haha

51 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:11 pm

good call. I adore Emma Stone in a big way, but I don’t see her as Anastasia. I could see Emmy, though!

52 Katie May 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ian or Chase would be great as Grey. For Ana, I’ve been imagining Anna Kendrick from Up In The Air or Alexis Bledel. I will boycott it immediately if Kristen Stewart is in it!! UGH!
Katie recently posted..Plan of attackMy Profile

53 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp May 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I soooo want to do the casting for this movie! Some of my favorites are Armie Hammer for Christian (the guy from Social Network and errr the kiddie Snow White movie) and Sharon Stone for Elena aka Mrs. Robinson. Honestly I’m not sure who I picture for Anastasia? No actresses jump out at me.

Oh, and I will throw a temper tantrum if they cast any of the Twilight people in this movie. It won’t stop me from seeing the movie, but I will be all sorts of crankypants.
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Dijon & Herb Panko-Crusted SalmonMy Profile

54 Emily May 23, 2012 at 2:47 pm

omg chase is DEF Christian Grey … I honestly think who they cast will either make or break the movie.
& either make me a happy gal or a very disappointed gal!
Emily recently posted..YouthfulMy Profile

55 Megan @ Fiterature May 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

What about Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood? Too old? BUT so hot, classy and powerful. Yum.

As for Anastasia…I originally thought Scarlet Jo, but she’s too old. What about Jennifer Lawrence? She’s sweet and innocent, yet has a wild side. Or, if she’s too over-saturated right now, what about Chloë Grace Moretz from 500 Days of Summer? She’s innocent looking, yet sexy.

Thoughts?
Megan @ Fiterature recently posted..Mexican Benedict de Mayo!My Profile

56 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I adore Jennifer Lawrence. for realz.

57 Heather (Heather's Dish) May 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

i haven’t read the books but now i kinda want to so i can chime in! although i have to agree – kristen stewart? overrated. and jon hamm, however attractive, definitely not 27. no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Chewy Chocolate Pecan CookiesMy Profile

58 Alysha @Shesontherun May 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love Jesse McCarthy (but he’s too sweet for Grey – definitely more of an Elliot). I’m about a quarter through the first book. How about Channing Tatum for Grey :) Love him!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Peanut Butter S’mores Rice Krispie TreatsMy Profile

59 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

ooh, me too.. but I don’t know if I see him as Grey.

60 Katie May 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I so wish John Hamm were younger because I think he has the exact right acting style to make Christian Grey work. I definitely agree he is too old though. Ian Somerholder is a total babe – I think he could totally work. I don’t think he looks that old…maybe because I am getting old and delusional?? Is Chase TOO young looking?? I can’t decide…he’s such a cutie though! Maybe he could be Eliot??

For Anastasia, I have pictured Katharine McPhee…she’s a few years older than Ana, but I think she totally has the sweet & innocent thing down and is obviously gorgeous.

Side note: I pray that they do not personify her “inner goddess” ugh.

61 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

OH. good call. I agree whole-heartedly. it would turn into an episode of Lizzie McGuire.

62 Maura @ Running to Saks May 24, 2012 at 8:38 am

I definitely just burst out laughing (at work) at the Lizzie comment! Too true…

63 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 23, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Looks like you found your job calling. You could totally break into film…just share your workout video from yesterday! haha. :)
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Vegging Out for Radish SeasonMy Profile

64 Molly May 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I love Jon Hamm, but not in that role for sure. Tom Hardy, on the other hand, would be perrrrfect, IMO! Also Matt Bomer. Personally, I think Chase Crawford is WAY too ‘all-american’ for that role.
I read the comments above, and now I am obsessed with the idea of Emmy Rossum as Ana! She would be perfect!
Molly recently posted..Where I’ve BeenMy Profile

65 Kristina May 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm

had to comment – love your blog… and this post is wayyy to up my alley to just go silent on ;)

i immediately thought of chase too! if he had more of a chuck bass attitude, that would be the ultimate Christian Grey.

Mrs Robinson – Charlize Theoron and Elizabeth Olsen as Kate?

and i completely agree… im so picky with Ana and i hate myself when i think this but…i sometimes do picture Kristen Stewart and then i think of watching another 3 movies where she plays an indecisive, obsessed girl.. no thanks. Possibly emmy rossum, camilla belle? i just cant picture her. if anne hathaway was a few years younger (circa princess diaries days) i think she could fit the role.

