Blue Diamond Almonds: The Healthy Addiction

May 14, 2012 · 17 comments

You know those kinda snacks you just can’t stop eating?

You pry open the Blue Diamond Almonds can, toss some in your mouth, and repeat about 1600 times?

Seriously… almonds are my kryptonite. One I pop, I just can’t seem to get the fun to stop.

Almonds are actually one of the snack options on my meal plan. The portion size is 12 almonds, and let me tell you… if I don’t meticulously count out my almonds and put the bag away before I start eating, it’s over for me. All the rest of the day’s meals are out the window.

Fortunately, my beloved almonds are a healthy snack addiction. Did you know Blue Diamond Almonds have recently been certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) as a heart-healthy food?

That’s right. The AHA is telling me it’s okay to down several handfuls of almonds. They’re good for my heart and good for my health. Almonds contain the most nutrients in comparison to all other nuts and are filled with vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, and niacin.

Blue Diamond Whole Natural, Roasted Salted, Low Sodium, Sea Salt, No Salt, and Honey Dijon (swoooon) flavored almonds are newly certified by the American Heart Association and will feature the AHA Heart-Check Mark on their packaging. Heart disease, the #1 killer in our country, is preventable — we just need to take care of our bodies and make more healthy decisions.

So, join me in fueling my body in a heart-healthy way, won’t you? Let’s keep shoveling those delicious almonds into our mouths. It’s fine… they’re heart-healthy, and they have the Hearth-Check Mark to prove it. And if you want to talk about it further, there will be a Twitter Chat a week from today on Monday, May 21 at 8:00 p.m. See ya there!

FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.

1 Ashleysh22 May 14, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I LOVE almonds. I actually got to snack on some cinnamon roasted ones last night at a wedding. Yum!
Ashleysh22 recently posted..Do You Dream of Food?My Profile

2 Amanda May 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I have to do some major portion control when I eat almonds too! It’s such a great snack!
Amanda recently posted..Weekend+My Favorite MondayMy Profile

3 Randilea @ Life As I Bake It May 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Have you tried the brown sugar cinnamon ones? They are amazing!! I can’t stop eating them.
Randilea @ Life As I Bake It recently posted..Monday Recipe RecapMy Profile

4 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 14, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Good choice! I love that brand, especially the oven roasted ones 🙂
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..A Motivated MondayMy Profile

5 Julie @ Running and Riley May 14, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Honey Dijon flavored almonds?!? Must.get.some.STAT!!!
Julie @ Running and Riley recently posted..No truer words have ever been spoken…My Profile

6 Christie May 14, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Agreed!!!
I get mine from Sams club and IMMEDIATELY put them in baggies (while eating handfuls in the process?? <—yes mam) whoops? Sorry I am not at all sorry.
Christie recently posted..Summer 2012 Official Kick Off!My Profile

7 Nicole May 15, 2012 at 1:05 am

I <3 almonds too, especially the Blue Diamond roasted salted ones… HOLY YUM!
Nicole recently posted..Switching Up My PlaylistMy Profile

8 Khushboo May 15, 2012 at 6:22 am

Oh lawd, I’m glad I’m not the only one who is a victim of roasted almonds…I just can’t stop! I’ve never tried the Blue Diamond roasted almonds per say but I’m slowly developing an addiction to their almond butter. One word to describe it: crack!
Khushboo recently posted..Wa’s gwannin in Guangzhou…My Profile

9 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats May 15, 2012 at 9:35 am

OMG I’m totally obsessed with almonds. I could literally eat the entire bag in one sitting. But obviously I would be obese whale so that’s not really an option. I always have to portion them out or eat the 100-calroie packs (you’ve seen those right?) I happen to like the raw ones better than roasted, but to each their own! I think we may have to make a new AA group- almonds anonymous.
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..BBQ Pizza With Goat Cheese & Caramelized OnionsMy Profile

10 Lindsay May 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

Have you tried the Wasabi and Soy Sauce ones? AMAZING if you like things with a kick! I have some in my desk drawer right now!!
Lindsay recently posted..Mother’s Day, Onion Strings, Free Dessert and a NapMy Profile

11 Emily May 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

AHHHH almonds are def my go to snack as well & if I don’t count them out, I end up eating them all too!! I’ve always just stuck to the plain natural ones, but I cannot wait to try some of these different “flavor” ones!!!
Emily recently posted..long overdue …My Profile

12 Brittany @ Eating Bird Food May 15, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I am the same way with almonds – although I have found that it’s easier for me to have portion control with raw almonds than it is with roasted and salted. I think the salt is was triggers the impulse to keep eating them – at least that’s my guess. 🙂
Brittany @ Eating Bird Food recently posted..Quick and Easy Balsamic SalmonMy Profile

13 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 16, 2012 at 1:53 am

I go through a giant package of Blue Diamond Whole Natural (the green one) every week.!! It’s out of control, but delicious nonetheless. And so much cheaper than alternatives.

I mix them in with my protein oatmeal every day!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Powered By GranolaMy Profile