I obviously have not thought about this AT ALL. :)

66 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 24, 2012 at 8:31 am

haha I’m glad you came out of the woodwork! ;)

I agree.. I think Anne would have been great for the role if she were younger. If only. And now, I think I’ll move to L.A. so I can audition for Kate.

67 Brie @ Eat Books May 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Oh god, I hope they don’t cast Kristen Stewart! Although, the books started out as Twilight fan fiction and Christian and Anastasia were originally Edward and Bella so I guess I wouldn’t be *too surprised* if they did cast her. Ugh.
Brie @ Eat Books recently posted..Mockingjay, by Suzanne CollinsMy Profile

68 Cari May 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

WHAT!? They are making a movie?!

You are a girl after my own heart, though. Chase would be beautiful to watch. I could see Shia LaBouef, Chris Pine (he is actually how I envisioned Christian), OR Garrett Hedlung.

And HECK NO to Kristen Stewart …she may look the part, but her acting wouldn’t par. I think Leighton Meester, Mila Kunis, or (sounds cliche) but Megan Fox would all be good candidates for Ana.

I just started the 3rd book. I’m not sure how I’m liking the direction they’re taking the story… :/

69 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 24, 2012 at 8:30 am

Chris Pine. yes. but I’d have to give Shai LeBouef a huge thumbs down. I still picture him in his Even Stephens character. ;)

70 Cari May 25, 2012 at 9:26 am

CHRIS EVANS. I saw The Avengers last night and I am in LOVE with him as Captain America. As in, I want to be Mrs. C.A. and have little CA babies. I swear, I’m not a comic book nerd. :)

But I think now, he is my favorite pick.

71 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I’m not feeling ANY of the males who are said to play him! Blech.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..last wednesdayMy Profile

72 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 24, 2012 at 8:23 am

OMG I would NOT watch it if Kristen is cast as Ana. Literally. I can’t stand to look at her.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Quick Hello!My Profile

73 julie May 24, 2012 at 8:35 am
74 Maura @ Running to Saks May 24, 2012 at 8:43 am

Oddly enough, after reading the comments above, I totally could see Anna Kendrick as Ana!

As for Christian, dear lord is there anyone that can live up to that character? If I had to choose, I’d be Team Bomer.
Maura @ Running to Saks recently posted..The Colored Pencil Project Yoga EventMy Profile

75 Cassie Kahl May 24, 2012 at 9:14 am

I saw an interview with Alexsander Skaarsgard, who said he was playing Christian?

I can’t Stand KS. If she’s cast, I say we protest.

76 cait May 24, 2012 at 9:29 am

ooo I want to play too! I may do a post myself and see who I cast aha ;) eww and HATE KSTEW with a passion and would be so upset if they did cast her :( but lets be serious- we’ll all watch the movie regardless. loved the idea of Chuck playing Christian Alyssa! Good choice!
cait recently posted..It’s Ok ThursdayMy Profile

77 Aundra | Fit for Life May 24, 2012 at 10:14 am

Finally caved and purchased a copy of the book. It should arrive tomorrow! Without even reading it, I would highly support Chase being cast. He’s just nice to look at!
Aundra | Fit for Life recently posted..If I Started Blogging Today…My Profile

78 Annie May 24, 2012 at 10:21 am

I love Ian or Chace!! I think Lucy Hale would be great as Ana!

79 Emily Petersen May 24, 2012 at 1:22 pm

i havent read the books yet but.. puke if kristen stuart gets another role in a great movie.. for some reason i cant stand her! uhg!
and ive heard so many things about this book that i will probably end up reading it, but the movie will be rated double R or XX?? haha has to be

80 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat May 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm

SO I hate reading because I always get too bored- will this one keep my attention?
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Rest Day Calories + WorkoutMy Profile

81 Liz @ Southern Charm May 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I never thought of Chase to play Christian … you’re a genius and you should totally be hired!! Before I heard your suggestion, I was all for Alexsander Skarsgard playing Christian, but he does look a little too old.

As for Anastasia …. anyone, well maybe not anyone, but K-Stew. I like Lucy Hale or Zoey Deutch, but neither of them have blue eyes … maybe Chloë Grace Moretzor?? This is a tough one!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..San AntonioMy Profile

82 CeeCee May 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Anna Kendrick IS Anastasia Steele! Brunette, petite, pale, intelligent, funny! I just can’t think of another young actress that will NAIL Anastasia’s witty/snappy dialogue! Anna Kendrick is perfect for this role. Chace Crawford is my Christian Grey. He has the looks, the body, the hair and after seeing him in “Twelve” I’m confident that he has the acting chops too.

83 Valerie May 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Colin Egglesfield for Grey! He’s not 27 but he looks young. And super hot! He was great in Something Borrowed and plays a “guarded heart” character role well. If they cast Kristen I will boycott! She’s not right for Ana. I think Anna Kendrick would be perfect. Maybe they should find some new, unknown actors to play the roles.

84 Megan May 24, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Chase is the perfect choice… love him!! For some reason I can see Anne Hathaway as Ana… if only she was younger. She’d be great if she was still closer to her Princess Diary years. I really hope they don’t cast Kristen Stewart either… but I sure do hope they make the movie!!
Megan recently posted..Clearwater Trip: Day ThreeMy Profile

85 Hayley @ Running Down the Runway May 25, 2012 at 9:03 am

I am also thinking that Chris Hemsworth would make an excellent Christian Grey. He is SO hot. And he is Australian/has thick hair/blue eyed blah blah. He should be casted in my opinion!

As for Anastatisa- I would rather them not choose a mainstream hollywood actress. Maybe some lesser-known, undiscovered actress would do a better job??!

P.S. did you see this video?? http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5c061dfb20/fifty-shades-of-blue-with-selena-gomez?rel=player
Hayley @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Friday FactsMy Profile

86 Rachel May 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

i too have been sucked into 50 shades…I think Emma Roberts would be a good Ana. She’s still young, up and coming, and has the innocent look about her. I think Ryan Gosling should be Christian! Hot! Chace seems too nice for the role

87 Chelsea M May 25, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I heard of Alexander Skaarsgard from True Blood as Christian. Maybe a little old but damn good looking!

Oh and anyone but Kristen Stewart

88 Amy May 28, 2012 at 12:03 pm

It’s possible Kristen Stewarts name is ALWAYS brought up to play the part of ‘Ana’ because Fifty Shades of Grey was orignally A TWILIGHT Fanfiction called Master of the Universe. Ana was BELLA Christian was EDWARD.

Why do you think Christian has “the hair”? Why do you think he is impossibly good looking and rich? Why do you think Ana bites her lip and is clumsy and average? And right – it still takes place in Washington State. Ever consider the Canon line of Twilight “Your mode swings are kinda giving whip lash.” (Bella to Edward) Kinda ties in with the whole “fifty shades of grey”

So, yes Kristen Stewart would be the perfect Ana, being it’s based on a character she brought to life and the mannerims that annoy you all soooo much (but seem to not mind at all in the character Ana…) Right, it’s the “Twilight” is stupid – everyone in it sucks – I’m unable to see past any of it to give anyone a chance beyond it.

So, it’s funny to me that all these people that can’t stand Twilight LOVE Fifty – who evolved from themes and character traits of the much hated Twilight.

Kristen Stewart is a good actress. She always plays the same person? No. She always takes her roles to a point where she is able to connect with the character – and puts parts of herself into it, making it more raw and real, which is why an academy award director like Bill Condon would agree to do Breaking Dawn (He wanted to work with the young talent of Kristen Stewart) I’m sure much of Hollywood (And I mean people who are respected) say such great things about her, because she is terrible. I mean they just give Bafta’s to anyone….

Just like there was NO TALENT WHATSOEVER in Nsync – what is his name? Justin Timberlake?
And Leonardo DiCaprio was a “Flash in the pan”
Marky Marky became Mark who? I don’t think anyone can deny his talent (Fighter)

I would put everything on the line to say that Kristen Stewart will win an Academy Award in her career. I will also give to Pattinson to exceed DiCaprio’s career.

They are the this generations Leo and Kate. And all the parents of the teens who are sick of it all – will watch them evolve into actors in movies one day they want to watch

89 AME June 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Well said. Honestly, I am sick of those people who whines and whines on about Kristen Stewart being a bad actress and acted the same way in all her movies. It’s true that she have a few gestures that she tends to do a lot (taken from herself), most actors brings a part of themselves to the parts they play. It’s not easy to totally cut off your whole self, you will always bring something in YOU to the characters without knowing it.
It’s true that she isn’t a good actor yet, but in time she will be. At least, I got what she is trying to portray with the roles she starred in. So, she can’t be a bad actress as those people claimed that she is. I would like to see those people acts. People tends to talk BIG when they are not doing the actual work. As for Robert Pattinson, I can’t say he’s a top actor yet, but he can acts. Just like KS, in time, I am sure he will be very good in it.
At least, I can see some talents in them and that there is a big chance that they both will improve their trait with time.
I remembered the first KS movie I saw was Panic Room, I liked the movie and thought the kid (I thought she was a boy :D) in it was in sync with Jodie Foster and acted well in it.
She and Rob have a undeniable chemistry on screen and off screen, that seemed hard to come by, I hope we will see more of them together in movies and good luck to them in their personal life.

90 mrs. r June 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

What about Rachel McAdams for Ana? She has a young face! Watch Wedding Crashers and tell see what you think! She has the perfect “giggle” and smile and she bites her lip a lot!! I think they need to find a newcomer that no one has really heard of to play Christian!

91 Sierra June 4, 2012 at 12:40 am

SCOTT ELROD WOULD BE A PERFECT MR GREY!!!!!If you have not heard of him google it!!!:O)

92 Melissa W June 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Honestly, there is no one BUT Ian Somerhalder that I can see in this role. If you’ve ever seen him on the Vampire Diaries, you know he’s got that intensity- not to mention he’s gorgeous! He’s got Grey’s signature eyes down, as well as his random temper tantrums. As for Ana, I really hope they go for someone with a low-profile. I liked someone’s suggestion of Anna Kendrick. I think she’d be the perfect Ana. She’s a little awkward, but still cute!

Other suggestions- Natalie Portman, Alexis Bledel- are great, but I agree that they are way too old… and I’m sorry, but casting Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling would be too distracting. They’re too well known.

93 Kellym June 5, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Jessie Pavelka is who I picture as Christian Grey. But since he is a fitness trainer/model it’s unlikely they will consider him. Although, without a doubt, he is the perfect image. If not him, I would choose Henry Cavill or Matt Bomer. As for Ana, I see Felicity Jones or Emilia Clarke.

94 mrs. r June 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

What about Tom Welling as Christian? Look at some past pics!!!!!

95 Zoe June 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Ryan Gosling would be perfectly matched with Mila Kunis as Christian and Ana!

96 ATM June 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I think Kristen Stewart is fairly okay actress, there are some ticks which hopefully will improve with experience and time. Honestly, I feel those who “despise” and disses her so much are just out of jealousy.
Anyway, I bet most of you will still go see the movie even if she is casted as Ana and Robert as Christian.

97 Dana June 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I think Amanda Seyfried was the first to pop into my head after the description of Ana. Ian Somerholder seems to look the part, but in the pic above seems a little too innocent. Gotta stew on that one a bit. Totally with you on the KStew bit!

98 Lorraine June 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

Jessie Pavelka is the perfect Christian Grey. Stop looking at the teenie boopers choices. Check this guy out — he’s got the hair, eyes , body (wow) and intense look.. All the rest are just window dressing. Seriously check this guy out and then make a comment

99 sabrina June 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Why do I think of James Franco as Mr. Grey?

100 Elle July 1, 2012 at 8:43 pm

ALEX PETTYFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!
although i will be happy chase!

101 Chloe July 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Honestly Ian someholder or jessie pavelka would be a PERFECT Christian Grey!!
And does anyone know how you can audition for 50 shades of grey?! I really want to audition for Anastasia!! I do t mean to sound over confident but ahhh i know that i would play that role perfectly!
If Kristen Stewart gets that role or that horrible actress from secret life on ABC Family I will hate life lol.. not to be dramatic or anything haha:)

102 Danielle September 11, 2012 at 12:18 am

I think it’s going to be Henry Cavill.

103 Danielle September 11, 2012 at 12:21 am

And Tom Hardy is probably the best new actor of the last decade. This is beneath him but he is amazing and would be amazing in this role because he can do anything.

104 Maija September 14, 2012 at 1:14 am